PDA

View Full Version : Transfer to RAF Rearcrew

Faithless
24th Oct 2006, 13:57
Any info on procedures on how to transfer to the RAF as a Loadmaster pretty please, as my unit seem to be as knowledgeable as a korean traffic warden :ugh:.

Many thanks.:ok:

Almost_done
24th Oct 2006, 14:05
The only place to go now is your local CIO. They handle all applications to Commission and Airmen Aircrew now even for serving Airmen/women, the Station route is long gone.

That being said, call some units up and they may show you around the job and give you a better view of what you need to know. On your unit see if they have a 'commissioning club' up and running and they will offer even more advice for you.

Hope that helps A_D

Pontius Navigator
24th Oct 2006, 14:40
Faithless do I detect that you are military but not RAF at the moment? If so, you will need to convince your own bosses that you don't have an existing RTS. If they want to keep you they will pretend that you have; a change of service however is different from actually leaving Betty's service.

Everything else being equal a transfer should not be a problem.

smugley
24th Oct 2006, 19:32
Faithless, with all due respect to the other PPruners here, there is an awful lot of fog about transferring, that was certainly the case for me. Please PM me for the gen.

Poss1Low
25th Oct 2006, 13:48
There is a Non Commisioned Aircrew Liasion team at RAF Cranwell ext 6092. We recently put a serving member of another service in touch with them and they seemed to be helpfull.