PDA

View Full Version : Ops / Dispatch Opportunities at Stansted

princesssariah
18th Oct 2006, 19:04
Hello everyone

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any Ops or Dispatch type opportunites with any companies based at Stansted.

I'm an Ops Controller based at LHR at the moment and it's time for me to move on now, needing a new challenge and things aren't the best at my present company. I would also like to move to Stansted as it's closer to home, family and friends for me.

I have been in Ops for 2 and a half years now and although i know that this isn't much in the Ops world, i'm very keen and really wanting to get on in my career with a new challenge.

As far as dispatch goes i think it is something i would like to get into one day but i know that good dispatch jobs that pay well are like gold dust!

However, please let me know if any of you know anything that i don't!

VP8
18th Oct 2006, 19:29
Universal were looking not so long ago on aviationjobsearch for ops bods

VEEPS

princesssariah
18th Oct 2006, 19:55
Thanks VEEPS

Any info on what they're like? I don't know too much about them?

TUGNBAR
18th Oct 2006, 21:51
Universal are ok if you like working with all male staff.

Inflite were advertising for an Ops bod in Stansted Life newspaper.

bacardi walla
18th Oct 2006, 22:28
Surely UV employ girls now := Surely if they don't, that can't be right and could be deemed as a rather sexist approach :oh:

Princesswotsit you have PM

Flightmech
19th Oct 2006, 16:18
Princesssariah

Try clicking on the vacancies tab here, i think they still have one position open

http://www.gssair.co.uk

Rgds
Flightmech

avfuelman
20th Oct 2006, 10:44
:= I see you haven't learnt your lesson Mr Walla, as I see you continue to diss every company you have ever worked for. Problem is too many people know what you are really like.:=

bacardi walla
21st Oct 2006, 11:33
:= I see you haven't learnt your lesson Mr Walla, as I see you continue to diss every company you have ever worked for. Problem is too many people know what you are really like.:=

The problem, Mr Avfuelman, is that I have no lessons to learn and that many people know I'm right but won't admit it. Fact is, you know nothing about me and the reasons why I speak my opinions.

Now, get the thread back on track and don't turn it into a slanging match.

diesel862
21st Oct 2006, 15:36
Global Supply Systems website is incorrect, according to their HR people there are no vacancies there - although they are adamant their website is correct.

Universal are ok I think but for what your doing the wages are nothing to shout about.

Ta

FiiS
22nd Oct 2006, 18:45
I applied to a few vacancies for Universal via aviationjobsearch and got no where :( still gutted I missed out on a job at Titan :{

TUGNBAR
22nd Oct 2006, 18:55
I applied to a few vacancies for Universal via aviationjobsearch and got no where :( still gutted I missed out on a job at Titan :{

You should'nt rely on aviationjobsearch :ugh: get your CV into these companies even if they are not advertising.

Show your keen and eager............first impressions last:}

FiiS
22nd Oct 2006, 19:07
Done and done! A friend reckoned after graduating he signed on, then he wrote to every British airline or that had a British base, heard nothing for four weeks then got four interviews, one of which lead to his current job. So he's reckoning on the same approach ... early days yet but a fair few airlines should have my CV by now! (hopefully not "filed")

bacardi walla
24th Oct 2006, 09:13
I wouldn't call £20k reasonably well paid especially for the amount of abuse that gets hurled at you :bored:

FiiS
24th Oct 2006, 22:27
*Hmph*

Is this a new position or one that has been advertised in the last month? I think I applied for three Ops jobs with Ryanair last month alone :{ If it's a new post I'll try again!