PDA

View Full Version : Jetconnect

Snowbabe
23rd Oct 2006, 23:14
Are anyone heard anything from the recent October interviews that were held in Wellington and Auckland????:)

wgtn06
24th Oct 2006, 00:43
I havent heared anything after the assessment day. On that day, the trainer told me that the feedback will be given about two weeks time. I havnt done any medical test, First aids cert, etc. It will take ages. :eek: :ugh:

I m kind of stuck here since i need to wait the result, otherwise i will move to oversea. :confused:

I really wish i can get it. LOVE travel n aviation. it would be awsome experience.

sooz64
24th Oct 2006, 01:18
I was at one of the Auckland recruitment days. Still waiting to hear...:E
Hopefully we will hear something soon!
Sooz

sooz64
29th Oct 2006, 21:37
Snowbabe & Wgtn 06 have you heard anything?
It's 2 weeks now.... :uhoh:

Sooz

wgtn06
30th Oct 2006, 09:13
:uhoh: same here. :ugh:

Snowbabe
30th Oct 2006, 18:39
I havent heard anything.:)

sooz64
30th Oct 2006, 19:00
Hopefully we will hear something this week... I know they have called references last week.:uhoh:

Sooz

sebby
31st Oct 2006, 00:35
Dont stress guys - the short haul crew who applied still havent heard anything either. It can take a little while as the apps go back to sydney before the final decision.

If you were unsuccessful I owuld ahve thought you would have heard by now, but dont get your hopes up too much!

All the best :)

sooz64
31st Oct 2006, 00:51
Thanks Sebby.
I'm trying to prepare myself for disappointment just in case...
But it would just be nice to know either way!

Sooz

wgtn06
5th Nov 2006, 22:02
Anyone? Anything?

:ugh:

Snowbabe
6th Nov 2006, 18:17
Haven't heard a thing.:cool:

sooz64
7th Nov 2006, 01:51
I got a letter requesting that I go for a medical. I'm thinking this is looking quite positive although it does state quite clearly it isn't a job offer.
Hopefully you guys will hear something soon too.:)
Sooz

Snowbabe
7th Nov 2006, 02:32
I received an email saying that I am unsuccessful at this time but can reapply in 6 months.

I am not too worried, the timing isn't quite right and I know the pay won't be as good as what I am on now. Now I can put plan B into action and travel around Canada.

There is always another time plus Air NZ have approached me as well.

Hope it all goes well.:)

wgtn06
7th Nov 2006, 03:03
i didnt get it.

Bey for now.

good luck

GorgeousKiwiGal
8th Nov 2006, 08:44
I received an email saying that I am unsuccessful at this time but can reapply in 6 months.

I am not too worried, the timing isn't quite right and I know the pay won't be as good as what I am on now. Now I can put plan B into action and travel around Canada.

There is always another time plus Air NZ have approached me as well.

Hope it all goes well.:)

Definitely go for Air NZ over Jetconnect!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have been fortunate to have been offered an interview with Air NZ, run to it with open arms as Air NZ opportunities do not come around often!

As a former J/C f/a now with NZ I can say with all honesty it was the best move I ever made! Better pay, conditions, opportunities for advancement, crew and senior staff.

Remember the Air NZ screening/interview process is a lot harder than Jetconnect. So take what you have learnt from your J/C interview, work on it and go for Air NZ. If you need any advice PM me.

Good luck :ok:

sebby
8th Nov 2006, 10:32
GKG these people are referring to long haul recruitement, at NZ in the "ZEAL" department these people would never earn what they will at jetconnect long haul. The base salary is over 30k now and with 1 - 12 day trips the allowances are through the roof.

The recruitment process is rigorous and involves role plays and is not in any bit like the short haul department that you used to work for.

You are essentially "QANTAS", but you are employed by Jetconnect on a different contract to mainline crew to save Big Red billions of dollars. They are earning much more than 23k plus DTA, and have worked a lot harder to get there in the recruitment process.

Air New Zealand is so unstable i wouldnt touch them and recently withdrew from ZEAL for this reason. The word New Zealand shouldnt be in their compnay name... they dont want to seem to keep their profits here. ..... just outsource as much as they can! :=

GorgeousKiwiGal
17th Nov 2006, 13:38
GKG these people are referring to long haul recruitement, at NZ in the "ZEAL" department these people would never earn what they will at jetconnect long haul. The base salary is over 30k now and with 1 - 12 day trips the allowances are through the roof.

The recruitment process is rigorous and involves role plays and is not in any bit like the short haul department that you used to work for.

You are essentially "QANTAS", but you are employed by Jetconnect on a different contract to mainline crew to save Big Red billions of dollars. They are earning much more than 23k plus DTA, and have worked a lot harder to get there in the recruitment process.

Air New Zealand is so unstable i wouldnt touch them and recently withdrew from ZEAL for this reason. The word New Zealand shouldnt be in their compnay name... they dont want to seem to keep their profits here. ..... just outsource as much as they can! :=

That's all a matter of opinion, not fact :ok:, but I appreciate where you are coming from, Sebby.

I "assumed" a couple of the people above were talking about short-haul as they had recent recruitments, and they were also talking about Wellington. Last time I heard l/h did not have a WLG base. Correct me if that has changed.

It doesn't matter either way anyway :) . What I am getting at (I have been a flight attendant for quite some time now with QF mainline s/h, QF Jetconnect s/h and now NZ/Zeal s/h) is that if one were given the chance to go to Air New Zealand (under the Zeal contract) and J/C s/h, in my opinion they'd be crazy to go for J/C s/h. If, however, J/C is their starting point as a career as a flight attendant - then go for it. It's great as a foot in the door, gives you some fab experience and a chance to see the country and a lil bit of Aussie.

Both companies no doubt have their pros and cons and we can disagree until we are blue in the face really, lol. But Zeal has better pay then J/C shorthaul (I can show you my J/C payslips and Zeal payslips if you want proof - lol), SYD and BNE (not to mention DUD, HLZ, AKL, CHC, PMR, WLG) overnights with allowances, fab hotels (all 4-5 star), amazing cabin crew who are extremely knowledgable, great managers, fab opportunities for advancement and of course the pride in representing our nations carrier. I feel fantastic going to work and jumping on an Air NEW ZEALAND plane everyday giving that amazing Kiwi hospitality, service, cuisine and beverages and hearing again and again from our passengers just how much they love our service.

Flights attendants at Zeal can take home up to $2,000 per f/n (depending on their base and if they are a trainer as well etc) + allowances. Some ISM/Trainers are on $3,000 per f/n, so that's nothing to sneeze at. And if we are going to compare Air New Zealand l/h with J/C l/h ... well ... where do I start ... about 8 times the pay for a start - lmao! J/C has certainly come a long way, don't get me wrong and thank god ... but I was there at the start, as I have been for Zeal. And if Zeal are doing this well for only 5-6 months in the making, imagine what they are going to be doing in six years time (amount of time J/C has been going) :ok:.

As for NZ outsourcing their money, lmao. 1) that is largely untrue. 2) even if it is, that has nothing to do with what the company are like to work for. 3) Air New Zealand, like QANTAS is a BUSINESS - bills have to be paid and profits go back in to the company building the brand and expanding the airline to be te very best, hence us being the first airline in the world to get the new 7E7 Dreamliners (registered under Zeal). 4) I, personally, have never been so happy to go to work every day and so proud of the company and people I work for/with than I am here at NZ/Zeal.

P.S. As you also do not work for long-haul, we are in the same boat of what we know of how it works really, lol. One of my best friends just started with J/C l/h and loves it to death, which is awesome. He's never been so happy. Three of my former J/C colleagues are at l/h now, two love it, one tolerates it, lol. Yet another friend has been there for three years and loathes it with a passion (mind you he came from BA and Emirates so what does he expect - lmao). It's all what you make of it really, like anything. And I KNOW l/h is alot different than s/h, hun. I was not ever arguing that :ok:.

Have a great weekend.

NZ_Girl
18th Nov 2006, 00:50
Hiya :)

I'm assuming that Zeal is Freedom? I have just read these posts and been given a newfound positivity.. I applied for Pac Blue a couple of months ago, it was a bit of a process, and i was quite drained at the end of it. I was unsuccessful and i think this is what caused my recent negativity... anyway, what i want to know is do you think Zeal are worth it? Are they really good to work for? I have been invited to a walk in day at Air NZ shortly and am keen but still feeling a little burnt by my last experience. I also applied online for J/C but have heard nothing, although i am getting the impression that its just as well lmao! Any input would help me immensely!

flyboynath
18th Nov 2006, 03:51
NZ Girl - did you apply for Jetconnect long haul or short haul? You may hear something soon as there are assesment days for long haul coming in December for positions to commence early in the new year. Long haul is not that bad at all really, but can't comment on short haul.

Zeal, Jetconnect, Pac Blue or MAM (in Aus) are pretty much all that is open to NZ applicants at the moment and I personally can't see that changing in a hurry. Unless you are prepared to move further away and in most cases meet residency requirements wherever that place may be. I think too many people are quick to diss Jetconnect, the way things are going, they are turning out to be the best option in NZ - who would have thought!

It all depends on what sort of flying you are interested in doing. Zeal is pretty much Freedom operating on Air NZ A320 services accross the Tasman. Whatever you decide, take it for what it is now, not what it could possibly become in the future as anything could happen. People are always saying the downscale of conditions and outsourcing is the nature of aviation now days, and I agree, but in reality, its the nature of most industries now.

sebby
18th Nov 2006, 05:16
Jetconnect has been recriting nationally for long haul for a few months now - going to the applicants etc..

As for you working for QF Mainline SH.. tell me more... they havent done a recruitment for some time now. Since I left my former colleagues have been most up to date in the information regarding them.

So please.. do tell, where were you based and what contract were you on? Im most intrigued.......

flyboynath
18th Nov 2006, 05:39
Sebby, who are you asking about short haul?

sebby
18th Nov 2006, 23:37
Sorry for the confusion - I was asking Gorgeous(?)kiwigirl...

She had posted that she worked for them in the past aswell as Jetconnect short haul (but when she tried again earlier this year was unsuccessful, must have been a good employee) and now works for zeal serving "fine cuisine" (her gorgeous words) in a paper box :} .

overhere
19th Nov 2006, 03:02
Sebby,

You can attack GKG on a personal level all you like - although along with your recent conflict management issue, this again brings me to question the maturity and professionalism of JC's new SH crew. There's nothing worse then crew who attack the oppositions service, style and crew.

Having also worked for Jetconnect, I totally support GKG's statement (apart from the pay at Zeal, I think that could be slightly wishful thinking). NZ group offers much better long term career progression, better pay & conditions, newer aircraft and a supporting mangement structure (oh and did I mention real staff travel...!). It's not all about the money - it's also very much about lifestyle.

Don't get me wrong, Jetconnect is a fantastic start to ones career at - many of us started there and now work for other major airlines in NZ, AUS, Europe & the ME. The people are fantastic - in-fact it was the people I most enjoyed there (and still really miss). However it'l never be a career airline - the pay, lifestyle, conditions and career path just don't work.

It's a shame, many of us would have hung around it there'd been a future.

You'd be mad to take J/C over NZ if given the choice.

sebby
19th Nov 2006, 03:25
Overhere,

Are people in Australia aware of NZs current financial situation? NZ papers are spread everyday with a different department of people losing jobs to contracters overseas or their particular contract being taken back.

The most recent being their closure of all NZ call centres (except auckland) and just before that the annoncement that all ground handling services will be outsourced to swissport by february next year. Redundancies or new contracts with an overseas company all round.

Im one of the many people still waiting to be offered a training date with NZ LH, ive been waiting 18 months now. I sometimes get an email telling me to sit tight whilst they make the appropriate adjustments to their business model.

My friends who once flew for NZ Pacific, found themselves with the option of giving up their fantastic contract and taking the Zeal one or lose their tasman flying and a lot of allowances with that. Which was the lesser of two evils?

Yes the staff travel is great... but are you aware of the new contract being offered at JC short haul? The new staff travel allowance?

Air New Zealand are losing millions everyday because they cant compete down the back area of the plane. The Zeal crew are infamous for their lack of service because they arent provided with the resourses to supply the customer with what they want. I made the decision to work on older aircraft because I no longer wanted endless overnights or flying duties over 12 hours with 3 to 4 day layovers after that. QF shorthaul can sometimes be a longhaul operation. I moved here with my partner and although tempted to move over to NZ at one stage I made the decision not to go based on what many Zeal crew had told me and the reports I hear from travellers within New Zealand when I go to work everyday. A shame really.

You mentioned the people - unfortunately the people at JC are tired and have had enough. However of the ones that are left from those days you speak of, they still remember them too.

I do appreciate your comments and criticism, and take it onboard. Thanks :ok:

sebby
19th Nov 2006, 03:29
In saying all of that however, it is not lost on me Qantas' outsourcing and cost cutting ways! :E

Jetconnect may be under the QF umbrella but is a NZ owned and operated company - so in effect oes create and keep jobs in NZ.

flyboynath
19th Nov 2006, 03:50
Can we not turn this thread into the QANTAS Australia thread? There's more mud-slinging going on over there if thats your thing.

wgtn06
12th Dec 2006, 00:55
Got rejected for jetconnect LH. It was depressing to die.

Got accepted yeasterday for Zeal 320. A bit sudden... excited...nervous...

After reading all your commends, more excited, nervous and confused.

2007! Here I come ! :D

sebby
12th Dec 2006, 02:03
Midnight - just so you are aware, it has never been QFs decision to not give Jetconnect full travel (on QF only). Grant Lilly has always stated that staff travel was not to be enhanced until Jetconnect was an established business. The staff travel entitlement is now in line with Australian Airlines crew and their entitlement.

Maybe in another 5 years we will be entitled to sit in J/C. :}

sabby_nz
15th Dec 2006, 00:26
Is anyone going to the Jetconnect Short Haul Open Day tomorrow in Auckland?

And can any one please help me out... just wanted to know what will happen in this open day?...We might have to stay for the whole day...so will we be doing role plays?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

oneworldairline
15th Dec 2006, 04:40
Really they are having an open day for jetconnect? is there or will there be for the long haul? and where is it advertised?

thanks guys

OWA

sebby
15th Dec 2006, 06:34
This was advertised in a NZ newspaper.

Long Haul regualarly recruit and will be heavily recruiting until October of next year.

Apply at www.jetconnectrecruit.co.nz (http://www.jetconnectrecruit.co.nz) - the open days are open to everyone obviously.

Good luck sabby, I have sent you a PM. :ok:

sabby_nz
17th Dec 2006, 22:31
Thanks for ur pm sebby..and for your help.

We were there at 9 am...probably about 70 - 80 people...then we went in a room n they started taking few people in another room.

First height got measured...then we gave our details...passport, cv & first aid photocopies... Taken into another room and had a one minute interview...just asked about my customer service experience n then was taken outside of the room where another person said ok we'll see u at 2pm for group disccusions.

2-5...about 56 of us were back...divided into groups of 7 and they told us where to sit specifically and one assessor noted down what all we talked about... did one group discussion one person presented it n then we went for a break and then another one which was actually a debate was quite fun....then all of us were tole that if we get a call back before 8pm we have to go back on sunday for a panel interview. If you dont get a call the thanks for coming.

I waited but didnt get a call. But no worries i will keep on trying.

sebby
18th Dec 2006, 07:39
Im sorry to hear that Sabby.

Good luck for your future endeavours.

Blow-a-slide
2nd Jan 2007, 00:47
Hi guys,

I've had a good read through the posts about flying in NZ, but I wouldn't mind finding out about the different pay and conditions that are offered by, say JETCONNECT LH, PACIFIC BLUE, FREEDOM and ZEAL.
Currently a Purser in oz with a charter company, but Im thinking it's time for a change...what do you guys think?
Cheers and Happy new year!

jetkiwi
22nd Jan 2007, 20:24
Hi guys,
I've had a good read through the posts about flying in NZ, but I wouldn't mind finding out about the different pay and conditions that are offered by, say JETCONNECT LH, PACIFIC BLUE, FREEDOM and ZEAL.
Currently a Purser in oz with a charter company, but Im thinking it's time for a change...what do you guys think?
Cheers and Happy new year!

Hey ... don't go to Jetconnect (SH) if you can at all help it. Staff morale is at the lowest point it could possibly be. Turnover of staff is at an all-time high. Although the upside to that is that a job with J/C is guaranteed permanent as long as you want it (or can put up with it).:ugh:

jetkiwi
22nd Jan 2007, 20:34
Air New Zealand are losing millions everyday because they cant compete down the back area of the plane. The Zeal crew are infamous for their lack of service because they arent provided with the resourses to supply the customer with what they want.

Funny you should mention about the Zeal crew Sebby... I had feedback (and was given crew names) by some passengers who flew QF AKL-WLG on Friday afternoon. Less than complementary I can tell you...
Maybe it's time to lift the bar a little before you start criticising the opposition! :=

Teaorcoffee
29th May 2007, 00:19
Could anyone tell me the aircraft long haul Jetconnect crew work on?

Thanks.

Teaorcoffee
29th May 2007, 04:48
^^^^ Great thanks.

It was actually quite difficult to find that information so I am very greatful.

Have always wanted to work on the 747's!