PDA

View Full Version : PPL and National Qualification Framework (NQF)

GipsyMagpie
20th Oct 2006, 14:22
I am working towards my PPL(A) and I need to prove the course is Level 3 or above in the NQF to get sponsorship (ELC). Does anyone know if it is and if so where is it written down?

Tried my Personal Learning Advisor - useless
Tried the CAA - what's Level 3 they say...
Tried to find someone who had already done it....anyone?

mustflywillfly
20th Oct 2006, 14:40
Hi

Have you tried www.enhancedlearningcredits.co.uk (http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.co.uk) ? You should find suppliers of flying training on there, get in touch with the relevant flying school and they should be able to prove themsleves that the PPL is at L3 on the NQF. I know from my experience (Navy) that they will sign off an ELC for the PPL but only if you are aircrew OR can prove that you intend to work towards becoming a flying instructor and therefore intend to teach fellow servicemen. To prove that, we in the RN need to have a Personal Development Plan. It should be a Tri-Service policy but I believe that the RAF are a little more relaxed when it comes to signing off ELC claims.

Good Luck!

MFWF

mustflywillfly
20th Oct 2006, 14:42
And another thing....

Just read your post again. It looks like you have already started training? If so I would suggest stopping asap and starting elsewhere. Why??? Because you must claim the ELC BEFORE you start a course.

MFWF

Stuff
20th Oct 2006, 14:51
I am working towards my PPL(A) and I need to prove the course is Level 3 or above in the NQF to get sponsorship (ELC). Does anyone know if it is and if so where is it written down?

100% Genuine. As to where it's written I can find out if you really need to know but ask your PLA, they will know instantly.

GipsyMagpie
20th Oct 2006, 15:24
I have absolutely no doubt that the PPL is level 3 or above but it is "proving" it to the satisfaction of ELCAS. And, no, I haven't started yet...I just need this proof to get the ball rolling (this has taken all day so far!!!).

Stuff
21st Oct 2006, 06:59
Why faff about proving it yourself? Go and ask the PLA. They will have done this hundreds of times and probably can give you the answer in seconds.

GipsyMagpie
22nd Oct 2006, 06:24
Oh you'd think a PLA would know what they're doing but noooooo. Waste of space. :ugh:

BEagle
22nd Oct 2006, 07:27
What is the problem with your dim-witted edyukashanal blunties?

ELCAS approval for 'learning providers' is only granted if the service they provide equates to Level 3. Earlier this year, ELCAS themslves agreed with RAF FCA that PPL training met this criterion. Hence any PPL training provider approved under the ELC scheme provides Level 3 equivalent training.

Tell your Blunt Ones to get a grip and contact ELCAS if they won't believe you.

I do not endorse any goods or services described in any advertising which may have been included in this post without my agreement.

GipsyMagpie
22nd Oct 2006, 14:55
I will, when I get back from messing about on a boat for a week.:yuk: