PDA

View Full Version : Citation II Performance

40KTSOFFOG
19th Oct 2006, 18:47
Could someone help me out here! What is the stalling speed of C550 at approx max AAW, clean and level at FL 300.

I am also trying to source a supplier (New or Second-hand) Operator/AFM/Perfprmance manuals for Citation II. Can anyone help?
Apologies if this has been asked before!

formulaben
22nd Oct 2006, 18:59
Could someone help me out here! What is the stalling speed of C550 at approx max AAW, clean and level at FL 300.

I am also trying to source a supplier (New or Second-hand) Operator/AFM/Perfprmance manuals for Citation II. Can anyone help?
Apologies if this has been asked before!

How accurate of a number do you need? Since nobody has responded I'll give it a shot. Depending on which model (gross takeoff weight of either 14,100 or 13,300) I deduce that it will be approximately between 95-100 KIAS after a max gross takeoff and the fuel has burned down from the climb. The way I got that is from extrapolating (ahem, guessing) the 15 and Full flap ref speeds to clean, and then dividing by 1.3 to get the stall speed. Those numbers should be close (I think) so take it for what it's worth. Having said that, undoubtedly someone will find their manual and prove me to be way off...

Just curious, why do you need the stall speed at FL300? My experience is that the best source for used manuals is your local pilot network.

CJ Driver
25th Oct 2006, 20:23
I think you will find that the supplier of new AFM's for Citations is a company called Cessna. You'll find them in Wichita, Kansas. :hmm:
But seriously, you will find the technical publications department very helpful, and at risk of stating the very obvious, you can just 'phone them up and buy stuff. It's a couple of years since I last bought a flight manual, but considering you are getting a pretty huge publication, the price is not bad at all...