PDA

View Full Version : Shepparton

Pass-A-Frozo
26th Oct 2006, 11:55
Are there any regionals that fly to Shepparton?

UnderneathTheRadar
26th Oct 2006, 12:09
No!

blah blah blah (sorry - not allowed to post with less than 10 characters)

Pass-A-Frozo
26th Oct 2006, 12:46
Doh... guess it's gone the way of my QF meal :{ I guess it's along the lines of paying the same amount, and getting less service from QF... paying a "Fuel Surcharge" even though they hedged the cost, and the prices have gone down. No offence to the fine QF pilots, but your management are doing a bad job at pricing.. It's a shame that they are actually making people look at other transport options.

Thanks for the confirmation.. I'll prepare my car :( :( :(

Pass-A-Frozo
26th Oct 2006, 14:14
Wow.. a fan who knows me.. most impressive...

If you read my post, it's called "the option of being a customer".
I thought market forces would fix the fuel surcharge?

We probably need a little regulation perhaps?

Perhaps you need a little education. Check out the Good University Guide. I don't think you understand.

Pass-A-Frozo
26th Oct 2006, 14:45
Ahh. The "Real World" .. .where Hitler burned books because "Education" was a waste of time..

I wish your Children who you are obviously encouraging to drop out in the 4th grade [after all it's a waste of time!] good luck. Please tell them to call my children "Sir /Ma'am" whilst my kids feel the need to employ them as hired help. :}

Sandy Freckle
26th Oct 2006, 21:46
Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!:} :} :}

psycho joe
29th Oct 2006, 07:09
Why go to university when you can go to ADFA and spend years learning how to fold/salute a flag.

Arm out the window
29th Oct 2006, 08:42
Righty-oh, I'll bite - perhaps because they do have to pass a degree course to graduate, on top of having passed through a bunch of stringent testing to get where they are?
I don't think academies are necessarily all they purport to be, but much knocking comes from them that's missed out themselves, in my experience.

Tagneah
29th Oct 2006, 09:15
I just ducked down to Cellar-brations and picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey (nearly came back with 5 Cougars)

Rolled my recliner infront of my plasma

Plugged my computer into the said Plasma (Pprune on a 50 inch screen - Nice)

This is gunna be a great stoush!

Tag

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!!!!!

Victor India
30th Oct 2006, 01:34
Wicked thread hijack!

Pass-A-Frozo
31st Oct 2006, 10:14
The market does fix most things.. see I should have just got a 210 endorsement and hired it from you.

Then again, we could regulate and only let you charge $150 an hour dry :8

Sorry but I've been too busy to argue with the great unwashed. :p

Is it really possible to hijack a thread you started :)

Keg
31st Oct 2006, 10:48
Why go to university when you can go to ADFA and spend years learning how to fold/salute a flag.

I must tell a mate of mine who is shortly to leave for a detination far more dangerous than downtown Shepparton how little some small minded members of the Australian public think of his four years of training through ADFA and RMC. I'm sure he'll feel warm and fuzzy about having his service to the nation denigrated in such a way. It's people with the training you denigrate who will be defending YOU in the event that things go south and some idiot with a 'mission from God' decides to wreak havoc on the Australian public and take us on. :rolleyes:

psycho joe
31st Oct 2006, 11:28
I must tell a mate of mine who is shortly to leave for a detination far more dangerous than downtown Shepparton how little some small minded members of the Australian public think of his four years of training through ADFA and RMC. I'm sure he'll feel warm and fuzzy about having his service to the nation denigrated in such a way. It's people with the training you denigrate who will be defending YOU in the event that things go south and some idiot with a 'mission from God' decides to wreak havoc on the Australian public and take us on.
As opposed to the Direct Entry guys??

Two Airline Pilots walk into a bar. One has a degree in aviation, the other doesn't.... Which one???

No Further Requirements
31st Oct 2006, 20:55
Ah, the Bin - what an institution! Alas, now closed down. And the Moose was burnt out, but now re-furbished and looking a bit more 'Gucci' than before.

The ADFA/Direct Entry thing - who cares, really? RAAF type guys/gals who go through ADFA (in my day anyway) did about 5 or 6 military periods a week plus their uni load. As well, they did about 12 of the 17 weeks of the Officer Training School direct entry course during their uni 'breaks'. Quite a solid load I can tell you. The direct entry guys and gals had an awful lot to learn in little time and I suppose the culture shock was 'interesting' to deal with!

Just my two cents to add to the hijacking! :}

Cheers all,

NFR.

PS Class of 96 reunion - see you there!

