PDA

View Full Version : Ground Ops Job Hunting

Lasiorhinus
25th Oct 2006, 13:44
How would one go about actually finding a job as, for example, a load controller, or dispatcher, or any form of ground ops job with an airline? Most web pages' Employment sections have great big bold headings for Pilots and Cabin Crew, and occasionally check-in staff, but where does one go for the rest of the ground ops jobs?

older_wiser
25th Oct 2006, 14:07
Check out : If you are looking in the UK !
http://www.aviationjobsearch.com.

Globeground / Servisair at lhr are always recruiting but the money is not that great.
Also many believe that getting into operations will lead to greater things but that is not always the case

KEPIT 2 YUSEN
1st Nov 2006, 22:12
Well said Older & Wiser. Opportunities for progression career advancement within ops are rare. (Should you want to further yourself position and salary wise)

Ops is great for learning the mechanics of how an airline operates/ or a base as the case may be. It would be worth setting your sights on a related area as well e.g within the commercial team (in the case of an airline) and possibly seeking advice on what you feel you might be able to study at the same time. Your ops experience will definitely be an advantage should a vacancy arise in the future in a related area. Although I no longer work in aviation, I started in ops and moved into commercial where salary improvement and progression was much more easily attainable. Things might be a little tougher now but thought I would pass on a little of my experience.

Good Luck Lasiorhinus :ok: