PDA

View Full Version : Indian Class I medical- How different is it??

iamanaussiemavrick
18th Oct 2006, 06:35
I hold an australian class I medical.

I want to do Indian Class I.

How sure can i be of my Indian Class I medicals????

CPTA
18th Oct 2006, 09:49
I think that you will find that the Indian Class one is just as good as the Australian one since there are so many airlines now operating in and out of India the medicals are far more tougher injuction to the CAA standards.

Sorry that I couldn't have been more help there, but I would be safe to say that the Inian Class One is up there with the British and the Australian one.

iamanaussiemavrick
19th Oct 2006, 06:08
I heard that the indian class I medical is tougher than australian one.

I hold an australian class I medical.

Can anyone tell me what more is or how different is indial class I to australian one.

What are the tests that are more for indian one.

Longing for replies

hpcock
19th Oct 2006, 07:03
I hold an Indian class 1 & also hold a JAR Class 1. I did my Indian med in Jan of this year (Initial) & it did not differ much from what i was used to.

There are 2 centres for initial Class 1 medicals in India - CME in Delhi or IAM in Bangalore. I did mine at the latter. Its a whole day affair, consisting of full body examination - weight & BMI, optometry, respiratory checks, x-ray of lungs, blood & urine tests, hearing tests, USG Abdomen scan, ECG, EEG & all the usual other things.

My only advice to you is that when you go for the medical, the doctors at both centres have a habit of being a bit fussy. Don't worry too much about this - just say yes to all their recomendations, & then forget about it. You already hold an ICAO medical - you would know if something was wrong with you by now. As all these tests are carried out at Indian Military Bases, you will need to get prior clearance before going. This only takes about one week.

What I suggest you do is give this guy a call who will help you out with the whole thing. His name is Warrant Officer Gupta - Medical Devision at Institute of Aero Medicine (IAM) in Bangalore. His phone no. is 0091 80 2522 4131 (x3315). He is the dude who helped me with everything. If you cannot get hold of him try and speak with Mr. Murilitharan (on the same no.) - both good blokes and helpful.

Bring copies of all your med records from Australia, as this will smooth the process no end.

PM me if you need anything else.

All the best

HPC