View Full Version : easyJet

Pages : [1] 2

mistyarthur
8th Mar 2006, 02:43
I have recently been invited to an EasyJet assesment day :)
I was wondering if anyone has been to one recently or not recently and if they have what exactly they are like, how many people go etc. and what should I wear!!! I was thinking a nice smart suit? or should I go without the jacket?

SkySista
8th Mar 2006, 05:10
Slightly OT, but for any Aussie wannabes, EasyJet are recruiting Aussies eligble to work in the UK on holiday, and will be interviewing in Sydney & Melbourne. See their site for details!!! :D

poppy_uk
8th Mar 2006, 17:46
I have recently been invited to an EasyJet assesment day :)
I was wondering if anyone has been to one recently or not recently and if they have what exactly they are like, how many people go etc. and what should I wear!!! I was thinking a nice smart suit? or should I go without the jacket?

hiya!

Just went to one a few weeks ago. The clothes were a hard one for me to decide on as well - but in the end went with smart casual, because EJ actually pride themselves on being different from other airlines... not so formal. They have actually banned ties in the workplace for all employees except pilots! If you read their website pretty thoroughly before you go, you will find out stuff like this. Is always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the company you are trying to get hired at - so make sure you do that!

I wore black dress trousers, a casual cream top and a dark green suede jacket. I got a job offer, so clearly my choice of clothes didn't do me any harm. Nearly everyone else was also dressed casual - and in fact the two people who did wear suits, didn't make it through the day for some reason or another, so there you go... likely unrelated, but could also be because they weren't in tune with what the company wants for itself.

As for numbers - there were 15 at the start of my day.

Hope that helps!

K

mistyarthur
8th Mar 2006, 19:58
That was thank you.
I was worried about the group exercises if it was going to be a big group and I had to talk random about myself infront of them all but I can handle a small group. Cheers

star84
8th Mar 2006, 23:48
hey mistyarthur

I work for an airline that is based on easyjets model, and I wore a suit to my interview. Just wear something that you feel comfortable in, but dont be too casual. There were a few people at my interview in jeans, and they did not get through.

Im assuming you are male, (if not sorry!) but for girls, for a low cost airline, You could wear your hair in a (neat) ponytail if you wanted to, and you could wear trousers. For a more formal airline (eg: Gulf Air, Qantas) I would definately wear full uniform shebang.

Try to relax and enjoy the interview, I know its hard, but if you are nervous, it makes it hard to be natural. Also, Im sure you know this, but if you get through to the next rounds, (I sure hope you do!!) keep up your standard of dress the whole way through. At my interview (i found out this later after I got the job) there was a current cabin crew member blending in with candidates in the lobby making mental notes on peoples grooming, and his recommendations were used as part of the recruitement process.

Remember, everthing you do throughout the interview process is being watched!!

poppy_uk
9th Mar 2006, 10:36
That was thank you.
I was worried about the group exercises if it was going to be a big group and I had to talk random about myself infront of them all but I can handle a small group. Cheers

The group exercises are not scary - don't worry! Fun actually!

But do keep in mind that everything you do & say and how you do it and say it is being watched - if you come across as nervous and shy in the assessment environment, they are going to be concerned about how you are in front of a plane full of strangers. So just keep repeating to yourself "I am calm, I am happy, I am confident!!!"... BELIEVE it, and you WILL be and you'll come across that way. It is totally OK to BE nervous... it is how you cope with it that makes the difference...

K

ezpz
11th Mar 2006, 19:51
Yeah, easyJet has a casual atmopshere, so dont wear a tie. However dont go too casual and turn up in jeans and trainers. They are looking to see that you have good grooming standards, because like all other airlines we have uniform regulations that you have to comply with when flying.

Hope that helps.

Oli EZ
17th Mar 2006, 13:49
As a guy though, if you are wearing a suit, do you not think it is appropriate to wear a tie... after all it is a proper interview? I just can't imagine not going to an interview without a tie on! :confused:

I have mine tomorrow, anyone else going??! :)

Oli

DDF
17th Mar 2006, 14:29
As a male applicant I would wear a suit but with a casual smart shirt that if needed would work with a tie, as said easyJet are a very relaxed company and if you manage to visit their HQ you will see most staff in Jeans and t shirts some in shirt and trousers but not a tie insight. The new big boss Andy Harrison is currently wearing full cabin crew uniform at work to see if its any good and made the point the best way to see how it looks/feels is to wear it himself for a few months (proving to be possibly a good boss fingers crossed). If on the day most have ties on, wear it! if not put it away in your bag/pocket. The main thing is be smart and tidy clean shoes, brushed hair, clean fingernails and a good shave... good luck it’s a fun company

Loopy Loo
17th Mar 2006, 14:49
Hi MistyArthur

I have also been invited to the easyjet assesment day on 22 March at Luton. Which one are you going to? So excited but a bit nervous too, thank u all for your helpful info!!

Oli EZ
17th Mar 2006, 16:06
Cheers DDF,

I'll do that. Open smart shirt and suit... tie in reserve! I did see the section on the website, subtitled 'Company Culture', where it says that ties are indeed banned within the company. But seeing as i'm not yet in the company, and i am there for an interview, i don't want to appear too presumptuous... if that makes sense?!

Kind Regards

Oli

teachin
17th Mar 2006, 18:13
They should drop that pathetic maths test, adhering to the results makes them turn away good ex flyers too. Daft.

mistyarthur
18th Mar 2006, 16:40
loopy loo I had my assessment today, didn't get very far :{ not to worry though come September I'll get in :D
Just wondering how you got on today after I left ollie?

girtbar
18th Mar 2006, 16:59
Althought they ban the tie, i wore a full suit shirt and tie and i got in. They wont dismiss you on the interview day for wearing a suit. Being too casual will work against you. If the stiff and unintersting person is in casual clothes and the bright, bubbly, lively person next to you is in a full suit then who's going to get in????

They want to see you, they're not the fashion police.....

Oli EZ
18th Mar 2006, 18:32
Yo Misty??!

So which fella were you then?? Mr S??! It went pretty well my man, quite a few elements to the test... i think 7 of us made it through to the final interview, which was a 1 on 1... not 2 on 1 as you are led to believe. It included very few questions (6 main ones in total i think) and a role play that you are given 5mins alone to prepare! Not too taxing but fingers crossed i shall find out for the better in 3 to 5 working days.

The maths did seem a bit frivilouse... but who cares, it wasn't impossible, just a bit redundant perhaps.

Good luck to anyone who has it coming up, and yeah... don't bother with a tie!! :}

mistyarthur
18th Mar 2006, 22:14
Yeah I was Mr S, well done anyway, good luck and let us know whether you get it or not.

Oli EZ
19th Mar 2006, 12:32
Cheers buddy, good luck with whichever way you decide to go...

Now you've got a bit of experience, how about trying BMED or GB Airways?? Similar style of assessment. If you want anymore info on an interview, or anything at all then PM me... I'm not exactly swimming in experience by any stretch of the imagination but i've done my homework and i don't have any problems with sharing it. :ok:

Oli

Oli EZ
20th Mar 2006, 17:16
Yo misty, I got the call up this morning - Start date 29th!! How soon is that!!! Can't wait to look like a tango advert mate!! :}

mistyarthur
20th Mar 2006, 17:50
Well done and good luck with the job, hopefully I'll see you later in the year if I manage to get in next time!
Had a luck at the others and can't apply for them yet cause I'm to young but I'll keep looking.

poppy_uk
21st Mar 2006, 09:23
Just finished my first week training at EJ in Luton... those of you coming in for assessment this week, or starting training in the next few weeks, I will probably see you in the canteen!!

I return to the hotel today to prepare for my 8am Airbus exam tomorrow!

Whoever it was on this thread that said the final interview on assessment day was only 1 on 1 instead of 2 on 1 - that was unusual for you. It is supposed to be 2 on 1 and usually is, but they have a massive recruitment drive on at the moment and are pushing people through as fast as they can - so it was probably just staff shortage that resulted in you being 1 on 1.

K

Loopy Loo
21st Mar 2006, 10:13
Hiya!
Does anyone know if you can park at The Academy at Easy Jet, Luton?
I have an assessment tomorrow morning and it would be daft for me to go into London and out again as i live in Herts. It said in my letter that there were only 50 spaces available. Also is anyone else going tomorrow?? If so i'll probably see you there!
Thanks guys,
Lou x
:ok:

Ranjha83
21st Mar 2006, 12:43
hey, i am thinking about applyin in Australia, easyjet is coming!

anyone knows how the process goes and what kind of questions they ask in then panel interview?
thanks
:rolleyes:

Oli EZ
21st Mar 2006, 15:57
Yeah theres plenty of spaces available. Just park up walk over to reception, and the nice gent behind the desk will give you a visitors slip to put on your dash... no problems! Bon chance!!

Loopy Loo
22nd Mar 2006, 12:59
Hi everyone,
Had my asessment today with easyjet, but i didn't get through!:( It was quite tough, and i failed on a PA Announcement. Good luck to anyone who has theirs coming up. Just be relaxed, prepared and confident and you will get through
Lou
x

pez1206
22nd Mar 2006, 19:40
It has probably been posted before, but can anyone explaine or give a link to; (specifically) the assesment day for Easy Jet cabin crew requirtmnet?

Cheers

Pez

Loopy Loo
23rd Mar 2006, 14:30
Hi Everyone!

Hopefully this will help those of you going for an Assessment!

Right, will try and remember all i can.

There were about 25 of us in total, its best to get there early as although the day didn't start til 9, we were registering at about 25 to (Where they took our passport and NI Number and gave us a name badge) If you get there early, its a good chance to get to know everyone and relax the nerves!

We all went upstairs to a classroom style room with a large U shaped table, and there were about 6 assessors, who took it in turn to talk a bit about easyjet. We were then asked to stand up in turn and say what our first poster on our wall was. Quite a few said Take that surprisingly. More of an ice breaker than anything!

We were then showed a video about life as cabin crew and were able to ask questions at the end.

The assessment was split into 3 stages. Stage One was a group assessment, where we were split into groups of 4 or 5 and given 2 tasks. Our first task was to build a structure out of drinking straws and blu tac that would hold a mobile phone for 20 seconds. More points for width and height. They dont really care whether the structure really works or not they want to see your team skills. There was an assessor sat with each group writing down how we worked. (remember don't be too confident and always give everyone a chance to get their ideas accross, Be positive too and say something like "yeah i think thats a great idea, how about... " if you dont agree with someone. There were some people who were quite loud and didnt get past stage one.

For the second task we were all given a brief that said we were on a sinking cruise liner and had to make a list of things we wanted to take to a nearby island to survive. we had a list of 30 items and could choose from that. We were also given individual slips which we couldn't show the group. Mine said "You are a diabetic and you must have peanuts in order to survive" I had to try and get peanuts on too. But again. they're not looking at how well you do with the task, they're watching how you react and how you work in a group. That was it for stage one.

We had a 15 min break where they marked us, and when we came back some names were called (abput 7 or 8) and they were asked to leave the room.

Stage 2 was an ability test. There were 2 written papers (A maths and English one)There is a basic maths section first, they give you a calculator (Currrency conversions and basic adding up) On that paper also was a lot of questions about easyjet.

So make sure you check out the information pack on the easyjet website!!

Also make sure you know things like.. when was easyJet floated on the stock market, when did they merge with GO, how many seats and crew members on a 319 and on a 737... which bases do they fly to/from... all multiple choice. Then there is customer service general questions. After that there are really easy customer service scenarios (multiple choice) directly linked to easyJet operations (ie refunds, reasons why refund etc...) and they give you a couple of laminated info sheet which give you all the info for the answers. Don't read into all the info too much and completely over-complicate each scenario.

We were then each in turn, given a card with a PA announcement on. We had to stand up and read it to the goup, Just real it slowly, continuously and definately. Then they give you a brief scenario on a card and you have to make up an ad-lib PA just take a min to read it, come up with a few simple lines and say it out clearly, precisely and slowly.

This is where i fell. I froze up, which looking back i could kick myself.

My card said something like "You havent ordered enough sandwiches for everybody, make announcement to inform the passengers" Everyone elses were pretty easy like "Its Mr Smiths Birthday, make an announcement from the easyjet team" or "A bag has been found on the ground, make an announcement" So all i can say is Be perpared, Don't worry, think clearly and relax.

There was another elimination after a 5 minute break when mine and another girls name was read out.

I didn't make it to the interview, but here is what it is like from someone who got through (Hope its ok to put this Oli)

"So the interview... easiest one i've ever had thank goodness! Its only about 40 minutes with about 8 proper questions total, all testing what they mention at the beginning of the day.. like your customer empathy, awareness etc etc... Its all about your experiences, usually in the work place that you are asked to explain... always talk from the customers point of view!!! It shows you are on the level... you are thinking of the customers feelings... Then there is the role play... they give you 5mins to prepare after the brief;... mine was a child (under 14)with his mum who is sitting in the row where the emergency exit is.. how are you gonna move her.. you have 2mins etc... just think about it... its not too taxing... make lots of good suggestions, ie there are plenty of extra seats, if you like you can both have window seats (info in the brief), if she asks for a free coffee... yeah fine, do it... START with appolgy for inconvenience and FINISH with appology (there is definite technique they are looking for in all of this)... remind her that you easyJet values their custom and (EMPATHY) you completely understand her problem (SAY YOU WILL MOVE THE HANDBAGGAGE FOR HER!) etc etc etc...

Then its time to ask a couple of questions... make sure you do... ie When can i start training?? Does the Airline support foreign language study?? What are your company's goals and ambitions for the future...? etc etc etc..."

Good luck! Enjoy it its a really fun day and you get to meet a lot of really nice people. But remember everything you do is being watched. Smile and be lovely and you will be fine.
Oh a lot of people on my day wore suits and quite a few went casual. I'd say wear whatever you feel comfortable in and go for it! You will be great.

Best of luck to everyone who needs it, Just remember..... Be yourself!!!

:ok: :ok: :ok:

Lou

crewboy
29th Mar 2006, 12:58
Hey Loopyloo,
I have an assesment day with easyjet Thursday the 13th April, and I want to thank you for all the info you gave in your thread. It was so good of you to take the time to inform all us easyjet wannabe's ,Just want to clarify one thing with you, will we have calculators for the Maths Test and are the currency convesions from euros to sterling. Its been about 10 years since I did maths and have forgotten the rules for conversion:confused: , if you could give any advice on this part of the test I would very much be in your debt.
Many Thanks,
Crewboy:)

xana
29th Mar 2006, 14:04
maybe you can help me !

I will go to an enterview in luton in april to easyjet

can you tell me what kind of questions and maths exercices they will make us to do?

I would appreciate some good advices!
thank you!:p

Yo Misty??!

So which fella were you then?? Mr S??! It went pretty well my man, quite a few elements to the test... i think 7 of us made it through to the final interview, which was a 1 on 1... not 2 on 1 as you are led to believe. It included very few questions (6 main ones in total i think) and a role play that you are given 5mins alone to prepare! Not too taxing but fingers crossed i shall find out for the better in 3 to 5 working days.

The maths did seem a bit frivilouse... but who cares, it wasn't impossible, just a bit redundant perhaps.

Good luck to anyone who has it coming up, and yeah... don't bother with a tie!! :}

xana
29th Mar 2006, 14:36
:p thak you ... what kind of exercices?" math:ooh: s"

please I m not a british girl and my mother tongue its not English !!!:(
do you think you can help me !
thanks !!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

Hi Everyone!

There were about 25 of us in total, its best to get there early as although the day didn't start til 9, we were registering at about 25 to (Where they took our passport and NI Number and gave us a name badge) If you get there early, its a good chance to get to know everyone and relax the nerves!

We all went upstairs to a classroom style room with a large U shaped table, and there were about 6 assessors, who took it in turn to talk a bit about easyjet. We were then asked to stand up in turn and say what our first poster on our wall was. Quite a few said Take that surprisingly. More of an ice breaker than anything!

We were then showed a video about life as cabin crew and were able to ask questions at the end.

The assessment was split into 3 stages. Stage One was a group assessment, where we were split into groups of 4 or 5 and given 2 tasks. Our first task was to build a structure out of drinking straws and blu tac that would hold a mobile phone for 20 seconds. More points for width and height. They dont really care whether the structure really works or not they want to see your team skills. There was an assessor sat with each group writing down how we worked. (remember don't be too confident and always give everyone a chance to get their ideas accross, Be positive too and say something like "yeah i think thats a great idea, how about... " if you dont agree with someone. There were some people who were quite loud and didnt get past stage one.

For the second task we were all given a brief that said we were on a sinking cruise liner and had to make a list of things we wanted to take to a nearby island to survive. we had a list of 30 items and could choose from that. We were also given individual slips which we couldn't show the group. Mine said "You are a diabetic and you must have peanuts in order to survive" I had to try and get peanuts on too. But again. they're not looking at how well you do with the task, they're watching how you react and how you work in a group. That was it for stage one.

We had a 15 min break where they marked us, and when we came back some names were called (abput 7 or 8) and they were asked to leave the room.

Stage 2 was an ability test. There were 2 written papers (A maths and English one)There is a basic maths section first, they give you a calculator (Currrency conversions and basic adding up) On that paper also was a lot of questions about easyjet.

Also make sure you know things like.. when was easyJet floated on the stock market, when did they merge with GO, how many seats and crew members on a 319 and on a 737... which bases do they fly to/from... all multiple choice. Then there is customer service general questions. After that there are really easy customer service scenarios (multiple choice) directly linked to easyJet operations (ie refunds, reasons why refund etc...) and they give you a couple of laminated info sheet which give you all the info for the answers. Don't read into all the info too much and completely over-complicate each scenario.

We were then each in turn, given a card with a PA announcement on. We had to stand up and read it to the goup, Just real it slowly, continuously and definately. Then they give you a brief scenario on a card and you have to make up an ad-lib PA just take a min to read it, come up with a few simple lines and say it out clearly, precisely and slowly.

My card said something like "You havent ordered enough sandwiches for everybody, make announcement to inform the passengers" Everyone elses were pretty easy like "Its Mr Smiths Birthday, make an announcement from the easyjet team" or "A bag has been found on the ground, make an announcement" So all i can say is Be perpared, Don't worry, think clearly and relax.

There was another elimination after a 5 minute break when mine and another girls name was read out.

I didn't make it to the interview, but here is what it is like from someone who got through (Hope its ok to put this Oli)

"So the interview... easiest one i've ever had thank goodness! Its only about 40 minutes with about 8 proper questions total, all testing what they mention at the beginning of the day.. like your customer empathy, awareness etc etc... Its all about your experiences, usually in the work place that you are asked to explain... always talk from the customers point of view!!! It shows you are on the level... you are thinking of the customers feelings... Then there is the role play... they give you 5mins to prepare after the brief;... mine was a child (under 14)with his mum who is sitting in the row where the emergency exit is.. how are you gonna move her.. you have 2mins etc... just think about it... its not too taxing... make lots of good suggestions, ie there are plenty of extra seats, if you like you can both have window seats (info in the brief), if she asks for a free coffee... yeah fine, do it... START with appolgy for inconvenience and FINISH with appology (there is definite technique they are looking for in all of this)... remind her that you easyJet values their custom and (EMPATHY) you completely understand her problem (SAY YOU WILL MOVE THE HANDBAGGAGE FOR HER!) etc etc etc...

Then its time to ask a couple of questions... make sure you do... ie When can i start training?? Does the Airline support foreign language study?? What are your company's goals and ambitions for the future...? etc etc etc..."

Good luck! Enjoy it its a really fun day and you get to meet a lot of really nice people. But remember everything you do is being watched. Smile and be lovely and you will be fine.
Oh a lot of people on my day wore suits and quite a few went casual. I'd say wear whatever you feel comfortable in and go for it! You will be great.

Lou

teachin
29th Mar 2006, 19:38
Their emphasis on the maths test is illogical.

I fell at that hurdle, was given a resit, passed, got the job, a change in personal circumstances meant I could not join at the time they offered, re-applied the year after, failed the maths as usual, told to go forth and multiply.

So on one ocasion I was good enough to start employment with them and then not. They have no idea how to recruit the right people, just look on board, as a passenger I feel unsafe, God knows what 3 people with less than 2 years experience between them would do in a catastrophe. I think easyJet so far have been lucky, but one day it will happen and God help the crew and passengers.

x GB Chick x
30th Mar 2006, 12:31
Hi, i'm Loopy Loo, have changed my name as just been offered a job with GB Airways! YAY!!!

Anyway for those who asked about the maths test, You do get a calculator, and they're fairly simple questions like adding up, conversions (They give you s conversion chart) giving change in different currencies etc. Think its a pretty high pass rate so make sure you brush up before you go. and learn a bit about the company as they test you on that too.
Good Luck to you all!!!

Lou
x:ok:

x GB Chick x
30th Mar 2006, 12:34
Their emphasis on the maths test is illogical.
I fell at that hurdle, was given a resit, passed, got the job, a change in personal circumstances meant I could not join at the time they offered, re-applied the year after, failed the maths as usual, told to go forth and multiply.
So on one ocasion I was good enough to start employment with them and then not. They have no idea how to recruit the right people, just look on board, as a passenger I feel unsafe, God knows what 3 people with less than 2 years experience between them would do in a catastrophe. I think easyJet so far have been lucky, but one day it will happen and God help the crew and passengers.

I know, Teachin, its crazy. Isnt it somethin like a 92% pass rate? Its daft!
Lou:ok:

xana
30th Mar 2006, 17:07
thank's for your advices ... tell me something GB Airways is a good company and they don't make lots of questions like easyjet... two month ago i wet to an assessmente day with BA and i have met a girl... her name is Maria ,she is a spanish girl´! and she allso tolld me to send my cv to GB because it's a good company I allso foud that BA offered a job to Maria but she didn't accept she stay's with GB ...
so 'i think you are in the right place ...
thank you once more... and good luck!:ok:

Hi, i'm Loopy Loo, have changed my name as just been offered a job with GB Airways! YAY!!!

Anyway for those who asked about the maths test, You do get a calculator, and they're fairly simple questions like adding up, conversions (They give you s conversion chart) giving change in different currencies etc. Think its a pretty high pass rate so make sure you brush up before you go. and learn a bit about the company as they test you on that too.
Good Luck to you all!!!

Lou
x:ok:

x GB Chick x
30th Mar 2006, 17:41
Thanks Xana,
Really looking forward to it. God Luck in your inerview!:)
Lou

xana
31st Mar 2006, 10:11
GB CHICK!!:)
all the best for you!
ken you give an example of the maths text of easyjet....
and wath kind of questions they ask abouth the company ?
i'm sorry to bother you again ....
tank you once again !!!!
and all he best for you:ok:

Thanks Xana,
Really looking forward to it. God Luck in your inerview!:)
Lou

x GB Chick x
31st Mar 2006, 10:56
GB CHICK!!:)
all the best for you!
ken you give an example of the maths text of easyjet....
and wath kind of questions they ask abouth the company ?
i'm sorry to bother you again ....
tank you once again !!!!
and all he best for you:ok:

Hi Xana

The easy jet questions are listed in my Huuuuuge pos at the top. With regards to maths Q's theyre questions like

A passenger orders 3 vodka and tonics, 2 packets of peanuts and a bottle of beer. She gives you £20 but wants her change in Euros. How much do you give her.

And other questions like this

Lou x:)

Oli EZ
4th Apr 2006, 16:25
Hey Lou!!

Well done on GB! Im so surprised you didn't get in with easyJet especially as you got in with GB! I think the PA test is pretty ridiculous as interview tests go... people with experience were able to slaughter someone who had none. After all, its something thats easily learnt with a little practice, so i dont see the need to hire and fire over it. But hey, congrats anway!! You got the job and thats what matters :)

Just done the first 5 days of training and im pretty shattered, i think they get recruits through as quick as is humanly possible... saving money all the way no doubt. The trainers are all pretty cool, a good laugh, so it makes the 8am til 5:30pm day with 2 to 3 hours of reading afterwards a little less dry and tiring. I'm off to the hotel now (yikes!!! Two to a room, a very, very small room, beds pushed together!!) for my second exam tomorrow morning... can't wait :\ haha!! Good luck with your training, and good luck to all of you who are still applying!!

Oli

Getoutofmygalley
4th Apr 2006, 16:41
Oli EZ, just for your information, the PA exercise is a test of character. It is to see how you perform in front of a group. You would not believe how many crew find it difficult to string together an adlibbed PA when standing in front of 156 passengers.
And your remark saying 'get recruits thorugh as quick as humanely possible... saving money all the way no doubt....' is way out of line. easyJet now have a state of the art training facility and the training received is second to none. 4 weeks training is more than what some airlines give their crew, especially as some airlines will be training crews on several different aircraft types. You only have to worry about the Airbus 319.
With regards to the hotel, well yes that is a bit sh1te to say the least - but you are working for a low cost airline and can not expect to have luxury accommodation during training. Assuming you pass your 4 weeks training, check flights and probationary period and make it to your annual recurrent training, you will be staying in a much nicer hotel, so you have that to look forward to.
Also, might I recommend that you don't go slagging off the company just yet because 1) it will be easy to work out who you are, assuming your name is Oli and you have your second exam tomorrow!!!! and 2) you are not yet out online working for easyJet. You should leave it a couple of months before you go forming an opinion on the company, because it is not as bad as some people make out.
Now good luck to you with the rest of your exams :)

newbagr
4th Apr 2006, 16:51
what are you saying "get out of mygalley?"You dont really give credit to your airline right now...are you implying that he might lose his job cos he dared saying something that he believed?And you work out his name and he s got his second exam tomorrow?Unbelieveable and out of order!

ezpz
4th Apr 2006, 17:10
Oli, although I can see your point of view, it isn't always wise to make a name for yourself too early in your new career. I'm not suggesting that you can get in trouble for sharing your opinions, but people can take your comments out of context or take a different meaning from them. A lot of people from easyJet read this forum, including your trainers.
Your experience of new entrant training would probably be the same at most other airlines. The aviation market is cut-throat at the minute, and all airlines will want their new recruits out flying in the least possible time and with the minimum of cost.
Good luck with the rest of your easyJet career, and hope your pass all your exams.

flyblue
4th Apr 2006, 22:10
This thread has been officially upgraded to Easyjet Thread and the link put in the FAQ sticky on top of the Forum page :ok:

Getoutofmygalley
5th Apr 2006, 16:33
what are you saying "get out of mygalley?"You dont really give credit to your airline right now...are you implying that he might lose his job cos he dared saying something that he believed?And you work out his name and he s got his second exam tomorrow?Unbelieveable and out of order!

Erm excuse me newbagr, but did you read Oli Ez's post? I did not reveal anything that Oli himself had not revealed. I was pointing out that Oli should be careful because he has made himself easily identifiable from his post.

And I do not believe I have implied anything in my original post that would suggest that Oli would lose his job. As ezpz said in his post after yours, that a lot of people from easyJet read this forum, including your trainers.

And I do believe that I wished Oli luck with the rest of his exams, so I don't understand what you are getting so uptight about :hmm:

newbagr
5th Apr 2006, 20:36
well the way you phrased your thoughts sounded like the guy could be in trouble if the "teachers" see his post..I mean i know that airline environment can be pretty bitchy and we should be careful still i believe we should encourage people to have their opinion and not being afraid to say so....thats what makes a company great.

Oli EZ
6th Apr 2006, 12:26
Hello there,

Well firstly just let me appologise if i said anything that could be taken out of context, i certainly didn't mean it to come accross with a derrogatory or bad attitude. My views on the PA test were purely my own and exploritory by nature... so thank you for clarifying their use for me and the others that were unsure.

Im actually enjoying my time here very much, as i said before; my trainers are all very genuine, approachable people and i am thankful for that as it is very individual and different from the military background and training i have had (any immensely enjoyed). I chose to work here because of the friendly and approachable nature of the company, and because i am good friends with a couple of easyJet pilots and a member of CC near where i live and i would definitely recommend the company to anyone who is still applying for CC. As from my limited knowledege so far i feel very happy here and am putting 100% into studying and attaining the highest level of success possible to me.

Again if my previous post was taken with any offence or distain, then i sincerely appologise as this was not my intent, nor ever has been.

So good luck to anyone who is still applying!

Oli :ok:

JadeDanielle
10th Apr 2006, 21:23
Hello everyone i got the phone call today to say i got the job and will be based at Gatwick!!! I am really really happy. The interview was great, Really relaxed. Everyone was great and you meet some lovely people. If any one wants any further help or info id be happy to give it.
If there is any1 else starting please pm me

See you at the acadamy

:D lots of luv Jadexxxxx

xana
12th Apr 2006, 14:16
hey! crewboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you get through???????
was it easy? i'm scared because of the tasks they make you do... like standing up in front of the group and simulating an announcement to the passengers.. in english!!:eek: i'm afraid i'll...screw up... as you can see my english isn't too good, well, it's better on this post because i'm getting the help of a friend of mine, but you can see from my other posts...........:rolleyes:
i'm scared, really scared of spending so much money (once again) on my travel and all that and then not getting the job... what can i do??
HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!:sad: :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :hmm:

Sax
13th Apr 2006, 10:05
Just a quick question for those of you who have already filled the online form...

I hit the "SUBMIT" button yesterday, got the extra window saying it had been submitted, but did not get any email confirming that it had been submitted. Just want to make sure that this is normal??

Thanks for the help!

Stone Cold II
13th Apr 2006, 21:55
Hi people, Mrs Stone Cold had her assessment yesterday and got through the whole day. How long does it take them to inform her if she is going to be offered a position or not?

Cheers

Wannabe_Ez
14th Apr 2006, 09:14
Hi!

Got my e-mail this morning to confirm been accepted for an assesment day on the 25th April at Gatwick.

This is my second interview with Easyjet, 2 yrs ago passed whole day and messed up at my 121 interview on the role play.

This time round bit more confident as know what to expect, however from reading the messages sound like they have changed it a bit!!

Is anyone else booked on for this date? Any tips would be grately appreciated!

Thanks

Turroncin
14th Apr 2006, 11:53
hey! crewboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you get through???????
was it easy? i'm scared because of the tasks they make you do... like standing up in front of the group and simulating an announcement to the passengers.. in english!!:eek: i'm afraid i'll...screw up... as you can see my english isn't too good, well, it's better on this post because i'm getting the help of a friend of mine, but you can see from my other posts...........:rolleyes:
i'm scared, really scared of spending so much money (once again) on my travel and all that and then not getting the job... what can i do??
HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!:sad: :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :hmm:

Think carefully about going if you're unsure with your English. Your english looks fine to me but considering you will be using English with pax for let's say rather a long time in this job, you need to have a bit more confidence in yourself. Alternatively don't bother :)

ZANNA
14th Apr 2006, 12:30
I have just been reading the previous posts from some people who are complaining about the maths test in the assessment, well have any of you ever travelled with easyjet??, we SELL items from the bar and gift shop which makes up a large part of our wages through commission and we have to ADD UP (shock, horror) the prices ourselves.If you cant add up then you are going to cause discrepancies between your bar and the cash you are banking and you wont be very popular with the other crew :eek: (who lose comission), the company (who lose money) and most importantly YOU will be losing money.
Someone said that easyjet are losing out on experienced crew because of failing the maths test :suspect: , but your experience is obviously with a very different type of airline, so please don't put down those staff (who you want to be your colleagues) who may not have worked for other airlines before, but because they can do their sums have got the job - you never know who will be the one to save you in an emergency experienced or not!

Flymegirl
14th Apr 2006, 18:39
Just wondering if anyone can help!! Can you tell me where the A319 are currently operating from.

Many thanks

Flymegirl

SallyEZY
15th Apr 2006, 15:45
EZY is operationg the A319 from DTM, GVA, LGW, EME, STN, BRS, SXF, ORY, BSL and MXP......

Stone Cold II
18th Apr 2006, 21:12
Did anyone go to the assessment held in Bristol last week on Wednesday 12th April and have you heard from the company yet as to whether they are going to offer you a position?

Mrs Stone Cold is still waiting to hear and is getting anbit anxious. :uhoh:

Paula
19th Apr 2006, 19:41
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know how long it takes until you get an answer when applying for easyjet. I will submit my application tomorrow. Does it take weeks or do they answer pretty fast.

x GB Chick x
19th Apr 2006, 19:48
I applied online on a wednesday and they emailed me on the thursday to ask me to attend an interview the following week.
Stone cold II - I didn't get the job after my interview but it took about 6-7 days for them to let me know by email.
Hope this helps
Lou xx:ok:

Paula
19th Apr 2006, 19:58
Thank you. Its always good to know if they are slow or fast. I have to read a bit more about the company. My experience is that if they want you for a interview they want you to bee there yesterday and they want you to start last week.:uhoh: One more time thak you.:)

I hope I will at least get the chance to come and show them who I am.

emmalb
19th Apr 2006, 20:23
Hi Loo I just wanted to say that your information is very helpful i am going for my assessment day monday and i am terribly nervous can you pleease give me some more information on it and how to answer the questions (eg how many crew on a 737?) thank you emma Hi Everyone!

Lou

EZYJET2006
20th Apr 2006, 17:07
:) Hey in relation to the PA announcements, i think my mind would go blank to if it said 'tell the passengers we do not have enough sandwiches'....anyone got any ideas?

Also does anyone know of any other possible scenarios?

Good Luck everyone:)

jettesen
21st Apr 2006, 14:05
Just appologise to them that theie first choice is not available, as we only carry a limited amount. But you can offer them an alternative ( muffin, snack pack etc) They are normally ok then

P.s It does state in the magazine - 'subject to availability'

Getoutofmygalley
21st Apr 2006, 15:19
But that doesn't stop them throwing a paddy when you apologise and say we haven't got them. Honestly at times going by their reactions you would think we have just said the engines have fallen off :ugh:

jettesen
21st Apr 2006, 15:23
No, but it does explain to them that they are not for everybody!

JadeDanielle
21st Apr 2006, 15:30
The pa announcements are easy and nothing to worry about. Mine was
There is a stag do travelling, announce it. Other people's were things like tell the passengers to disembark from the front of the aircraft. Easy peasy. xx

x GB Chick x
21st Apr 2006, 15:33
Hi Loo I just wanted to say that your information is very helpful i am going for my assessment day monday and i am terribly nervous can you pleease give me some more information on it and how to answer the questions (eg how many crew on a 737?) thank you emma

Hi Emma,

All the info you need is on Easyjets website, where it lists their fleet. They have 2 aircraft - the Airbus A319 (156 pax) and the Boeing 737 (149 pax) But like i say everything you need to know is on their website under "about us" at the bottom
All the best
Lou x:ok:

xana
21st Apr 2006, 16:26
jettesen, please tell me the rumours you were saying about easyjet opening up a new base in lisbon are true!

jettesen
21st Apr 2006, 22:49
yes they are true. looking at late this year, or early next year. Negotiating slots at the moment, but are very restricted in lisbon at the moment. But it is looking rosey for the future!

mopsy
23rd Apr 2006, 05:21
Hi Everyone,

I'm been accepted for an assessment with Easyjet in Sydney on the 5th of May.

I was just wondering if there's anyone out there who reads this thread that will be going also. I'm actually starting to feel a bit nervous the interview!

Also, I read on Easyjet's website that if you get accepted for the position, you have to get at least 90% in the training exams. Does anybody know if these exams are difficult, and whether or not the exams are open or closed book exams?

Any info would be helpful!

-Mopsy

Getoutofmygalley
23rd Apr 2006, 10:00
Hi Mopsy

The exams are only difficuly if you don't pay attention to your instructors during training and don't revise!

The exams are multiple choice but they do sometimes have 2 similar answers, of which only 1 is correct so you have to pay attention and READ the question properly.

The exams are all closed book exams, if they were open book it wouldn't be worth doing the 4 week training course as anyone could find the answers in less than 1 days training!

mopsy
25th Apr 2006, 00:30
Hi Guys,

I've decided that I'm going to wear a pair of jeans, a black blazer and nice open collar shirt to my interview with black leather shoes for the Easyjet interview. I've read comments on this thread where people have gone either causual or formal and still got in...so I'm thinking that I'll go half-half haha ....

What do you think about this? Do you think I'll be ok? To be honest, I'm not really a full on a suit guy and I don't feel that I'd be my most confident wearing a suit.

