PDA

View Full Version : JetStar to Manila

max autobrakes
25th Oct 2006, 11:52
A mate just got back from Manila last week and said
No more Qantas signs hanging out the front of the departures level.
Replaced by JetStar signs.
Is this the start of the Qantas train smash looming?
Obviously Australian Wet Leasing Company must only be "taking" over the Manila services until JetStar can "get up to strength".
How far is Ian Oldmeadow going to push before something gives, and Qantas staff wake up to what the real agenda is I wonder? :ooh:

Pete Conrad
25th Oct 2006, 20:40
Max.... They can't even get enough experienced guys to crew the A330, let alone, they will have swags of guys leave when they do start...a byproduct of their own magnificent JPC and their bargaining ability.

apacau
25th Oct 2006, 21:54
your mate's probably mixing up with Jetstar Asia which flies to MNL from SIN

max autobrakes
26th Oct 2006, 00:43
Maybe Apacau,
but that's not the impression my mate got talking to the Qantas staff there.
In fact they were downright distraught at the prospect of their own demise .
To add salt to the wound, they all had to train their "new" replacements.:mad:

hotnhigh
26th Oct 2006, 04:28
Maxy, I think everyone at Qantas is very much awaken by what is going on. Unfortunately, in Johnny H's new world order there aint much that you can do about it without the possiblility of massive fines for individuals involved.
No real point in sitting tight either, cause this train doesn't have any seat belts. :ouch:

rammel
26th Oct 2006, 08:40
Yet again here is another story of people currently working for QF training there replacements for when someone else takes over (pending this being true for MNL). I hope these people don't show them too much so the process will be a balls up on change over.

Why are people so compliant with showing those taking over how it's done. If anyone comes to my area I will make sure they are told quiet a few furphys about how it's done. Nothing that will affect safety, but will hit QF's hip pocket and they won't find out till it is done and they have replaced me with someone on the sub continent.