PDA

View Full Version : CX second chances?

CAT3A
19th Oct 2006, 11:08
I had to turn down my first interview with cx due to personal reasons six months ago and since then apart from a standard reply when I updated my c.v. I have heard nothing. Anyone else had the same experience?

Any info about their procedures regarding inability to attend an interview would be appreciated.

:confused:

wannabepilot1531
19th Oct 2006, 11:51
this might help...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77176

CAT3A
19th Oct 2006, 12:03
Wannabe thanks for your quick reply, any more recent info?

2 - 3 years is a completly different market

xldaddy
19th Oct 2006, 17:07
I had a similar thing happen to me last summer. I had to decline my first interview with CX because it fell right in the middle of a 6 day trip I couldn't get out of. I emailed Monica with plenty of notice and updated once more about 6 months later, then got the call again about 3 months after that. They didn't hold it against me, so you should be fine. Good luck.

xl

rjmore
20th Oct 2006, 05:42
I had to turn down my interview last year for personal reasons. I called and asked what I needed to do since they told me they could not keep my file due to HKG law. I did keep my PRN though. When I reapplied I had to fill out the whole thing again.

Here's the strange part. I sent the new app. via FedEx and they received it on a Monday. They sent my email with the interview date on Thursday that same week! It only took them 4 days. I expected to have a long wait with time to review. I would call them or email them and let them know the situation. Mine was different though since it was a medical issue with a family member.

Good luck!

CAT3A
21st Oct 2006, 10:52
Thanks a lot guys, very helpful, it seems there is hope after all.
I will probably chase it with a phone call or email.

sizematters
26th Oct 2006, 10:58
Cathay Like any big employer understands that you will from time to time have personal issues, and the folks in recruitment are all very human and nice people, if you have to turn a date down, don't worry, just call or email with good and valid reasons and request the next available....................

Good luck to you all......................