PDA

View Full Version : 12 SQN Buccaneer Vid - 1970s

BANANASBANANAS
25th Oct 2006, 01:11
Does anyone have a link where I might be able to download, beg, borrow, steal or maybe even purchase the above vid?

It was responsible for me joining the RAF!:ok:

L J R
25th Oct 2006, 02:24
.....and with a log on like that, you obviously flew the jet as well.

matkat
25th Oct 2006, 05:11
Remember the vid well lots of old mates on but not me as I was on XV. Music wonderfully set by Vangellis, a true classic.

spectre150
25th Oct 2006, 05:22
'IT'S KENT!!!!' - the absolutely definitive low flying vid of its day IMHO - unsurpassed until GW1. And adding Vangelis as the soundtrack was pure genuis.

End of gush.

A2QFI
25th Oct 2006, 08:23
I remember the video, it was marvellous,and the music combined with it so well. I regret that I can't supply a link or a source - I'd be interested in it myself. What about contacting 12 Sqn who provided the aircraft, if I recall correctly?

Timelord
25th Oct 2006, 08:53
I asked this question a year or so ago and some kind soul referred me to:
Film Images
135 Salusbury Rd
London
NW6 6RJ

www.film-images.com

They have all kinds of old COI type films and will transfer them to tape for about £30.

jindabyne
25th Oct 2006, 09:11
Bananas

I have an 'original' VT which I'll put onto DVD - if it works, I'll happily send you a copy. The making of the piece was as good as the end product!! And the busty continuity girl was lusted by all the banana mates involved ----

winkle
25th Oct 2006, 09:23
if you do do a digital copy, then any chance of putting it on youtube. i loved the vid but didnt fly the jet would love to see it again though.:)

airborne_artist
25th Oct 2006, 09:35
jindabyne

Make sure that people you send the DVD to put a tenner in the RBL/RAFA tin!

syncro_single
25th Oct 2006, 09:38
Hi all,
Have got a disc with a load of old RAF films on it. The Bucc one is on there. If you would like one then pm me. There will not be any cost but I would require you to do the following:

Send me a SAE
Send me a blank DVD-R
Make a donation to a charity of your choice.

Not much to ask.

Don't have the knowledge/time to start editing the master dvd so you will get all the films on it.

If you are interested then please drop me a line.

Pete

LXGB
25th Oct 2006, 09:56
You've got mail :)

jimgriff
25th Oct 2006, 12:44
I've got a copy on DVD with a load of other old COI RAF fils. PM me for instructions.