PDA

View Full Version : Dublin to Sydney this Xmas

jamesiek
26th Oct 2006, 15:15
Hi there,

I am tring to book a flight from Dublin to Sydney leaving on or after xmas day and arriving in Sydney on or before the 31st of December. I would preferably have a little stop somewhere on the way although it is not essential. The airline does not really matter.

The cheapest i can find at the moment is around 1550 euro (not too bad but still pricey enough). It is with Klm/ Malaysia Airlines. Should i go for this or does anyone have any other suggestions where to look etc. Thanks for all your help.

gdiphil
26th Oct 2006, 17:14
I flew with Malaysian LHR to SYD return in September. They have a 34 inch pitch which must be the largest in Y. The food and wine were good, and although I do not really bother with the IFE what I did use was perfectly acceptable. They are to be seriously considered. In my view BA is the one to avoid, the seat pitch is of a charter standard in economy. A pity, the crews are generally good, very professional and the food and entertainment is ok. Beware of QANTAS tickets, you might end up on a BA code share and a smaller pitch than QF. Have a good trip, I envy you, I can only go down to SYD in the colder months of the southern hemisphere.

toolonggone
26th Oct 2006, 19:30
Try www.opodo.co.uk (http://www.opodo.co.uk), got a great price to AKL ex DUB with them recently- same flight much more expensive with Ebookers and Expedia. Hope this helps!

agent x
26th Oct 2006, 23:52
Try China Eastern Airlines, they always have bargain fares LHR- Shanghai - Syndey!

heidelberg
27th Oct 2006, 15:02
Try Gulf site - they fly DUB to SYD via BAH for 1200 Euro return.
Big plus you avoid Londond airports.

I'm using them Business class to SYD in Feb at less than half the price of BA and QF plus its DUB dct BAH.
I'm told their Bus class is superb.

apaddyinuk
28th Oct 2006, 12:56
Just remember that DUB is closed on christmas day with no operations so you will only be able to leave on the 26th at the earliest!!!