PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Announcement

limpwindsock
19th Oct 2006, 03:01
When is the board meeting to sign off on the EMB? Does anyone have a date? Thought it was too become public in OCT. Anyone..................

sinala1
19th Oct 2006, 03:32
AGM is next monday (23rd October) - maybe then? :confused:

boocs
19th Oct 2006, 06:30
Aahh yes, the infamous Golden Announcement rumour. Although not wanting to take the wind out of your sails, I do hope it comes through for you.

I'm still awaiting the announcement that Ansett is flying to LAX with 744's. I'm sure it's just around the corner........:rolleyes:

Metro Boy
19th Oct 2006, 07:27
And wait for the immenent announcement of business class too.

VH-Cheer Up
19th Oct 2006, 11:54
If it was coming out at Monday's AGM then someone would have leaked already...

Aussie
20th Oct 2006, 06:18
DJ with Buisness Class?????????????
Aussie

Kiwiconehead
21st Oct 2006, 00:19
DJ with Buisness Class?????????????

Yes - you will get face paint with gold sparkles thru it.

Merlins Magic
21st Oct 2006, 08:01
Yes - you will get face paint with gold sparkles thru it.
That goes without saying really.
It will cost you an extra $7.50 for the privaledge though.:ok:

limpwindsock
23rd Oct 2006, 11:31
AGM announced very little news of significance. No mention of a new type ie EMB. However planning for Long Haul flights to USA is progressing. Announcement in the near future.

sinala1
23rd Oct 2006, 11:50
Although I do hear one of the tech crew got up and gave Brett and the Board a serving???

boocs
24th Oct 2006, 07:57
Waiting, waiting, waiting.............

slamer.
24th Oct 2006, 08:34
Business

Virgin Blue set to decide on US flights
Tuesday October 24, 2006

SYDNEY - Low-cost carrier Virgin Blue says it is well positioned to deliver further value and expects to make a decision soon on whether to begin long-haul flights to the United States.
Chairman Mark Rowsthorn also told shareholders at the airline's annual general meeting in Brisbane that it was taking more action on the management on its fuel costs.
"At this stage, progress is encouraging and we expect to be in a position to make a decision on long-haul USA flights fairly shortly," he said.
"The company's board of directors has resolved that no dividend will be declared or paid at this time," Rowsthorn said.
"[However], the board has resolved to review the dividend policy and this is currently under way."
- AAP

greenslopes
24th Oct 2006, 22:58
"like a painted ship upon a painted ocean"
Virgin Blue is floundering,changes of ownership with the new owners still deciding to forge on or sell out,don't expect to see anything too remarkable till this is sorted out.

apacau
25th Oct 2006, 01:41
Well, JetBlue in the US have announced that they will be selling some of their E190 fleet. The config of these aircraft would seem to be a perfect match for Virgin too, with LiveTV and all installed already....

From the JetBlue press release (accompanying financial results)

"The company has made the prudent decision to reduce our rate of growth over the next three years through a reduction in both our Airbus 320 fleet and our EMBRAER 190 fleet. "

Wingspar
25th Oct 2006, 03:21
I thought QF were the Kings of waffle.
Looks like VB are catching up fast.

Gone are the big Kahuna's!
All the bravado and we'll take 'em on mentality is non existant now. This decision seems to be draging on and on with nobody willing to take the risk. VB have been basically invited to enter the international scene on arguably QF's most profitable route. SQ were told to nick off and VB are still deliberating.

Enough already, just make a decision or maybe no-one wants to ?:confused:

Eagleman
26th Oct 2006, 03:09
I'm still awaiting the announcement that Ansett is flying to LAX with 744's. I'm sure it's just around the corner........:rolleyes:[/quote]

Suggest you check Age Newspaper 14th September 2001!!!

Wingspar
26th Oct 2006, 04:20
At this rate, AN will get there first!

farrari
31st Oct 2006, 19:28
Do we know what type of aircraft they will use?

SydWatcher
1st Nov 2006, 20:10
Heard this morning that DJ are getting EMB-170 and 190s from March next year. About 20. Emb flying in later this month.

Junkersjet
2nd Nov 2006, 03:31
11 190's, 3 170's and options on 6 more. Well done that Virgin.
JJ

737opsguy
2nd Nov 2006, 03:52
New fleet strategy for Virgin

Virgin Blue has just announced an order for up to twenty new Embraer "E-Jets".

The carrier said at list prices the order was worth about $950m, and includes firm commitments for 11 Embraer 190 and 3 Embraer 170 aircraft, with options for six more.

CEO Brett Godfrey said the aircraft would be configured in a single class
2x2 seat layout and would give Virgin Blue "significant additional operating flexibility, while increasing efficiency through lower fuel burn".

He said the Embraers would enhance DJ's ability to serve the corporate market "by more accurately matching seat capacity and frequency to passenger demand".

The Embraer 190s have a 4620km range seating 96-114 passengers, enabling them to fly with a full payload from Sydney to anywhere in Australia or beyond to NZ and a range of Pacific destinations.

The smaller 170s seat 70-80 with a 3706km range.

Johhny Utah
2nd Nov 2006, 04:25
asx company release (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20061102/pdf/3zd9rnsjj9n56.pdf)

Mr.Buzzy
2nd Nov 2006, 04:25
Just throw your Qlink or Rex cap into the ring, get hold of some bucks and wait for your start date!

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z

hoss
2nd Nov 2006, 10:18
You can count on that. I estimate about 100 from Eastern alone will apply.

I'm being conservative:) .

LetsGoRated
2nd Nov 2006, 12:23
Great news for the the guy/gals that get to fly the machine!!
The old man was heavily involved in the design of the flt deck.....****s all over anything i've ever flown!!!!:cool: but of course...i'm not bias:oh: Enjoy people!!

Jetsbest
3rd Nov 2006, 02:02
Why would you need some bucks? You'll only need 'em if you offer to give 'em up for an endorsement! And an exciting, growing company like VB wouldn't ask the loyal, enthusiastic and motiviated people it needs for such a big expansion, to cough up before they've got a job would it? I hope not, even thought that's what's happened before.

Sorry for the wind-up, but the rush for the holy grail of jet time might be too appealing for some. Do your sums folks because starting from +20k in the hole with attitudes like J*'s considerate 'flexibility' if you want to fly their planes (just ask Joyce) is far worse than being bonded to a company you actually wanted to be in anyway. God luck to all takers.:ok:

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Nov 2006, 02:33
Jetsbest. You may just be onto something there. 20 grand is a bargain price for disrupting the oppositions manpower estimates and schedules.:ok:

Good luck to the people who do make the move. May make the jokers at QF provide some career progression amongst their own ranks!

bbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz