PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Accomodation

Tubemaster
18th Oct 2006, 08:30
Have just accepted an offer to join Emirates. Can anybody fill me in on the current situation and standard of accomodation for wife and two kids???

Cheers, Tubemaster

what_goes_up
18th Oct 2006, 12:21
Hi tube

For family with kids it's a villa (min 3 bedrooms as far as I know) probabily out at Silicon Oasis.
http://www.dso.ae/

You might find more information in the Middle East Forum.

W_G_U

dessertdude
22nd Oct 2006, 11:19
Tube,

You will get a house in Dubai Sillicon Oasis. Check out www.siliconoasis.org (http://www.siliconoasis.org) . You will find all the info and lots off photos of the aera and the houses. They are 5 bedroom 4 bathroom houses (maids quarter incl.)detached with quit big gardens( if not all)

Tubemaster
5th Nov 2006, 18:47
Thanks guys. Have just recieved notice from EK that will be put into new apartment in the Millenium building until villa is available - does that sound right???

We've gone the furnished option - does that mean all the gear in the apartment will be hand-me-downs or do they fit out new?

Thanks to those that reply.

dragon501
6th Nov 2006, 23:02
It just amazes me that you sign on the line and AFTER that start to check out the way they put you up, especially with a family...

Aside from that, all the best of luck!!

Cheers

silverhawk
7th Nov 2006, 10:07
yep agree with what dragon said.

Still all the best.

Makes me wonder what other vital facts you are short of though.

garthicus
7th Nov 2006, 10:46
It will be all new and no hand me downs!

(well it certainly was like that 2 years ago, don't know if it's changed since!)

Tubemaster
7th Nov 2006, 19:16
Thanks again for your responses folks. I did initially include a villa in my terms of contract, but apparently the advise from the company is they are short and therefore have provided accomodation in the Millenium Tower until one is available. Have checked out the location of the apartment and looks good to be able to spedn some time checking out the place before being shifted to the outskirts of the city to DSO - which looks a bit like a dust-bowl based on all the images I have seen to date.

It seems that alll in the apartment will be new, but not sure I'd like live way out in what looks like a satelite city community.

your thoughts???