LucyLou
25th Apr 2006, 01:51
I too have an interview on the 5th. Not sure what to expect really but its all worth a go!! Just a suggestion tho, they are not the fashion police but its important you look smart and professional! :)

mopsy
25th Apr 2006, 02:04
Hey Lucy,

Have you been advised where the assessment is taking place yet?

LucyLou
25th Apr 2006, 02:40
Mopsy - Check you PM . . . :)

I Just Want To Fly
26th Apr 2006, 15:57
I had been thinking about EZY for ages, and thought that one day I would go to the UK and apply. I just got back from two months overseas, so I missed the newspaper ads. I just happened to be on their website, checking entry requirements and I saw the link for Australian Applicants. I filled out the application yesterday arvo, and got the invitation a few hours ago, after applying for several other airlines, and waiting and waiting and waiting, I was so excited!!!!!!

I'm going on the 5th too, see yo guys at 0830 at the CC.

What am I going to wear?????

I am also really stressed about this whole 5 year history I don't know all the exact dates, and I have worked overseas heapd, and I don't know who to put down as referees.

ezpz
27th Apr 2006, 18:12
Unless you know the exact dates for the last five years, and can supply references for every period, it is not even worth applying. You have to have a full and complete five year history with references, and a criminal record check to get an airside pass. Sadly, this is a requirement that cannot be relaxed or bent in any way.

Florida
27th Apr 2006, 18:38
What for a reference can I give them when I haven't done anything for 4 month (or traveled)?

I would appreciate any help.

thx

Katie0904
27th Apr 2006, 19:12
Has anyone got their assesment day on the 5th May at Luton?:)

744FO
27th Apr 2006, 19:39
Don't know about the 5th but the 4th.. check your PMs :ok:

744FO x

T girl
29th Apr 2006, 23:12
Hi All, it has been great reading your posts about the assessment day for easyJet! I have a Melbourne assessment on the May 10. Was just wondering if some of you Sydney goers might know about getting the tax department to send a letter showing all the dates and companies we've worked for? I called them the other day and they said they could only tell me over the phone - and this didn't include finish dates! Any ideas??

LucyLou
29th Apr 2006, 23:49
T girl - I had a lovely lady on the phone for the tax office help me out....Firstly the list they ask u for is basically your copies of group certificates. This will take up to 28 days to be sent out, so send off for it now and hope it gets here in time otherwise explain it couldnt be sent in time. If you have been good and kept all your tax info, you too should have copies of your group certificates, these will have your exact working dates with your employer and therefore solves any mysteries. Do get official copies from the tax office tho!

The letter the tax office asked me to send them was as follows -

My Name, Address, Tax File Number, DOB and signature.
Then the reason why i needed a 5yr payment summary (Group Certs) with Statuatory Declaration.
Please write when u need it by and that it is URGENT.

The fax number for the tax office is 02 93742688

Hope that helped!! Good Luck to all going - please let me know how u go!! :)

I Just Want To Fly
30th Apr 2006, 04:08
I managed to figure all mine out finally...! I knew where I had worked, but couldn't remember the dates, so I called/emailed each company and they have told me the exact dates.

I got it all, and just in time!

T girl
30th Apr 2006, 06:29
Cool, thanks guys! Good luck on Wednesday! Let me know how it goes :)

flapsarefun
30th Apr 2006, 20:41
Dont join low fares. Youll regret it. Ryan is a slave trade, Sqeezy orange uniforms. Virgin is bitchy. Give it 5 years you'll all be bitter. Go for Thomas Cook but its well strict.... or just go back to uni:{

mopsy
1st May 2006, 04:57
Hi Guys,

Does anybody have any specific examples of the questions being asked in the maths tests?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help ;-)

T girl
4th May 2006, 11:07
Good luck for tomorrow Sydney interview goers! Anyone going to the Melbourne one next week???

I Just Want To Fly
5th May 2006, 06:41
Hi Guys,

Just got back from the Assesment Day in Sydney, here's the run down as much as I can remember...

Check In: They look at your passport, check visa details, take your photo.

Round 1: First we had to stand up infront of the group ad say our names, and either the first music we bought, or the first poster on our wall. Videos and presentations about the company.

Then we had to do the PA announcements. You just read the card.

EG: "Ladies and Gentleman, in preparation for take off, please ensure that your seatbelt is fastened, tray table locked in place, baggage securely stowed. Thank you."

Then you had to make up your own PA.

Some examples:

A passenger with boarding pass number 56 has boarded the aircraft, but failed to hand it in. make an anouncement.

You have run out of sandwiches.

You have very limited change.

This task is very simple, but it seems to fase a lot of people. While you're in the shower, why not practice cabin announcement instead of singing!

THE TEST
Maths test -

EG:
A pax buys 2 vodka, 2 tonics and Pringles. He pays you with a $50. how much change will you give him.

Convert 3 pounds into Euros.

These are very basic maths problems, which you will need to know how to work out, as you will be required to do this in your job.

Round 2: First the group is culled. Then you start the group activities. 1st task was "Straws". Make a structure from Straws and Blu-Tac that will hold a mobile phone. As a group chose 10 items which you will take before your ship sinks.

Very simple tasks, that look at your ability to interact with others and work as a team. Remember, it's not what you do, but how you go about it...

Round 3: The dreaded cull!!!
Then they discussed what would happen in the final interview. Then we had lunch

Final interview - 2/1 They will ask you to give examples of how you have dealt with customers. They are testing the key compitencies of a cabin crew.
Then just some housekeeping.

I have to say this day was really fun! Wish me luck. They told me it would take 1 - 2 weeks t find out.

Good Luck to the Melbournians!!!!

T girl
5th May 2006, 07:38
Nice work! Thanks for the heads up on the assessment day! Just a question, approximately how many people were there?? and how many do you think got to the interview stage?
Also, is there a sheet with the currency conversions there, or do I need to remember the conversions before i get there??
Good luck - i hope it all works out. let us know as soon as you find out!
t girl xx

I Just Want To Fly
5th May 2006, 13:49
I got through by just simply being myself.

There were 25 people in the group, and 15 got through to final, which was great to see. They have heaps of jobs available, so seem to be willing to take as many as they can get, if you meet their criteria.

All the info you could need is provided in the tests. I had heard that you needed study up on company info, like fleet info, and key dates in history, but that wasn't on todays test.

Practice PA's if you are not a confident public speaker. Read magazines outload, and try to think up random PA's.

I am feeling very confident about this, so am praying to god that I can finally live the dream, and become what I know I was born to do.

Good Luck!

Paula
6th May 2006, 12:27
Anyone who been called to attend any assesment days in Berlin?

I Just Want To Fly
8th May 2006, 12:59
When is/was the Melbourne Assesment Day?

744FO
8th May 2006, 19:14
I think there was more than one but I'm sure there was one on the 5th May.

As for me I was offered the job this morning so thumbs up :) :ok:

Looking forward to that summer season :rolleyes:

T girl
9th May 2006, 09:04
Hi I Just Want to Fly!
My interview is tomorrow (wednesday), so i'm starting to get nervous. I've been practicing my PA's like you said, so hopefully that goes ok. In real life i'm a teacher, so i'm kind of hoping i'll do ok at that part! Have you found out yet??
Congratulations 744FO!! Hopefully we'll be joining you!! :)
I'll let you know tomorrow.
Thanks for all your help with the interview preparation :)
t girl xx

Dolley
9th May 2006, 15:09
I'd like to agree with 'I just want to fly'...being yourself is the best strategy!
I've been flying with easyjet for six month now and I can remember my assessment day very well....and being nervous is certainly part of it! But remember that they allow a little bit for it as well. And after the first few group exercices you'll forget and relax anyway. And don't forget, if you don't make it through it might be as well not the right company/job for you anyway. And if you're determind you'll try again!
Anyway, from my experience it's a long and tiresome day but lot's of fun as well -just try to enjoy it.
And if you are at all flexible with your location put Bristol on the list -they are hiring for Bristol like crazy, so it might help a bit!
Good luck to all of you!

Paula
9th May 2006, 22:10
Im invited to attend on a assesmentday in Berlin 1 june.:) Im happy that I got invited. Anyone else whos invited at the same day?

T girl
10th May 2006, 21:25
Well, I did the assessment yesterday - came home with a massive headache, but it was a good day! It was exactly like you said I Just Want To Fly, so that helped me relax a bit. I got through to the final interview, but I came home wondering why on earth I said some of the things i did. They asked me if i did the assessment again, if i'd change anything, and for some reason i felt the need to say yeah, i'd do this and that etc etc when really, i was happy with what i'd done. I was myself doing everything i normally would, so anyway, i'm not feeling particularly positive :( but i'll just keep trying if i don't get it. Anyone else find out yet? they said about a week until we find out. Oh well. It was a good experience anyway. Oh yeah, and congratulations Paula!! You'll have a good day :)

I Just Want To Fly
10th May 2006, 22:05
Hi T Girl,

I'm glad you had fun, that's the most important thing. Easyjet's recruitment process is very good, they don't studd you around, unlike many other airlines.

Now we play the waiting game. I am going insane!!!!!!!

Everytime, I check my email, I say a little prayer that they're won't be one from Easyjet starting with

"Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, on this occaison..........."

I WILL GET IN! I WILL GET IN!

744FO
10th May 2006, 22:32
DONT WORRY!!! you have done your bit, you have performed now its up to them to reply (usually after 3 days) just remember theres nothing you can do now until you find out. Think positive!:ok:

I Just Want To Fly
14th May 2006, 11:57
Anyone from SYD or MEL heard anything yet?

744FO
14th May 2006, 14:49
I have a feeling the recruitment team who were over in Aus have only just got back to the UK so you will probs find out within the next working week.

744FO

T girl
15th May 2006, 05:15
No news yet either. It makes sense that we have to wait til they get back to the UK, but i'm over the waiting thing now!!!

T girl
15th May 2006, 10:57
Yay, I just got a call from one of the girls in the UK and i've got the job! I'm still thinking - the moving things freaking me out right now, but i'm pretty sure i'll take it. Anyone else heard yet???

I Just Want To Fly
15th May 2006, 14:16
Hi T Girl!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest congratulations!!!!!!!

I didn't realise my phone was switched off, but Claire left me a message.

I just called and she has left for the day! Can yo believe it. Now I have to wait for another whole day!!!!!!!!!

I am at the doorstep of my dream........... Will anyone be home?

And by the way... So many people dream of this opportunity. London is an amazing city! Take the leap! You won't regret it, and after 12 moths, if your not happy, you can come home!

Mike16
15th May 2006, 17:11
Hi Guys

Wel ljust wanted to say " congratulations "

I worked for Easyjet from East midlands airport for 2 years and loved every minute. They are a very good company to work for, yes you will work hard but they are a fantastic bunch of crew, passengers were brill ( well most !!!! )
But once again wel ldone and Enjoy, the uk is a lovely place, explore all of it, out of london it gets a lot cheaper, like any major city in the world.
Take care guys

Mike x

AUSPOMME
15th May 2006, 22:55
WELL DONE T GIRL,

GOT A CALL TO SAY I HAVE THE JOB ASWELL,IAM ON CLOUD 9.

JUST HAVE TO SORT SOME STUFF OUT OVER HEAR AND THEN IAM OFF,ONLY WORRY I HAVE IS ACCOMODATION,OR PRICE OF IT AROUND GATWICK AREA,BUT I GUESS THERE WILL BE OTHER PEOPLE IN THAT SITUATION ASWELL.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE GROSS WAGE IS FOR EASYJET CABINCREW,AS THEY ONLY GAVE US NET INDICATIONS?

:)

T girl
16th May 2006, 00:15
Congratulations Auspomme!!! and I Just Want to Fly - i'm sure you'll get the job as well!!!! I'm not sure where i'll be based yet - i couldn't think clearly enough to ask relevant questions like that last night and i also have the accommodation issue as well. I've checked out http://uk.easyroommate.com and that lets you search for share accommodation there, so that might be helpful. I also only have ideas of what we'll be earning from the interview day, so I don't think i'm much help there, but i'm going to go off that info anyway cos that didn't have commissions or anything in it. oh well - i'm so excited. If we're all based in the same place, maybe we could look for accommodation together?? Just an idea - anyway, good luck I Just Want To Fly - i'm really hoping that that door opens right up for you.
And thanks Mike - your comments have put me at ease a bit. It's good to know that others have had good experiences working with easyJet. :)

Mike16
16th May 2006, 05:58
Hi guys

Well house prices and that in the uk are very high, for example, i brought my house in 2001 for £58,000 , it is nice worth £196,000, so it is good for me, but bad for people just starting out.
When i was at Easyjet, they have an internal website for crew, and one of the chapters on there is a for sale room, and people advertise room shares, house shares etc......
Typically to rent a room in a shared house say, expect to pay about £280 to £330.oo per month. The nore you pay, the better the accomadation i suppose or the landlord is ripping you off. So be careful.
When renting you normally pay a month up front as a deposit, then another month down as your first months rent and around 100.00 or so in Admin fees,
Or if you are all going to the same base, why not house share together, Gatwick as it is very close to london and also a high demand area is going to be a bit dearer, but once you are out of london, the prices do drop a bit.

Pay wise, when i was full time, if i was on an average month, i was taking home after tax etc.... around £12oo. oo amonth, good months where you work your Bollocks of £1600.00 , so the pay is good, compared to other airlines.
Well good luck guys.
Another rental site to try is www.rightmove.co.uk and press the rental tab and go from there, at least this will give you an idea to prices.

Goood luck x

I Just Want To Fly
16th May 2006, 09:50
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy Jet Here I come!!!
Thank you so much to all Pruners for your support, advice and occaisional Telling Off (all waranted)

To all other Aussies who got through, please PM me.

Dolley
16th May 2006, 16:47
Congrats to all of you who got in! :-)

It's a good company to work for and I'm enjoying it loads. I'm sure you will too! If you have any further questions just post them!

About the money, in the first couple of month it can be a bit tight because you are not flying (or not getting paid for it yet as payment is a bit delayed). After that you can expect to take between £1100 and £1300 during your first six month. Afterwards it goes up to £1600. But that would be a month were you literally woked yourself stupid. This is all after tax, including basic and sector pay and comission (comission is more than you might expect, but depends a lot on your base eg I heard in SFX it's considered a good month if you get £80 worth comission, in BRS you can take home £300).

Enjoy your training!

AUSPOMME
16th May 2006, 19:57
THANKS PEOPLE FOR YOUR INFO ON EASYJET,REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING OVER TO U.K,(IAM A POMME BUGGER MYSELF)AND STARTING MY TRAINING.

IS THE COMMISION PAY DOWN TO WHAT YOU SELL ON THE PLANE?IS OVERTIME A REGULAR THING,I.E FLYING ON YOUR DAY'S OFF?

:)

744FO
16th May 2006, 20:50
You are limited to flying 900 hours a year so you wont want to be doing overtime! How long is your aussie contract for, congratualtions by the way. When do you start your training?

I Just Want To Fly
16th May 2006, 23:09
Commissions are based on Kiosk sales, including drinks, snacks and duty free. It is then split amongst the operating crew of that flight.

We don't know when we start, but probably early-mid July.

There are two contracts for Aussie crew depending on the visa.

Working Holiday Visa - 12 month Contract.
Ancestry Visa - Permanent Contract.

Both contracts are subject to the normal bonding and probation periods.

LucyLou
17th May 2006, 11:59
Firstly Guys and Girls - CONGRATULATIONS! You guys should be so excited and proud, you did well! :D

Secondly - I was booked for an interview in Syd with the easyJet team, however i couldnt attend due to personal reasons. Luckily they have said they will keep me on file untill they again recruit aussies! yay!

So im wondering - would someone mind filling me in on the package that you recieve including contract, bases, pay, company conditions etc. PM is fine. I know u may not know all the info right now, but little bits is better than none! Thanks in advance.

Please keep us up to date with how your going once your over, from the flying to the friends! Youll all have a ball!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks Again...
LucyLou :ok:

AUSPOMME
17th May 2006, 20:54
Thanks 744F0,

I have been offered a permanent contract as Iam a British citizen,I hope to start my training by August at latest,have no details yet,just told them on the phone that August was a realistic time for me to be over.

Auspomme:)

Paula
18th May 2006, 19:41
:D Congratulations to all of you that got in.

Are Easyjet going to fly from Australia or are you going to work in the UK?
Still no one out there whos going on the assesment day in Berlin the 1 june? Maybe its just me :ooh: Once again Congratulations to you!!

Getoutofmygalley
18th May 2006, 19:56
Are Easyjet going to fly from Australia or are you going to work in the UK?

Paula, easyJet will NOT be flying from Australia. easyJet is a European airline, flying within the EU area only (apart from our new routes to Turkey & Morocco).

swashbuckler
20th May 2006, 15:00
currently working for EasyJet..If you have no problem with collecting people's rubbishes or babies' nappies, emptying toilet bins, hoovering scattered Pringles & Maltesers & basically working 6 days on end ( with four take-offs and landings a day), four 30 minutes turnarounds ( which means four cabin cleanings, no time to go take a leak, really i'm not exaggerating), then you'll probably enjoy it, specially if you like resembling a clown wearing orange tramp clothing that are as flammable as oil... Working for EasyJet has nothing to do w/ the noble & glamour image of a flight attendant...and the money seems good but it's only a decoy...I mean, you work really hard to have it..Be prepared to be basically worn out whenever you get back home.
I envision leaving the company as soon as I get a new opportunity w/ a major carrier. just can't take it anymore...

PS: the only advantage of EasyJet is in fact your cabin crew colleagues...most of them are friendly and laid back...that's the only plus of the company

I Just Want To Fly
21st May 2006, 02:35
Easyjet is a low cost carrier. One of the ways airlines like Easyjet, Ryan Air, Virgin Blue & Jetstar keep their costs low, is by having quick turnarounds, this also requires crew to do the not so glamorous sides to the job.

If a person thinks that Easyjet will be anything like "Paris, First Class, International" then they are extremely naive.

:ugh:

The people at Easyjet are their asset, but obviously some bad apples will get through.

AUSPOMME
21st May 2006, 06:22
As some of you have read,I was offered a job with Easyjet the otherday,I am thrilled to be offered the chance to start a career in the Airline idustry and look forward to working for Easyjet.
The ONE problem I have at the moment is unlike allot of the Aussies who are young and a ready to leave within the next month,I have a house and mortgage,and will only be able to get over to the U.K once my house sells,I initially told recruitment that August would be the time,but realistically I think maybe Oct/Nov,as 3 months is leaving things pretty tight to sell house,wait for settlement then give work notice(4wks).
My dilemma is should I hold off telling Easyjet I may not be able to make August on the off chance that I can sell soon or should I get in touch with them now and ask if they could give me a Nov start for my training,what do you guys think,I will be gutted if I cannot take the job on,especially as I am a British citizen and would be able to work for them indefinitly, as they are recruiting all the time I thought they may be able to give me a later start?I can't just get up and leave my house,thought about renting but that brings it's own problems aswell.

Any suggestions?

Dolley
21st May 2006, 20:20
I would actually call them and tell them about your situation, auspomme.
It happens that people can't make their original training course and they will just be re-scheduled to be on the next.
I know a girl who fell sick during training so she had to take a break and then join into the next one.
And especially with something going on like relocating from Oz, I'm sure they'll be understanding. They are usually good with things like that.

About the glamour of the job...well, I agree, we have to work hard and get our hands dirty but I don't think it's anything as bad as it's been painted but one of my collegues up there. I guess it's all about what you expect and your attitude. I like the job and I'm really enjoying it. Ok, not the toilet bin bit but every job has things going on that you won't like about it (and honestly, even on a four sector day I will spend about 30 seconds doing the toilet bins so what?!). And yes, if you don't look after yourself you will be shattered at the end of your six days and tired either way. Personally I'm doing quite fine with the hours and the work load. I guess, it's just like every other job, either you like it or you don't. It's defenitly not 9 til 5 and it needs some getting used to but in my book it's worth it. So everybody who's interested should just go out there and see for themselves if it's for them or not. And if not, stop moaning and get another job ;-)

I Just Want To Fly
22nd May 2006, 13:49
Any current crew have a sample roster. I'm really interested to know what to expect. Probably best to PM me, so I can provide an email adress.

Thanks

Getoutofmygalley
23rd May 2006, 11:46
Any current crew have a sample roster. I'm really interested to know what to expect. Probably best to PM me, so I can provide an email adress.
Thanks

It's not possible to provide sample rosters as our rosters are viewed on screen and can't be emailed.

But, to give you an idea, if you are coming to LGW (Gatwick) you can expect to be working mainly 4 sector days working around about 120-130 hours per month. This might not sound like a lot of hours, but when you take into account pre-flight and post flight duties and 20-35 minute turnarounds, this does mean around 21 days of flying with the vast majority of your day spent at work.

It is always hard for new recruits as they really do get hammered with their rosters as they have the fresh new 900 hours to play with - if you have been there a couple of years like myself, you can only be rostered the amount of hours that you had in that month the previous year.

Remember - the above is speaking from an LGW perspective, smaller bases such as EMA or GLA & EDI will be different!!!

And following on from Swashbucklers comments above, I really do wonder what (s)he expected when they joined easyJet. When I was on my initial training course, the trainers made a point of constantly saying "You will be working hard, you will not be having regular nightstops, you will be having to clean the aircraft" etc, so they do let you know constantly that the job is NOT GLAMOROUS and that if you want glamour & nightstops, you should apply to another airline.

LucyLou
23rd May 2006, 11:54
Getoutofmygalley - Are you able to tell me aprox. how many people are based out of the East Midlands base? Is it possible to transfere up there or is there quite a wait list, seniority etc. Thanks!! ;)

Getoutofmygalley
23rd May 2006, 13:12
It is possible to transfer bases, but you can only transfer bases once you have completed your probationary period and if 1) there is a vacancy at the base you want to go to and 2) if the base you are wanting to leave can afford to lose you.

So, it's really a case of how long is a piece of string for how long it will take to get to the base of your choice. London bases are always desperate for staff, therefore it is harder to get out of them than in.

I am not sure of how many people are based in EMA though, perhaps an EMA member can answer that?

AUSPOMME
23rd May 2006, 19:17
Hi Get out of my Galley,

Interesting to read about the hours,when would a typical day start and end for you at Easyjet,ie the roster,not travelling time.

Thanks
Auspomme:)

Getoutofmygalley
23rd May 2006, 20:37
The earliest report from LGW is 04:55 local for an Alicante flight, the latest report will most probably be around 20:00 for an Ibiza (going by past experience).

On day 1 of the working week you should not be reporting before 06:00 local and on day 6 (last day on) you should be landed and on chocks by 23:31 local. Any other day of the week you can start before 06:00 local or finish by about 03:20 local (when the Ibiza usually gets back).

My typical average day would usually start at say 05:15 (when on an early duty) for the pre-flight briefing, taking off an hour later and getting off the aircraft anything from 4 1/2 to 8 hours later. A typical late duty would report somewhere between 10:40 and 16:10 - the earlier the report would usually mean a 4 sector day, the later the report a 2 sector day. 4 sector late duties can last up to 11 hours (from report time) and 2 sector late duties up to 8 hours (from report time).

They work you bloody hard, but the money is good! :)

mattparks100
24th May 2006, 03:48
Cool... easyjet sounds hard but fun, demanding but rewarding. I have been invited to the next assessment day, but have had to decline the offer as I presently live in Australia - well, till August anyways - but as soon as I return I shall give the EZY assessment my best - I'll look forward to sharing a drinks cart before too long is out - fingers crossed!! :)

I Just Want To Fly
24th May 2006, 09:08
That's great GOOMG! Thanks heaps.

:ok: Better buy a good alarm clock I guess.

Berlin
24th May 2006, 09:58
Still no one out there whos going on the assesment day in Berlin the 1 june? Maybe its just me :ooh: Once again Congratulations to you!![/quote]

Hi Paula!
I just tried to send you an email, but I am not allowed to do that..
I am going as well to the assesment in Berlin, so if you want, we could meet each other before... I think everything would be easier for both!
See you maybe this week??
And congratulations to everybody! I hope I'll join you in some weeks!! (I wish...) :O:}:O:}:O

Getoutofmygalley
24th May 2006, 11:39
That's great GOOMG! Thanks heaps.
:ok: Better buy a good alarm clock I guess.

Indeed! - and that goes for everyone, as oversleeping is not a valid excuse for being late. If one crew member oversleeps, it puts that aircrafts schedule out for the WHOLE day, leading to disruption for up to 18 crew members and a possible 1560 passengers - that makes you think! :eek:

Plus, if minimum rest has been rostered for crew members, the disruption could lead into the next day too - all due to one person oversleeping

I Just Want To Fly
24th May 2006, 13:00
I've only ever overslept a couple of times in my life, but on the ground it has no real effect.

I could not live with myself, if 1560 pas were delayed due to oversleeping!!!

How bad would you feel!!!

I think I had better buy 3 alarm clocks... Maybe I can get a bulk buying discount...

Getoutofmygalley
25th May 2006, 00:30
I just use a couple of mobile phones, much easier than an alarm clock. Must admit though, when I am on an 03:00 home standby, I am often tempted to switch the mobile off and unplug the landline..... :E

Paula
25th May 2006, 10:00
Hello Get out of my galley.:)

I have a few questions? How long have you been working for Easyjet? Have you been working for other airlines before? If you have, how is Easyjet compared to the others? How long does it take before you can be uppgraded to senior?
Thanx

Paula

Getoutofmygalley
25th May 2006, 10:54
Hi Paula, just off out as on days off, but very quickly the answers are as follows:

1) couple of years
2) no
3) can't say (see 2 above)
4) 1 year if no previous flying experience

Paula
25th May 2006, 11:00
Thanx for your answers.

Ive been working as cabincrew for six years now so it would be fun to know how Easy is compared to other airlines. They are a bit different from the others. But different doesent have to meen bad. I hope to get in.

Thank you again and have a nice day off.

hannahx
25th May 2006, 13:46
hiya getoutofmygalley!, I am attending the EasyJet assessment day on Wednesday at LTN, have you any advice that could help me please, as i am really nervous as dont know what to expect!
Thanks Hannahx:)

I Just Want To Fly
25th May 2006, 13:52
Hi Hannah,

Please have a good look at the 7 pages of this thread. There is heaps of useful info which certainly helped me get the job. A few of us, including myself have written a detailed discription of what is involved at the recruitment day.

Good luck! Hope to see you in the skies soon!

AUSPOMME
25th May 2006, 19:34
Does anyone know how often the training sessions start for Cabin Crew on,once a month,week?

T girl
25th May 2006, 22:42
Auspomme, i think that the training starts every week - but don't quote me on that.

ezpz
26th May 2006, 07:57
Training courses start every week for at least the next couple of months. We have a new aircraft arriving every week, so we need to fill them with cabin crew!

Compared to other airlines, easyJet is quite different. On the plus side;
Everyone is really friendly, and the crew get on really well.
Everyone is young, or young at heart, and up for it!
The are lots of oppurtunities for promotion to Senior after 12 months.
The money is good. (Probably the 2nd or 3rd highest paid airline in the UK)
You get a lot of leave, and you can take it pretty much when you want.
You get a lot of commission from what you sell (10%)
On staff travel, you can have 3 friends, as well as any dependant children.

On the down side;
Most duty days are really long (Max is about 11h30m/ Average is about 9 to 10 hours)
There are no cleaners, the crew clean everything including empyting toilet bins etc.
Staff travel is only on the EZY network.
You are always really tired.

On balance, I still really like my job, but there is plenty wrong with it too.
Hope that helps.

UWGGair
26th May 2006, 09:18
Hello & Congratulations to all the succcessfull candidates !!

I'm looking for a MSN groups' page dedicated to EasyJet where you could train for the maths test & get some info about CC tasks.
Does anyone of you possibly know what I'm talking about ? I cannot find it anymore ... :uhoh: thanks anyway
UWGG :)

Getoutofmygalley
26th May 2006, 11:55
Hi UWGGair

That page you refer to is only for people who have been successful in obtaining a job with easyJet. They did relocate it a few months ago to a different MSN group - but as I have my proper cabin crew manual, I don't need to refer to it anymore and nolonger have the link.

hannahx
26th May 2006, 13:10
Thanks "i just want to fly", i have had a good loook through the 7 pages and they have really helped me!!Dont know to settle the nerves though haha!
Hannahx

I Just Want To Fly
26th May 2006, 14:21
It is quite nerve wracking! But actually EasyJet was the most straight forward, simple, eficient and friendly Cabin Crew interview I have ever been to. And believe you me, I have been to pleanty!

Just smile and be yourself! The recruiters are all so nice!

I found the easiest way to relax was to talk to the other applicants. Try to help and encourage each other. EasyJet is so desperate for staff that they do not have a set number of crew they are looking for at each interview. If your good, and what they're looking for then your in!

Good luck!

I Just Want To Fly
28th May 2006, 15:07
Any current EasyJet crew able to give me an idea of how much the uniforms cost. Did you have to buy specific luggage, or can I just use my own. I have two trolleys, one small black and grey, the other medium navy blue.

Also, what do you wear in training? Casual cothes or uniform?

Thanks heaps...

Getoutofmygalley
28th May 2006, 15:41
The uniform when I trained cost £280 which was paid over 9 equal installments. This amount might have changed since the company stopped using trolley bags for cabin crew - hopefully it is cheaper now. After 6 months (i.e. end of probation) you start to be paid a uniform allowance of £17.33 per month, so after you have been working there for 2 years, the company has effectively paid you enough money to cover your initial uniform payments.

You don't buy any luggage as you won't be nightstopping (unless one of the boys prangs the aircraft on landing :E). Everything you need is provided by the company (with the exception of calculator & ice tongs!!!).

In training, for the first week you wear your own clothes, but after the first week you will be in uniform - just make sure that when you are staying in the Hotel Ibis ( :yuk: ) you change out of your uniform before you buy a drink at the bar!!!!

I Just Want To Fly
28th May 2006, 22:53
Thanks GOOMG

Do you take a small trolley with you with emergency clothes, just incase the plane does go tech, and you have to do a night stop?

SallyEZY
29th May 2006, 10:42
The official Easy Trolley is only allowed when you travel on duty e.g for recurrent or another base. For the normal day you have a crewbag which I do not prefer...I'm carrying too much stuff with me ( bloody senior stuff..*lol*) you only need a small night stop kit...underwear and cosmetics and that fits into the new bag.

When I did the training I was lucky because I received my uniform on the last day...so I spent the whole training in my own clothes. Very comfortable becuase we had a very hot 4 weeks in LTN ( over 30°C ). And our uniform isn't that nice when it's hot..*gg*

OzzieO
29th May 2006, 11:13
This may sound like a silly question.....but.......do you have to pay for your uniforms at easyjet?

I Just Want To Fly
29th May 2006, 11:50
But I so much want to walk through the airports with my trolley! :cool:

A few of us are from Australia, so Bring on the Heat!!! I know more than anything, that is the one thing I will miss most.

Getoutofmygalley
29th May 2006, 13:17
This may sound like a silly question.....but.......do you have to pay for your uniforms at easyjet?

Yes - but read my post numbered #145 above!!!

Dolley
29th May 2006, 15:55
The uniform when I trained cost £280 which was paid over 9 equal installments. This amount might have changed since the company stopped using trolley bags for cabin crew - hopefully it is cheaper now. After 6 months (i.e. end of probation) you start to be paid a uniform allowance of £17.33 per month, so after you have been working there for 2 years, the company has effectively paid you enough money to cover your initial uniform payments.

I don't know when you had your training or if things changed but I got paid my uniform allowance from paycheck number 1 on.
I agree that it should be less now with that new silly crew bag instead of the trolleys.

To answer I just want to fly's question up there: You should wear smart-casual for your training as long as you haven't got the uniform. Jeans are ok as long as not ripped or similar. Latest from day two they expect your shoes, make-up and hair to be uniform standart though. They even assess you on it. If you are a girl make sure to bring white or light-coloured bra's or white t-shirts that you can wear under your shirts as they don't like black bra's shining through.

Getoutofmygalley
29th May 2006, 16:39
Dolley, it was a couple of years ago I trained. Glad to hear that the newbies get paid the uniform allowance from day 1 though :)

Paula
29th May 2006, 18:11
Hi.

Im going on a assessment day soon and I wounder if anyone know how the language tests are done? Is it a written test or do you just have to talk a bit or both? I dont mean the english. Other languages.

Thanks for help.

Paula

744FO
29th May 2006, 22:55
If you are successful in assessment languages will be tested during/after training.

JK

AUSPOMME
30th May 2006, 12:53
Hi all,

Can you tell me if anyone received written confirmation,email/letter when they were first offered cabin crew jobs,prior to receiving contracts,start dates?
I was offered(verbally)cabin crew job 2 wks ago,which I accepted,but they seem very reluctant to send me any written confirmation,as I cannot give then a definitve date as to when I will be able to get over to U.K at moment they cannot give me a start date on training,but I thought they would send an email out to at least state I have been offered a job,anyone had this similar situation,makes me concerned that my job offer has been withdrawn.:confused:

apostolos4
30th May 2006, 17:30
Hi Lu!

I have been invited to attend an assessment session for easyjet in June 14th. This will be my second time. I want to ask you something. When i joined them last november , the group exercises were different from the ones you mentioned , I mean there was the 12 questions exam and the scenario with us on board trying to esolve problems that appeared sudenly. Now you are mentioning 2 different tasks, has anything changed since november?

Best regards,
Apostolos4

SallyEZY
31st May 2006, 06:49
New rumours: Easy wants to replace the silly bay with a new smaller trolley. It's because we complained about that bag..not very practiable and and when it's heavy you look like the ringer of Notre Dame...:8

I Just Want To Fly
1st Jun 2006, 12:57
A friend of mine who also got through, just told me that they do not have any more ground schools scheduled beyond July.

Also can someone confirm or deny that the seats on the A319 do NOT recline at all?

SallyEZY
2nd Jun 2006, 08:30
Its only with the really new A319...all the *old* ones have seats to recline.

ezpz
3rd Jun 2006, 12:48
A friend of mine who also got through, just told me that they do not have any more ground schools scheduled beyond July.
Also can someone confirm or deny that the seats on the A319 do NOT recline at all?

These are the only ones that have been scheduled at the minute, but recruitment is likely to continue throughout the summer. I would expect to see 4 training courses a month until at least September. We still have 50 Airbus 319's to be delivered by the end of 2007. Plenty of recruitment!

friarkeasley
16th Jun 2006, 21:05
Hi guys, thanks to all who posted, it was very useful. I had my EZY assesment on weds the 14th, and today i got that call and a job offer!

I start on the 4th of July!

Regards to all

Tom

I Just Want To Fly
16th Jun 2006, 22:01
Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

Where will you be based?

Look forward to flying with you soon!

friarkeasley
17th Jun 2006, 19:49
I will be based at Luton, still looking for somewhere to live. Where are you based? Is the pay enough to live on? :ooh:

Tom

broadabroad
18th Jun 2006, 17:48
yup the new crew bags certainly wouldn't be practical for a senior.

paris still marginally gets away with trolley bags thanks to NCE nightstops.

confirmed: they are testing a smaller trolley-type bag in place of the current shoulder crew bag. who knows when the change will take place tho. new uniform currently being voted on as well :D

it's really a fun company. definitely ultra low on staff at the moment so you'll fly your ass off until they equalize....but still fun :) (119 block hours this month alone..... :S)

broadabroad
18th Jun 2006, 17:53
sorry to hog!

flew on IS today and not only had it been recarpeted but also all the seats had been readjusted so they no longer recline. (seems to me they reclined before xmas)

passengers may complain a little but we're relieved since 1 broken seat = 3-6 seats unserviceable and therefore very tight for seating in the rest of the aircraft....and impossible to do a full flight. good thing they no longer recline!

SallyEZY
18th Jun 2006, 18:31
I voted for Uniform No.3. The only silly thing the the *apron*..:uhoh:

Wallace23
19th Jun 2006, 18:06
Hey guys!! I also wanted to say thanks for all the info on this forum, it was a great help! I got offered a job today after attending the assessment day on Thursday, starting on the 7th July!

Cheers again :O

friarkeasley
19th Jun 2006, 18:17
kool, im starting on the 4th, i will probably bump into you! Well done and good luck!

Wallace23
19th Jun 2006, 18:25
Yeah, we will! You must've been at the same assessment day as me, 'm sure I'll recognise you! :O

friarkeasley
19th Jun 2006, 18:36
Well my assesment day was on wednesday!

I Just Want To Fly
20th Jun 2006, 12:05
Anybody else starting 11 July???

I'm going to be based at LGW.

I think the easy group needs to buy the Ibis Luton Airport, because the whole bloody hotel is going to be full of trainees! They would make a killing at the bar at the end of training!

Getoutofmygalley
20th Jun 2006, 20:17
sorry to hog!

flew on IS today and not only had it been recarpeted but also all the seats had been readjusted so they no longer recline. (seems to me they reclined before xmas)

passengers may complain a little but we're relieved since 1 broken seat = 3-6 seats unserviceable and therefore very tight for seating in the rest of the aircraft....and impossible to do a full flight. good thing they no longer recline!

'IS' never had reclining seats. All aircraft delivered 'IK' onwards were of a non-reclining seat nature. For your info, the following aircraft are recliners G-EZEA-Z, G-EZIA-K, along with G-EZDC,NC,MS,SM and G-EJJB,AR & the rather strangely registered G-HMCC :)

SallyEZY
21st Jun 2006, 08:56
Is there no crew for DTM????????

We need crew ( like all other bases...I know ) but I like to see new faces..:)

NewbieGaz
21st Jun 2006, 16:03
Sorry to be thick but how do you post a new thread on here??? :ugh:

NewbieGaz
21st Jun 2006, 16:05
Sorry to be thick but how do you post a new thread on here??? :ugh:

Got it now, having a tough day. Doh!!:O

NewbieGaz
21st Jun 2006, 16:08
I was wondering if anyone on here was having an assessment with BA for the GatwickFleet. It's just that most seem to be going with easyjet?

I hope im not alone here...

WexCan
23rd Jun 2006, 18:41
Going for assesment on the 3rd July (also waiting for word back on an application from CityJet which would be much better for me - DUB base, good pay etc).

Are there many overnights working out of LTN or LGW?

LucyLou
24th Jun 2006, 00:09
To all AUS crew that headed over to EasyJet - how is it going? training? living arrangements?! Would love to hear all about it! :D

eurobazyl
24th Jun 2006, 11:33
hello folks,

am completely new here. going to the assessment day in Paris on Wednesday 5th July. Your posts are very helpfull... A question : the assessment is in English all across Europe or the language of the country it's taking place? just wondering....

PS. Am not French so that might help lol :} Take care !!!

744FO
25th Jun 2006, 15:18
Tom check your PM's

John

rach06
26th Jun 2006, 16:04
Hello, Just wondering if anyone has an assessment on 28 June in Luton?
I am so nervous!!:uhoh:

WexCan
26th Jun 2006, 16:23
Was invited to the 28th June one but took the 3rd July one - travelling from DUB and all that jazz.

Good luck though - be sure to come back with all the gossip! :p

rach06
27th Jun 2006, 08:44
Arh I didnt know that you could choose different dates! I have to travel 4 1/2 hours to get to Luton.:uhoh: I dont really mind though, I want this so much.
Good Luck with yours on the 3rd:)

WexCan
27th Jun 2006, 17:32
The CC recruitment people are nice enough - maybe you could ask them to switch to the 3rd July assesment?

And as for travelling time, tell me about it. I'm flying from Dublin. :uhoh:

rach06
27th Jun 2006, 20:43
I think it maybe a bit late to now. Im leaving around 3am tomorrow morning. I only got the email on 23 June. I suppose in a way its quite good because I havent really had time to think about it and get too nervous. Its just hit me now and Im getting a bit scared.:uhoh:
Hopefully it will be ok, Ill post tomorrow when I get back and fill you in!
Fingers crossed :)

WexCan
27th Jun 2006, 20:54
Well good luck - and do be sure to post back :) (in detail! :})

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 21:16
I'm hoping it's a good sign that you haven't posted yet :) Get through to the interview?

rach06
28th Jun 2006, 21:43
Yes indeed! Made it through the whole day and I was very nervous too so im surprised. It’s not as half as bad as I thought it would be and I actually had a fun day and met some lovely people. I would say don’t worry at all and just try to be yourself. Ill find out in 7days so I’m just waiting now. I hope it’s what I want to hear. Let me know how you get on with yours and Good luck.:)

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 21:55
hi anyone got an assessment day at luton 05 july 06?
I hav totally nervous n worrying about that dreaded maths test.
any1 no what site to go on to check out any flats etc just on the off chance i get offered the job?
REALLY NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :eek: :yuk: :yuk: :ok:

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 21:57
Doubt the maths test would be too bad - you get a calculator apparently.

God - they must be cramming people in, I'm on the 3rd July, rach06 was today and you're on the 5th. Hopefully a good sign :}

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:00
really !! were hav u asked to be based? i've put luton.
Apparantly they will snatch any1 hand off to go work any where in london. Thats what ive heard i just hope its true.
Have u got any idea where u gunna live?

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:02
I've put down any London base, so it would be LGW or LTN. I'd be moving from Ireland so would need some time (if I'm accepted) to sort out moving etc etc. So wouldn't have a clue where I'd live. Don't want to get the ol' hopes up either, just in case.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:04
Rach06 my friend had her assessment got threw n got the job apparently if you get all the way threw the jobs yours.thats what she was told anyways.
fingers crossed 4 u.x

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:05
Always good to wait for the call though. ;)

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:08
i no its totally nerve rackin don't think ive eva bin this nervous or wanted somethin that much.bin swottin up on all the ezyjet website.work 4 ezyjet at ncl so no a bit already but not as much as i first thought afta lookin at stuff today.
i just hope i get throu all day!
just Cnt stop thinkin of those tests.:{

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:10
Don't worry too much - I'm sure all will be fine.

Someone wrote a book about the history of easyJet, read it last year and gave me a very good knowledge of the company. Maybe see if you can find it in a book store - can't remember the name/author but even search easyJet on Amazon and you'll get an idea. Though I'm sure the website is more than sufficient.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:10
oh yeah your def right about waiting for the call.its prob more like sittin by phone all day prayin it to ring n keepin checkin your mobile 4 missed calls.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:12
thanks for that i will do. what you gunna were 4 ur day?
i was all up 4 a suit but i look on another website n someone had said on two people at hers wore them so now im well confused

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:14
I think the main thing to keep in mind is: whatever happens, happens. If you really want to fly, and you keep trying, you'll get it eventually. I'm travelling from Dublin - flying EI DUB-LHR on Sun and back on Monday night, staying in a Luton hotel on Sunday night. And I could be eliminated after the morning session. Hopefully the risk will pay off. If not, it's all good experience.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:19
god- and i thought my 4 n half hr drive was bad!! i guess nothin ventured nothin gained.
is there nothin closer to home to be based at? .

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:21
god- and i thought my 4 n half hr drive was bad!! i guess nothin ventured nothin gained.
is there nothin closer to home to be based at? .

Ryanair, if I want to pay for a job. And that's about it. I used to live over there and have no problems moving back - I'd choose London over Dublin any day tbh.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:27
i no some 1 that was gunna start 4 ryanair i think it ridiculous what they wANT off u b4 you can even fly.
well best of luck for your assessment and thanks for the info on the book goin on2 amazon soon.
best of luck
let us no how it all goes. :)

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:30
Will do. We can cower beside the phone together in spirit :p

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
28th Jun 2006, 22:44
god yeah but by the sounds of it half of england will be joinin us.still cant get ova the amount of people goin.and ive ordered that book off amzon.thanks again.honestly never done this homework not even when i was at school.

WexCan
28th Jun 2006, 22:48
Well, they need a lot of people seemingly so who knows.

rach06
29th Jun 2006, 09:30
Just wanted to say dont worry about the maths test. The questions arent very hard and they do give you a Calculator. You get 10 mins to complete it which i dont think is enough time, I didnt answer 3 of the questions on both of the tests and I still made it through the whole day.
Dont worry you will be fine!:)

hi anyone got an assessment day at luton 05 july 06?
I hav totally nervous n worrying about that dreaded maths test.
any1 no what site to go on to check out any flats etc just on the off chance i get offered the job?
REALLY NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :eek: :yuk: :yuk: :ok:

friarkeasley
29th Jun 2006, 10:12
Believe me the maths test is ok, you get a calculator (even tho mine didnt work properly but i still got offered the job!) I applied for LTN, and the phoned me 2 days after my assesment day, and was told my course was in 2 weeks!

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
1st Jul 2006, 21:52
Hi just wonderin if anyone can give examples of questions off the maths test?? im tryin to revise for them.:ugh:
well thats hopin i get to that stage in the day!fingers crossed.
However any any tips or advice would be great!
Thanks and Good Luck 2 every1!!;)

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
3rd Jul 2006, 19:50
so then wexcan how did it go? what can we expect? tell all!!

WexCan
3rd Jul 2006, 23:20
Phew, just back now.

Well, big group there. First was maths and english tests and PA announcement. All simple enough. Go on a break, some people disappear.

Slightly smaller group, group exercises, the straws and the desert island ones. Another break, then you're taken back to the room and some people asked to go to another room. I got through.

Interview was very nerve wracking and intense - so I'm not too sure how I've done. But all in all, 'twas a fun day. :)

Rach06 - any word yet? I should hear by the end of the week apparently.

rach06
4th Jul 2006, 08:09
Glad that you made it through the whole day.:) Now its just the waiting part. I havent heard anything back yet and I think that good be a bad sign. It will be one week tomorrow so I should know by then hopefully. Fingers crossed. What did you wear in the end?

WexCan
4th Jul 2006, 08:54
Just got the call... Oh my god... So quick. 22nd August training then on to Gatwick.

Fingers crossed they'll let you know soon - nothing worse than waiting.

Went with suit and open-collar shirt. Seemed to do the trick :-)

The new uniforms look great - was looking at the drawings. Seems there's a move towards more formal uniform for the guys but still with the casual option - looks good.

rach06
4th Jul 2006, 16:59
o my god well done. They let you know really quick. I had a phone call today from a number i dont know starting 01582 but I was at work and was unable to answer it. I wonder if it was them because i havent had an email or anything yet.

Congratulations to you anyway!!!:)

WexCan
4th Jul 2006, 17:07
01582 is them indeedy

rach06
5th Jul 2006, 16:22
I still havent heard anything, do you think i should telephone the number back?

WexCan
5th Jul 2006, 16:30
Will PM, two mins

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
5th Jul 2006, 21:44
just got back got throu to last stage.interview was hard as they didnt give much away!!
so nervous havnt any idea how i did?
how long b4 they get in touch..im gunna be soooo scared to check my e mails!!:confused: :confused:
FINGERS CROSSED

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
6th Jul 2006, 14:03
p.s well done !!! hope u enjoy it.good luck

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
6th Jul 2006, 14:04
just got the call omg ....ive got it!!!
hoope to see u all soon.

WexCan
6th Jul 2006, 15:44
:} Congrats - where's your base? When are you starting training?

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
6th Jul 2006, 19:24
hi im gunna be based at luton and start trainin in the 8th!!!how about u?
just hav to find somewhere to live.how about u , u got flat or anythin sorted yet?

WexCan
6th Jul 2006, 19:31
Gatwick, start on Aug 22nd. No accom sorted yet - will prob wait until I get over.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
6th Jul 2006, 22:22
thats great!! are u excited or nervous. im getting nervous now it has sunk in a bit. rach06 have u heard anythin yet?lthough a missed phone call from them is a very good sign?!

rach06
7th Jul 2006, 11:05
No I havent heard anything from them and Im starting to feel abit sad. I have just sent them an email but I find it really strange that they havent got in contact with me since the phone call. They didnt even leave a message. It had to be from them because I dont know anyone from around that area and I checked out the area code.

Congratulations to you though. I bet you are really happy and excited.:)

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
7th Jul 2006, 11:55
yeah im really relieved more than anythin.just that all that studying and practising payed off.
Without trying to get your hopes up i would think that the phone call whether it was a missed call or not means you have the job.i mean if you havent revcieved an email that means you havent been told you havent got it.
i think theyve been meaning to phone you back and basically forgot. but them calling you in the first place is a very good sign.how longs it been since your assessment day??
i know it easier for me to say all this cause im not in your position but keep thinkin positive and you should get a call back if not why not just phone them back and say you no my name is such and such and i missed a call off this number im was just wondering wether it was an important call or not?....Yeah come to think of it i def think you should do that, i mean they wont be mad cause your just returing a call!! let us no thou asap..and GO ON PHONE NOW...THERES NO HARM IN IT??!! :) fingers crossed :}

Sulemanzahidi
7th Jul 2006, 12:12
Would so be so kind and tell me more about the interview and about the test, because so I will be also there to get through all the staff.

