PDA

View Full Version : 1Time at the Currie Cup Final

Deskjocky
18th Oct 2006, 07:59
A little late after the event but thought it worth saying well done to the chaps at 1T for the flypast at the Currie Cup final on the week end. The timing was absolutely impeccable- just seconds before kick off. Haven’t heard many people mention it though which is a bit strange, makes one wonder if these types of PR exercises work?

Balmy
18th Oct 2006, 10:03
they did it at the semi final as well......couldnt help but be noticed......I think it was great PR........you would probably need to bend an aircraft to get more coverage than they got

CJ750
18th Oct 2006, 17:15
Any photo's and names of crew.

putt for dough
19th Oct 2006, 07:01
Yip I was lucky enough to see
both. Have got to agree that both crews
did really amazing jobs:ok: :ok:

Well done guys:D

Rude Boy
19th Oct 2006, 11:37
Just out of interest, does anybody know if this kind of participation by airlines at public events(excluding airshows) takes place in other western countries and if so, to what extent? I think it's great and is an awesome demonstration of that unique South African spirit, but I've heard mixed feelings on the issue from one or two airline guys, particularly concerning the low(ish) level formations. Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

whiskeyflyer
19th Oct 2006, 13:30
, but I've heard mixed feelings on the issue from one or two airline guys, particularly concerning the low(ish) level formations. Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

probably the same guys who complained about the Harvards doing water skiing :rolleyes: all I can say to the fly past boys and water skiers is congrats :D and I know I could never reach that standard, so for me straight and level and above 1000 agl minimum.