PDA

View Full Version : Converting Digital Camera Movie Clips

Tosh McCaber
17th Oct 2006, 17:47
By accident, I turned my digital camera on its side whilst taking a video clip, which means that it has now viewed on my screen on its side! An informative article in Computeractive mag instructed readers on how to use Windows Movie Maker to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, I stumbled at the first hurdle. My digital camera produces video files in .mov format. This file format does not appear to be recognised by Windows Movie Maker.

Apart from rotating this movie file, I really want to be able to put all my digital camera clips on DVD, like I do with my digital camcorder. Does anyone know how to convert my camera digital movies to appropriate files?

Hopefully, there will be a simple answer? I hope so!

Thanks,

Tosh

PS Plug for the camera- it's a KodaK V570 dual lens- fantastic little camera- the wide angle lens- (23mm) is really useful- much more so than a huge telephto- easy to use- no red-eye- versatile- I carry it in my pocket all the time. I'll stop boring you!

Tosh McCaber
17th Oct 2006, 19:58
Well, I think that I may have cracked the first part of my query. I've used CinemaForge 2.0 (good programme) to convert from .mov (which I think my be a Quicktime file), to a temporary .mpeg file. The.mpeg file is recognised by Windows Movie Maker- I've managed to rotate it in WMM, and have it saved as a DV-AVI (PAL).avi file.

I still want to put this, and other digital camera clips onto a DVD that I can play on a domestic DVD player.

Any answers out there?

Coconutty
18th Oct 2006, 09:24
Get A DVD burner and DVD burning software :confused:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

Tosh McCaber
18th Oct 2006, 14:41
I have that- not sure what format to burn to though, I seem to remember that video_ts and audio_ts were called on for movies, which are not there with .mpeg?

FormerFlake
18th Oct 2006, 18:45
Can your DVD player play more than DVDs? If it can play AVI, DivX etc you have a lot more option to use a freeware convertor.