Kindly requesting you to write some more words about you successful time in Easy jet process.

Thank you in advance.

S.Z. :ok: :D

I Just Want To Fly
7th Jul 2006, 14:37
There is so much information on this forum already, but I understand it is quite long. When I applied, I read every forum from start to finish.... Well not every forum, but many of them. Anyway, heree is my recount of the EasyJet recruitment day.

Check In: They look at your passport, check visa details, take your photo.

Round 1: First we had to stand up infront of the group ad say our names, and either the first music we bought, or the first poster on our wall. Videos and presentations about the company.

Then we had to do the PA announcements. You just read the card.

EG: "Ladies and Gentleman, in preparation for take off, please ensure that your seatbelt is fastened, tray table locked in place, baggage securely stowed. Thank you."

Then you had to make up your own PA.

Some examples:

A passenger with boarding pass number 56 has boarded the aircraft, but failed to hand it in. make an anouncement.

You have run out of sandwiches.

You have very limited change.

This task is very simple, but it seems to fase a lot of people. While you're in the shower, why not practice cabin announcement instead of singing!

THE TEST
Maths test -

EG:
A pax buys 2 vodka, 2 tonics and Pringles. He pays you with a $50. how much change will you give him.

Convert 3 pounds into Euros.

These are very basic maths problems, which you will need to know how to work out, as you will be required to do this in your job.

Round 2: First the group is culled. Then you start the group activities. 1st task was "Straws". Make a structure from Straws and Blu-Tac that will hold a mobile phone. As a group chose 10 items which you will take before your ship sinks.

Very simple tasks, that look at your ability to interact with others and work as a team. Remember, it's not what you do, but how you go about it...

Round 3: The dreaded cull!!!
Then they discussed what would happen in the final interview. Then we had lunch

Final interview - 2/1 They will ask you to give examples of how you have dealt with customers. They are testing the key compitencies of a cabin crew.
Then just some housekeeping.

I have to say this day was really fun!

eurobazyl
7th Jul 2006, 15:09
Got to the last stage of the assessment in Paris last Wed, easyJet called me this morning (I missed it as I was working) and left the phone number to ring them back on Monday... Is that a good sign???

rach06
7th Jul 2006, 15:31
xxTweedledeexx and WexCan I Got It!!!!
I just cant believe it, Im shaking and everything. I start on the 25 July and will be based in Bristol. I am so happy :)

I Just Want To Fly
7th Jul 2006, 15:33
Same thing happened to me. The next day when I called back, she was on a day off, so had to wait another day. It was a terrible 48 hours! Anyway, I start this Tuesday, so I think you can take it as a good sign.

Hope to fly with you soon!

WexCan
7th Jul 2006, 15:41
Rach, fantastic news :) Funny how they tell some at 9am the morning after when you're in bed and some take a while.

I'm not starting until the 22nd August so I won't bump in to you in the Academy lol

Congrats to all of us methinks. :)

Cahlibahn
7th Jul 2006, 15:58
Hey, Rach06, I've been following your progress and I'd just like to say "Congratulations" on a great outcome. :D :D :D :D

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
7th Jul 2006, 16:33
well done excellent news!!!
did u phone them or wait for them to ring u back??

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
7th Jul 2006, 16:53
Here is some advice and to whoever wrote the one earlier in the forum..i owe you big time.
Here it goes...

Have an in put in everthing dont take charge but dont be too quiet.like just want to fly says.."its not what you do,its how you go about it"
Ask questions i asked loads just like how long after training do u go online etc..
Take money in change as there is a vending machine in the cafe which has sandwiches,choc,pop etc.
I got there 4 around 0820 ..early i know but it good impression and u can garantee there will be someone else there.
Swot up on easyjet-I got asked where they fly to from my chosen base...My mind went blank so i could only say a few,But you never know what they might ask so its best to be prepared.The take you upstairs after you wait in the cafe. By which time you have got talkin to other people that are waiting to go in for it.
They take you into a room 3 at a time.
They check your passport, NI details and Name etc..(NO PHOTO TAKEN AT MINE THANK GOD)Didnt no that happened till i read just want to fly's message...maybe theyve stopped doing that??
You go into another room while you wait for the rest of the group.
Then you all go into a big room with a u shaped table and then it goes as follows..

Stage one

Introduction

Stand up and say your name and first cd/poster.

Maths test- 10 mins-
conversions and simple additions sums-nothin too hard!Its multi choice so just take a lucky guess if you dont know.Might be worth revising conversions before hand just incase.

English-20- mins-
Reading off a laminated sheet you must asked easyjet questions on compensation which you would recieve in different circumstances.Then ask you to write your opinion on some of easyjet policys.They do check spelling, grammer and handwriting!

PA Announcment- They hand you an announcement you get a split sec to read it then you must say it outloud..Try to be loud, clear and read it slowly.Easier said than done i know.

Go for a break

Stage 2

Some people have dissapeared=not got through.
Group exercises..

1. Straw excersise-make a structure with straws and blu tack to hold a phone for 20 secs...more height n width=more points.

2. Swop groups then excersise no 2 which is to write a list of 10 items u would take on a sinking ship..you have a choice of about 40 on a laminated card.then you must as a group put together a list of 10.but u get handed a card which might say somethin like..you are a diabetic you must get penuts on the ship to survive.suggest eg there energy source and lightweight..that kind of stuff.

Go on a break.

Stage 3

Again some people have dissapeared.

Presentation on easyjet,airside pass,salary benefits etc..

Then you recieve a time for your 2 to 1 interview..i had to wait 2hrs but on my day they had it so 3 people at a time had the same time eg 3 people at 1300 3 people at 1400 etc..So you have someone to wait with!
Wait downstairs in cafe or go for a walk,whatever you like.Then go in for interview.Then thats it ....the waiting begins.They say they will let you no in 7 days...i found out the next day but i no others(rach06) have wait 5-7 days.

I had a lovely day where i met lovely people some of which im still in contact with.

Just remember stay calm,enjoy your day and good luck!!

P.S IF THERES ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED DIFFERENTLY ON THEIR DAY PLZ FEEL FREE TO MENTION IT!!

WexCan
7th Jul 2006, 17:01
Don't forget the PA announcement in stage one. Nothing to worry about, they seem to have gotten rid of the ad-libbed one. Just stay calm, project your voice (I know you'll have a PA system on board but if they can't hear you at the other end of the room it's not a good sign) and be confident. They're not too difficult.

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
7th Jul 2006, 17:27
Got to the last stage of the assessment in Paris last Wed, easyJet called me this morning (I missed it as I was working) and left the phone number to ring them back on Monday... Is that a good sign???

I WOULD SAY SO..... THE WAY IT WORKS IS AN EMAIL IF YOU HAVENT GOT IT.PHONE CALL IF YOU HAVE..MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP LOL..
GOOD LUCK!!

rach06
9th Jul 2006, 18:26
well done excellent news!!!
did u phone them or wait for them to ring u back??

Thank you. Ive been so excited this weekend and cant wait to get going.
I just emailed them and she rang me saying that she did phone and left a message but I didnt get the message. I am so happy. Are you excited to start training now?:)

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
9th Jul 2006, 20:01
Thank you. Ive been so excited this weekend and cant wait to get going.
I just emailed them and she rang me saying that she did phone and left a message but I didnt get the message. I am so happy. Are you excited to start training now?:)

:D :D :D :} :} :} :) :) :ok: :ok: :ok:
God yeah, a bit sad to me leavin home i mean it my bday today n each card had well done n enjoy your new life inside and i got flowers from my local pub to say well done.so that nearly had me crying.:{
but yeah apart frm that in sooooo excited just a little nervous as i will have to find somewhere to live which im praying will be easy enough?????.how about you? will you have that problem??

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
9th Jul 2006, 20:14
does anyone know where i can start to look for a flat to rent in luton prefrebly for me only?

Ladyorkney
9th Jul 2006, 22:28
Is there no crew for DTM????????

We need crew ( like all other bases...I know ) but I like to see new faces..:)

Hello SallyEZY, I hope I could be a new crewmember in DTM, have my assesment session on thursday........ getting nervous.:uhoh: Thanks to everyone else for their comments, it is really helpful

SallyEZY
10th Jul 2006, 08:56
I cross my fingers for you....and all the others going to an assesment days..:-)

Ladyorkney
10th Jul 2006, 12:19
:{ :{ :{ :{ unfortunately I'm not going to be in DTM on Thursday....
I've sent my application last thursday about midnight, received an email on friday afternoon that I'm shortlisted for the assesment session, of course I replied at once and.................... this noon I received the email which told me that thursday is already full!!!!! So I must wait and hope that easyjet will be back soon with a new assesment day!!

eurobazyl
10th Jul 2006, 21:40
got the JOB! starting on August 1st... anyone else??? so little time to get all that paperwork ready..lol... have to get my criminal record checked in 3 different countries.. a nightmare.. easyJet, here I come!!!:} keep the fingers crossed....

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
11th Jul 2006, 16:52
Anyone starting training on aug 8th??

Natalieb
11th Jul 2006, 17:08
Hi,
I am so nervous!
Dont know what to wear tomorrow.
Feel sick!!!!!!
Anyone with me tomorrow at Luton? please? anyone?

WexCan
11th Jul 2006, 18:36
Anyone starting training on aug 8th??

22nd so I'll probably bump in to you two weeks in :)

rach06
12th Jul 2006, 22:44
God yeah, a bit sad to me leavin home i mean it my bday today n each card had well done n enjoy your new life inside and i got flowers from my local pub to say well done.so that nearly had me crying.
but yeah apart frm that in sooooo excited just a little nervous as i will have to find somewhere to live which im praying will be easy enough?????.how about you? will you have that problem??

Yeah I will have to move away but I don’t mind that at all. I’m so excited. I hope that the training goes well and things. I had an email today saying that they were sending away for references.:bored: It’s been a nightmare with all the paperwork. My doctors have taken 4 days just to fill out the medical form and I still haven’t got it back. I’m meant to be starting training on the 25 as well. I don’t think it’s really hit me yet, it will the day before I have to leave I think. That was nice of your local pub to do that, really sweet.:) I haven’t got around to telling many people.
WexCan are you excited to start training? Shame we won’t be bumping in to one another! Good look though. We will have to keep updated!:)

Natalieb
13th Jul 2006, 12:28
Sitting by the phone now waiting.......:confused:

Thought day went really well, was sure I got the job but now...not sure?
Some other girls I was with have had emails today to say they didnt get it so far nothing for me.(is that good???)

PLEASE CALL SOON:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: .

I wore cropped trousers and a tank top (black) everyone else wore suits!
OOOOHHHHHH i really want this job!

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
13th Jul 2006, 18:10
i know ive just got my medical back today , handed it in on mon. theres just so much to sort out and it doesnt help when doctors tax office etc take their time.
Really nervous about being able to find somewhere to live?!!:confused:
rach06 where are you being based?
im not starting with anyone from my assesssment day, so have to make friends again,god its all happenin isnt it?! :}

XXTWEEDLEDEEXX
13th Jul 2006, 18:13
Sitting by the phone now waiting.......:confused:

Thought day went really well, was sure I got the job but now...not sure?
Some other girls I was with have had emails today to say they didnt get it so far nothing for me.(is that good???)

PLEASE CALL SOON:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: .

I wore cropped trousers and a tank top (black) everyone else wore suits!
OOOOHHHHHH i really want this job!

you got through the day and thats the best you can do so well done and they let me nom the following day but i no some people have had to wait a while b4 they found out....lets us know though.FINGERS CROSSED-not that you need it!!

Ladyorkney
13th Jul 2006, 19:37
Anyone who went to DTM today? How was it? I'm still waiting for my appointment, I'm staring at my mailbox every 5mins...... in the meantime it would be great to hear how it was and how it went :confused: :confused: