PDA

View Full Version : EZY Advanced Handling Course

GMIMA
19th Oct 2006, 21:47
Hi

Can any one tell me a little more about what to expect?? ie raw data or automatics etc??

unablereqnavperf
20th Oct 2006, 08:17
Basic techniques for flying swept wing jet aircraft, and getting used to speeds and profiles. Nothing to sweat about.

ROSCO328
20th Oct 2006, 09:33
Very enjoyable course and good intro to jet handling. All sessions done in raw data on 737-300 or 737-700 but autopilot is allowed when your doing your arrival brief (optional). Nothing to worry about. Have fun!:ok:

FatFlyer
21st Oct 2006, 16:23
What is the failure rate for the handling course? I heard that if you do very well in the sim, then you do not do the course, if you do reasonably then you need to do this course.
Also, when do EZY start paying you the 90% is it when you start or when you finish the type rating?

Cyberstreak
22nd Oct 2006, 09:17
Hi FF,

You will be send a Study Guide to prepare. In this guide you will find SOP's and Checklists. Study these. Refresh your basic IFR skills; holding interceptions, radial interception and tracking, and ILS approaches. Vital for a good start is to know from memory: Power settings and Pitch attitudes for the different speeds and configurations (provided in the guide).
It is not correct that if you do reasonable in the grading, you don't do the AHC. A bigger part of "initials"(i.e. non-jet) is put through the AHC, to achieve the true goal of the program: give you as a non-jet operator the chance to get used to the speed of information processing you will have to "learn" to fly these machines in a compact Type Course, and not another "check". You are assumed to have the right balance of airmanship and motivation, having come this far and invested a sizable amount of time and money in your career.

Not much people fail this course. Only if you come unprepared and unmotivated, you will have a tough 4 days. Good luck and enjoy.

Regards,
CS

rada76
22nd Oct 2006, 11:25
GMIMA check you PM's :ok:

FastRider72
22nd Oct 2006, 21:02
Hi,
on December I'll have my AHC :eek:
is there any possibility to get some study material in advance??
Thanks
FastRider72