PDA

View Full Version : MAC logbook software

tarjet fixated
17th Oct 2006, 18:25
Hi there,
any info about a good/easy/reliable JAA logbook software that runs on Macs too?

Gnirren
17th Oct 2006, 19:04
There are some, like logten and logten pro for example. I didn't really like them and I use a windows logbook from within parallells desktop but check out macupdate.com and you'll find some.

jshg
17th Oct 2006, 19:50
I'm a long-time Mac user and I recommend Pilotlog.co.uk
- it's internet-based so it also works on PDAs & (apparently) PCs.
Incidentally there's nothing (from the CAA point of view anyway) to stop you writing your own spreadsheet logbook, as long as you print it as you go. I did this for years but Pilotlog is much better, and keeps track of 28 day landing recencies.
They also do a 3 month free trial (for BALPA members anyway).

Lasiorhinus
18th Oct 2006, 03:13
My home-made spreadsheet keeps track of recencies, too, both day and night, and my medical, and many other things.

teghjeet
18th Oct 2006, 06:24
Could you pls fwd it to me?

4granted
18th Oct 2006, 07:08
me too please??

727Man
18th Oct 2006, 18:30
me to please!

FlyboyUK
19th Oct 2006, 16:19
I'd also highly recommend pilotlog.co.uk

I've been using it for a year now and as mentioned above it is web based so easily accessibe (and secure). One of the great features is that it will import your roster (most airlines seem to be supported) and input it into your logbook as provisional flights. Then all you need to fill in are the registration and flight times.

There are also useful breakdowns of times on type and monthly statistics.

Certainly well worth the free trial:ok:

Avionyx
19th Oct 2006, 17:39
A vote for Pilot Log here as well!

All down to personal pref of course.

Avionyx

tarjet fixated
20th Oct 2006, 09:31
Can you customize pilotlog for say different FTL's so that it will track your flight times and warn you of any approaching exceedances?
I have checked the web for MAC specific software but haven't really found anything interesting apart from logten pro, how does it compare with pilotlog?

Lasiorhinus
27th Oct 2006, 00:33
Well, give me a bit to go through and remove all my entries from it..

and PM me if you want a copy!