Pete Conrad
31st Oct 2006, 21:34
The "Moose" A haven for ADFA types, what does ADFA stand for again?....ah,thats right... Australian Dairy Farmers Association.

psycho joe
1st Nov 2006, 03:38
Two Airline Pilots walk into a bar. One has a degree in aviation, the other doesn't.... Which one???
A. Wait long enough and he'll tell you. :ok:

Two RAAF pilots walk into a bar. One is Direct Entry, the other is ADFA....Which one is the better pilot????:ugh:

Pass-A-Frozo
1st Nov 2006, 05:42
Jeez you blokes, stop hijacking the bloody thread:ugh:
This is about PAFYs idiotic ideas on the free market economy (and punchin' on out the back of the Shep aero club:ouch: )
Now Princess, it's a C206 not a C210. No need to regulate the price, do the research and you'll find it's quite a good price (and very well equipped).
Take care Princess :ok:

Can you train me for the endorsement?? I managed to attain my Single engine < 5700 KG endorsement a year or two ago - so I'm right with that one ;)

You caught me too late for a punch up. I was staying across the road at a motel on the weekend ..

As for dancing at the Bin.. no I was too busy making sure the bar didn't fall down.

As I've said before.. The free market is good. Our PM likes it as does our Treasurer. If your right shouldn't we get rid of Uni's and just ensure our PM / Treasurer have a pilot's licence. ;)

Don't get me wrong though. Just because you have a pilot's licence doesn't make you an idiot, but uni study in economics (or a similar field) sure makes you understand our current economic system a hell of a lot more than studying a CPL/ATPL alone.

Shep seemed like a nice enough aerodrome!

bushy
1st Nov 2006, 06:40
Economists, as a group of disciplined, scientific people, simply do not exist.

Sir Mark Oliphant. Scientist, and governor of S.A.

Pass-A-Frozo
1st Nov 2006, 07:37
Economists, as a group of disciplined, scientific people, simply do not exist.
Sir Mark Oliphant. Scientist, and governor of S.A.

Economics and Finance are an art. An art that has very high financial cost if you don't understand it.

Flogged Horse
1st Nov 2006, 09:26
Two RAAF pilots walk into a bar. One is Direct Entry, the other is ADFA....Which one is the better pilot????:ugh:

Doesn't matter, they both wear the same coloured uniform and both did the same flying training to be called a pilot!!!:ugh: :ugh: Clearly you think otherwise Mister Joe???

Please enlighten us with your wit :D :yuk: !

Cheers,

FH

No Further Requirements
1st Nov 2006, 10:38

The one who demonstrates the better skills on the day?

It really doesn't matter to most pilots/navs/atcs etc.....just matters to you by the sound of it Joe.

Cheers,

NFR.

Chronic Snoozer
1st Nov 2006, 16:31
Is it the one who pulls the chick with the biggest tits? :D

psycho joe
2nd Nov 2006, 05:37
Doesn't matter, they both wear the same coloured uniform and both did the same flying training to be called a pilot!!!

My thoughts exactly.:)

Pass-A-Frozo
2nd Nov 2006, 10:40
I have indeed made money out of the free market.

Someone who works in the construction industry is claiming to be from the free market, and is making accusations about corruption?

Quite amusing really!

Howard Hughes
2nd Nov 2006, 19:11
Is it the one who pulls the chick with the biggest tits? :DHow did we get on to Virgin pilots? ;)

Pass-A-Frozo
4th Nov 2006, 22:42
I would think that corruption is firmly entrenched in my industry, isn't that the point I was making? Derr!

Whether you choose to participate in it is another matter though, isn't it?

I'll give you a 10% discount if you pay up front for the check ride? You can trust me mate, it's just one of the risks you take in the free market.

You are confusing our economic system with our legal system.

ABX
23rd Nov 2006, 10:26
If the locals were beneath him I think you've answered your own question there mate.:}

Pass-A-Frozo
23rd Nov 2006, 10:41
Keh?? I think you are matey A legal system is there to prevent people conducting "corrupt" activities. An economic system on a macro levels relates to who owns what.

To imply that a given company is acting corruptly is not a problem with the economic system, it's a legal problem. To create a sport analogy, you are claiming that every "red card" in football [or soccer as some call it] shows a failure in the sport. Just as a communist state (almost always associated with totalitarianism [that’s a political system, not an economic system] [that's the only way it has ever worked] ) suffering from internal government corruption is not an indictment on the communist economic system, but a problem with totalitarianism.

I'm curious why you even ask if I "pulled" whilst in Shepperton? Are you implying that whenever you leave you house you "play away".

So let's recap
I would think that corruption is firmly entrenched in my industry, isn't that the point I was making? Derr!
People breaking the law... it's a legal issue.

tail wheel
23rd Nov 2006, 11:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif