PDA

View Full Version : Security

warwicks
18th Oct 2006, 14:05
I was just wandering how everyone is finding airport security? I fly mainly out of BHX and the security restrictions change, it seems, a lot.
At BHX i have heard of a case of the security guards questionning the Police about what they had on their person- who has juristiction in this case- the police or airport security??
One day we are allowed to go through with our shoes/ belts on, the next not- people have trouble with powdered makeup not liquid, prescribed drops (for ears), vaseline- is it still the same at others around the country?

The female crew are still not allowed to have a handbag and crew bag separatley (depending on your airline and how they treat you) with crew being told we are only allowed one piece of handluggage (crew bag is not hand luggage in my opinion but essential to work)

Now that restrictions are relaxing for the passengers are crew going to see a relaxing so we can take our nightstop bags into the aircraft cabin?

We all go through the rigorous security and criminal record checks but are still being treated worse than the pax in some cases.

:)

PS- before anyone says anything I am not putting down the security staff at any airport as I think they do a great job.

flyblue
18th Oct 2006, 16:12
The rules "should" be the same everywhere, but for more information take a look here (http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_about/documents/page/dft_about_612280.hcsp)

girtbar
18th Oct 2006, 19:26
Ive been taking chapsticks, dry stick deodorants and aftershave since this farce began. I dont even try to hide the fact except ensuring the aftershave goes through the x-ray machine in a certain possistion.

There is no way in hells name im going to operate with out some kind of deodorant!

As for luggage i take my trolley case through and a lunch cool bag and they never have a problem, except with the salad dressing sometimes, unless i pre pour it over the salad!:ugh:

It really is rediculous though, esp when the capt's youghurt is taken off them.
Im waiting for this to cause a pilot to loose it so much becuase of it they crash their plane into parliment in protest.....that would teach how dangerous a yougurt is! :sad:

BYCREWBOY
18th Oct 2006, 20:13
The girls at my base are kicking off big time! as they keep having their lip gloss taken off them. Can lip gloss do harm to an aircraft?

m00ving_on
19th Oct 2006, 05:48
security measures are a farce. there are so many things on board which can be turned into lethal weapons that it doesn't make any sense to confiscate small items from people at security points.
for example at QF if you try to go through security with a fork, it will be confiscated, but on board you get a fork with your meal.:ugh:

BYCREWBOY
19th Oct 2006, 12:20
And a fireaxe!!!!

Getoutofmygalley
19th Oct 2006, 13:20
And a fireaxe!!!!

I know crew meals are pretty crap, but do you guys really get issued with a fire axe for use when eating them? :E

HZ123
20th Oct 2006, 09:53
I suppose while you are all moaning about security at least the management get a break. Shame for the passengers as well that suffer the same restrictions.

wiggy
20th Oct 2006, 10:19
We know , but once the pax are through security they can at least relax and chill-out to some extent - or if they are p***d off at the harrasement they've just been subjected to they can sit there and steam without consequence . On the other hand the crew, all of them, have to try and put all this out of their minds and get on with the job of operating the aircraft safely.....and it is sometimes not easy...and therein lies a real problem.

perkin
20th Oct 2006, 10:49
Just posted this in the SLF forum, but probably of relevance in this thread too...new EU wide hand baggage restrictions to be introduced, from start of November...

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/about/news_press/travel_news/floatingnews/news7.htm