PDA

View Full Version : Attention Military Helo Jockeys!

FlyGooseFly!
22nd Oct 2006, 21:58
Now though I would give generously of my body parts to be with you and your machines - some of you are playing wargames over farmland near Waddesdon and THIS WILL NOT DO!:*

Please keep higher alt., and lower pwr setting, especially if you can see animals - I might be under one of them. Either that or I'm investing in a cow turd launcher. :ok:

movadinkampa747
22nd Oct 2006, 22:13
What on earth would you be doing under a cow? You do realise that it is ileagal

ProfessionalStudent
22nd Oct 2006, 22:27
Here we go again... Shades of poor old Mig15 and his nervous missus here.

Now :mad: Off and take your whinges somewhere else. Or we'll report you to the the RSPCA.:(

diginagain
22nd Oct 2006, 22:55
Could we have a more accurate location, please? Just so it can be avoided, you understand.:}

Roadster280
22nd Oct 2006, 23:54
You want to throw cow **** at military helicopters? Very patriotic.

The **** would hit the fan! Mind you, A Wokka has a fairly impressive couple of fans to blow it back with.

London Mil
23rd Oct 2006, 05:16
You want to throw cow **** at military helicopters? Very patriotic.

It might be an improvement on the smell coming from the inside?:)

Talking Radalt
23rd Oct 2006, 06:42
some of you are playing wargames over farmland near Waddesdon and THIS WILL NOT DO!:*

From our perspective, you're playing farmgames under our air space. And that won't do either.
Have you ever flown in to Sangin by the way?

airborne_artist
23rd Oct 2006, 07:47
especially if you can see animals - I might be under one of them

Only three possibilities:

1. You are Daisy the Cow and Billy the Bull is on top giving you one. Congratulations - a cow that can type :D

2. You are Farmer Giles and you are underneath Daisy getting your pinta draught :confused:

3. You are a sick person and you are underneath Billy the Bull giving him a b*** j**. :mad:

Radar Muppet
23rd Oct 2006, 07:57
God, the replies above p1ss me off. Although this guy could have put his complaint over in a nicer manner, the replies are typical of the 'We know best and what we do is more imortant than what you do' attitude that has pervaded PPRuNe for a while now. If one is tending a large and potentially dangerous farm animal, the last thing that is helpful is to have a rotary mate nearby. It doesn't mean that it is wrong for the helo to be there but nor is it wrong for a farmer to be looking after his stock. Instead of lambasting a fellow citizen who is also trying to earn his bread, why not sympathise and offer some help?

FlyGooseFly, if you have vulnerable breeding stock or a particular time of year when you would be grateful for fewer overflights, then call a RAF station and ask for the Corporate Communications Officer. Explain the problem and suggest a solution. Be polite and emphasise how much you support the flying but that sometimes it is a real hazard to you and ask them to write to you with their answer. Follow up up the call with a letter to the Station Commander which summarises the problem and the phone call and asking for his assistance.

Fellow PPRuNers. Take a deep breath and get over yourselves for heaven's sake. There is a world out there where people do entirely different jobs to you and we need to be able to operate in tandem to them not in opposition.

eagle 86
23rd Oct 2006, 08:18
RM,
Whilst I support your sentiment, I think that it is you who needs to back off and cool down. Prune sites across the board have a reasonable chance of not being known as serious mediums for rational thinking or comment.
Methinks that this is a windup - I don't know any farmer who would go to this sort of forum and expect results.
GAGS
E86

rmac
23rd Oct 2006, 08:35
I don't think its a wind up, flying farmers are one of the largest groups in UK GA, as they have plenty of space to put in a strip of their own.

I also don't think that his request was too harsh, it actually has an element of thin humour shared by the infantry (Farmer with a shovel is not much different to an infanteer without the shooting ;) )

14 years since I became a civvy, and I didn't know that we were producing such a snesitive group of souls in these days..:E

Razor61
23rd Oct 2006, 08:35
Avoid the farm and come to Mid Devon 'lower' instead. I promise i won't moan.

fone_effect
23rd Oct 2006, 10:00
Radar
You are going to have a heart attack if you are not careful mate :=

OpsMunkie
23rd Oct 2006, 10:34
Fellow PPRuNers. Take a deep breath and get over yourselves for heaven's sake. There is a world out there where people do entirely different jobs to you and we need to be able to operate in tandem to them not in opposition.

Come off it. If someone has a genuine complaint about flying, the way to go about it is to make a flying complaint to the MoD. Not stick a winge on PPprune. Thats just asking for banter surely.

London Mil
23rd Oct 2006, 10:51
I wonder if FGF has bought his 'turd chucker' yet? :D

TurbineTooHot
23rd Oct 2006, 14:51
Maybe we can take a couple of mess cannons down and see if one of them works as a pat-slinger.......

Wait, this gives me and idea:E :E :E

Talking Radalt
23rd Oct 2006, 18:36
Although this guy could have put his complaint over in a nicer manner, the replies are typical of the 'We know best and what we do is more imortant than what you do' attitude that has pervaded PPRuNe for a while now.

I'll remember that next time I'm on my way home from work, stuck behind a 4mph combine harvester for miles on end or a muck spreader, gaily flinging sh!t from it's tyres over passing motorists whilst the Fast Show's "Ted" blatantly ignores the rest of the world from the sanctuary of the cab of his Massey Ferguson. :rolleyes:

engineer(retard)
23rd Oct 2006, 18:46
Could be worse, instead of flygoosefly, he could have signed in as squealpiggysqueal. You don't want to go down in his field :eek:

Radar Muppet
23rd Oct 2006, 18:49
TR

Do that but bear in mind that, despite our protestations of working long hours, most farmers work significantly longer for 365/365 and few earn anywhere near as much as you. Also remember please that farmers/landowners consent is critical to our training requirements. We p1ss them off and our training areas/DZs/HLSs etc could suddenly become less available.

PTT
23rd Oct 2006, 20:26
...despite our protestations of working long hours, most farmers work significantly longer for 365/365 and few earn anywhere near as much as you...
They should have worked harder at school then! :rolleyes:

Always_broken_in_wilts
23rd Oct 2006, 20:35
Beat me to it PTT:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

wg13_dummy
23rd Oct 2006, 21:07
TR
Do that but bear in mind that, despite our protestations of working long hours, most farmers work significantly longer for 365/365 and few earn anywhere near as much as you. Also remember please that farmers/landowners consent is critical to our training requirements. We p1ss them off and our training areas/DZs/HLSs etc could suddenly become less available.

You dont see many farmers knocking around in old tractors do you? Most wouldnt be seen dead in last years Range Rover either.

Farmers are fricking loaded! Especially with the Euro handouts. As someone said earlier on in this thread.

flying farmers are one of the largest groups in UK GA

Utter paupers obviously.

If they do feel they are getting a bit skint, they flog off half an acre of land for a huge amount to a developer to build a gzillion houses on.

FlygooseFly should phone up the local stn as already advised and ask for an avoid to be slapped over his land. Failing that, buy some large dayglo jackets for his Heffers.

Talking Radalt
23rd Oct 2006, 22:09
TR
Do that but bear in mind that, despite our protestations....few earn anywhere near as much as you.

And who are you? The JPA pixie?
Never seen a farmer on a push bike. How's that?
And why is our airborne jiggery pokery any less important than matey boy's bovine twiddling?
I bet FlygooseFly wouldn't turn down a boozy lunch, free flight in a Chinny and an invite to the O's Summer Ball by way of compensation either?

Razor61
23rd Oct 2006, 22:50
If they do feel they are getting a bit skint, they flog off half an acre of land for a huge amount to a developer to build a gzillion houses on.

You forgot all those farmers who have Mobile Phone masts dotted around on their land, some with three or more in one field.....assume they get loaded from the companies wishing to use the land....

You don't see the farmers on SPTA moan when their cows are standing right next to AS90's firing off rounds like they were during the demo's........ Farmer was sat watching them in his tractor enjoying himself waiting for his wife who came down in her nice new 'discovery' with fence posts in the trailor....

diginagain
23rd Oct 2006, 23:19
I bet FlygooseFly wouldn't turn down a boozy lunch, free flight in a Chinny and an invite to the O's Summer Ball by way of compensation either?
Yeah, right.

"Look, it's perfectly safe, you just sit down here on the ramp and we'll show you what your land looks like from the air. What's this? This is just the other end of your harness, I'll hang onto it if you like? Don't worry about the smell, someone threw a couple of turds at us last time we were down this way"

vecvechookattack
23rd Oct 2006, 23:37
Thats clever.... I can see the headlines now....

"UTTERLY UTTERLY USELESS RAF JOCKS THREATEN TO THROW INNOCENT HARDWORKNG FARMER OUT OF A HELICOPTER".... AND HIS CRIME....?

He had the audacity to complain about extremely low flying helicopters frightening his animals and thereby threatening the production from his land and the loss of revenue and loss of produce to the public.

Yep, that should do the trick...That will get the public on our side and in favour of Low Flying

diginagain
23rd Oct 2006, 23:44
Sorry, vec, just let me nip back and throw in a shed-load of smilies.............

Jeez, lighten up, will you?

wg13_dummy
24th Oct 2006, 00:03
Thats clever.... I can see the headlines now....

"UTTERLY UTTERLY USELESS RAF JOCKS THREATEN TO THROW INNOCENT HARDWORKNG FARMER OUT OF A HELICOPTER".... AND HIS CRIME....?

He had the audacity to complain about extremely low flying helicopters frightening his animals and thereby threatening the production from his land and the loss of revenue and loss of produce to the public.

Yep, that should do the trick...That will get the public on our side and in favour of Low Flying

Whilst youre at it, tell them we'll eat his children, torch his farm then flush his missus down the bog!

If joe public want to believe this crap, they don't deserve to be defended.

diginagain
24th Oct 2006, 00:09
I'm still trying to figure out how we got from 'wargaming' in post #1, to the assertion by vec that the RAF were responsible.

Still, if it takes the heat off someone else.........

Yes, here are the smilies, just for you.:} :}