View Full Version : Sri Lankan Ad in this Weeks Flight International

Whoops
17th Oct 2006, 06:18
Anyone care to comment on current conditions at Sri Lanken? Are they any better to work for?

LOVE UL
18th Oct 2006, 15:59
To give you a quick run on Sri Lankan Airlines.

It was a great airline until it was partly privatised.Given to EK. Which owns approximately 43% of the airline and runs the management. The EK boys are virtually trying to make it a regional airline. Doing a great job in driving the Airline down. Closed most of our destinations and so on.

Around 30 pilots left. The country is in bad shape. If you check CNN today you will see what I mean.
The pay is about the lowest of the lowest. You will have to work your butt out. The ops management is another story.

However, I must say its a good place to get an A320/A330/A340 rating. Its cheap. Many have come taken the rating and gone else where, which is second nature to the management.

This is just a quick look at Sri lankan for you.

abzyyy
27th Jun 2007, 15:20
I want to be a pilot for either Emirates or Sri-lankan (if not BA, Singapore, Cathay Pacific) because i still think they are good airlines, ive been on emirates a few times. Liked it. Sri-lankan airlines, seems to be quite a good airline although i know nothing about it lol (aprt from they resemble Emirates a hell of alot) . Do you reckon they will take British pilots? Ive heard you need alot of political influence etc. Does anyone know what kinda people they prefer?

And about the cheap type ratings, thats awesome lol