View Full Version : UAE work visa question

aaaxe
20th Oct 2006, 04:08
hi guys

if currently working in AUH and want to move to DXB,do i need to leave UAE and wait for six month befor being able to get a visa for DXB?

what are the rules ?

any information on this is highly appreciated.

ironbutt57
20th Oct 2006, 05:15
officially no, but your auh sponsor can cause headaches if he chooses to..

skytrax
21st Oct 2006, 13:57
yes, the visa is the same for all the emirates (UAE) but some sponsors can cause you trouble.

ironbutt57
21st Oct 2006, 16:35
Actually while the visa page appears the same there is in arabic an annotation as to which emirate issued it

fractional
21st Oct 2006, 17:09
Good practice is to leave in good terms, secure a No Objection Letter from your present employer and at the same time contact the new HR office in order to clarify whether there is any objection at all. In a well informed HR they must know:confused: about given the contacts they have in these places.
6 months ban used to be the ban (and probably still is), but I also got other the opposite. I remember reading sometime ago an article in the Gulf News. During the weekend they have a kind of an adviser that addresses labour issues.
I know of guys going to other Emirates without having any 6 month ban. Good luck!

fractional
21st Oct 2006, 17:20
Good practice is to leave in good terms, secure a No Objection Letter from your present employer and at the same time contact the new HR office in order to clarify whether there is any objection at all. In a well informed HR they must know:confused: about given the contacts they have in these places.
6 months ban used to be the ban (and probably still is), but I also got other the opposite. I remember reading sometime ago an article in the Gulf News. During the weekend they have a kind of an adviser that addresses labour issues.
I know of guys going to other Emirates without having any 6 month ban. Good luck!
The guy was referring to in the Gulf News during the weekend editions is Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahr Advocates and Legal Consultants. Write to the Editor [email protected]. Try this if you do not have other means to do it. Again, good luck.

fractional
21st Oct 2006, 17:42
aaaxe, according to one my colleagues, you need to be at least 1 year resident of AUH emirate (or any other). This is first hand info. I hope I did not disappoint you. However just go to a legal dept or to the new employer's HR/Legal dept. Take care!

aaaxe
24th Oct 2006, 02:06
fractional

thank you very much for the information.i heard from few people that the ban is lifted.

im going to email to the address you posted.hope can get more information.

thanks alot

good luck