PDA

View Full Version : Pilot X-overs?

threepointonefour
24th Oct 2006, 21:59
Just wondering if anything further has happened re the rumour that the F3 back seat shortages were going to be filled by Jaguar pilots hoping to to get to the wonder jet?

What's the best/funniest rumour you've heard this week?

Bob Viking
25th Oct 2006, 07:32
It is just that. A rumour!
I can assure you that no Jaguar pilots will end up in the back seat of anything except training aircraft!
If you want to make a rumour believeable you could at least have said GR4! Good God man.
BV:rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0172
25th Oct 2006, 12:31

You nearly had him I think;)

Don't think most F3 drivers would feel comfartable spending long periods of time with a jag mate right behind them.....................incoming.:}

charliegolf
25th Oct 2006, 12:51
Thought it would have been Phantom pilots who'd be really uncomfortable about a Jag mate behind them!

CG

27mm
25th Oct 2006, 13:09
T'other way round, Charlie Golf - Phantom driver behind Jag Mate - Fox 2 near the Wesel POL during Wilders exercise ('82 approx), courtesy of Uncles Roy and Al. 92Sqn F4: XV422 "O".

charliegolf
25th Oct 2006, 14:08
27mm

I was sorta thinking about the revenge motive.......

Will try harder.

CG

Bob Viking
25th Oct 2006, 15:42
Do you know what?
I was originally going to post some sort of peurile remark about not wanting to get into an aeroplane with a fag driver and decided against it as it was a little obvious.
However, since you started it I would just like to add that I think all F3 pilots smell of wee.
So there.

Dunhovrin
25th Oct 2006, 20:40
Am I missing something?

Shurely the Jag mate behind you banter is not about the Blau-On-Blau but about the same scurolous story that lead to...

"Don't Bend Down When A Jag Mate's Around,
Or You'll Get a Willie Up Your" ask

me the rest later.

Or am I just a sad old Jagophobic man with an udder obsession?

Tracey Island
26th Oct 2006, 07:14
Good.

Nice to see that in the current climate where defence and single service issues are up crap creek, the Utterly Utterlies are even able to turn in on themselves.

Well done.

:D

Bob Viking
26th Oct 2006, 07:22
That's quite right, Tracey. We are quite obviously on the verge of ripping each others throats out. With this level of banter how can we possibly be expected to work with each other, let alone all the other services.
Tool.

charliegolf
26th Oct 2006, 07:24
We utterly utterlies call it banter. It's a form of fun based on pi$$-taking. It's really quite widespread. Another 3 or 4 countries and it could become an Olympic sport. We'd win.

CG

chippy63
27th Oct 2006, 14:42
From the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary:
1690- Wanton or humorous ridicule; now usually good natured railery.
Olympic banter event is a good idea; I'm sure Kazakhstan would sign up. In fact, I think that the host country of each Olympics can establish a new event. Don't see the Chinese doing Banter in the next go around, but when London hosts...