PDA

View Full Version : Business Class to Dubai?

FingersR
19th Oct 2006, 21:52
Hi All,

Have decided to splash out on my wife's 30th birthday next Feburary. I am taking her to Dubai and will be doing it in style! Am after some advice or feedback before i make the booking.

Anybody got any experience of of the following "business classes" and which is best form a total "experience" point of view - lounges, service on board, seats etc?

BA Club Class (flew it years ago myself but not since it been upgraded)
Virgin Upper Class
Emirates Business Class

Any views on who is best for this route based on aircraft and punges?

Thanks in advance

Ben

(PS dont tell the bank manager!)

hpcock
20th Oct 2006, 04:08
Ben

I always use BA Club World, however, with me also being an Skywards (EK) Goldcard holder, I have been enticed by a couple of e-mails sent to me recently by EK highlighting their new business class. They have finally introduced flat beds in J class - but are trialing this on the LGW-DXB run at the moment. Might be worth a shot. Also got great Bus & First lounges in DXB

IMO, stay well away from Virgin and its Upper Class service. I've never had anything more than a merely average trip with them.

Haven't travelled with them as yet, but keep getting told that Qatar has an outstanding business class product - lie flats, great service &good food. The only thing is that you'll have to break your journey in Doha.

BA - My main source of travel to anywhere in the world. I use their Club World product for 75% of my travels & find it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Finally, have a look around on the EK website & the Skywards pages (EK's Freq Flr prog), they often have offers such as "Buy Business get an upgrade to First." Definately worth a look in my opinion.

Hope it all works out & you guys have a great time.

HPC

Final 3 Greens
20th Oct 2006, 05:33
If you really wish to splash out, I'd take a look at Emirates 1st class, which doesn't usually cost so much more than J.

The service levels are stupendous in my experience.

FingersR
20th Oct 2006, 07:29
Thanks both for the replies - very useful! :)

manintheback
20th Oct 2006, 08:00
Emirates business class is usually much chepaer than the other two and with reason as its not as good. Excellent value for money but its Emirates 1st thats the competitor to the other 2 (And it offers in my experience far better service altho no bed last time I went). Virgin and BA - much of a muchness in my view altho I do prefer the Virgin lounge and the bar area on the plane.