PDA

View Full Version : Lynx Video Footage (Mk 7)

Flare_Level_Cushion
16th Oct 2006, 20:21
Hi guys,

I am putting a together a little project and am appealing to you all to send me some footage so I can do it justice.

Some of you may have seen the video "Helo Thunder" and I thought it a shame that we didn't have an equivalent. If you have been to the DAAvn Flight Safety Roadshow and had to watch the American vdieo as an intro to UK flight safety then you will know what I mean.

I love flying the Lynx (especially the Mk 7 - Mk 9 just looks ...well...gay.) and have been filming the exercises and ops for the last 3 years and am putting it together with this aircraft in mind.

If anyone has some good footage of the aircraft in action or doing its thing then if you could send it to me I would really appreciate it.

I am after TOW firings / impacts, GPMG with visible tracer / impact, formation flying and the holy grail of Lynx footage - a thrust reversal. If all QHI's could stop sputtering and send in any of this AWESOME manoeuvre that would be great.

I have approached the SAAVn Media Centre but they didn't seem to have a huge selection of stuff.

The max filesize for my inbox is 10MB and I am using clips of 5 secs length or less to keep it punchy. I would like to avoid mobile phone video as it is too low a resolution.

The address is [email protected] and I don't work for Westlands!!

Any other suggestions/ footage would be appreciated! As far as the soundtrack, I am struggling to think of a better tune than ACDC's "Thunderstruck". "Shook Me All Night Long" is too short for the footage that I have already! Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help (off to Arrse!)

M

alex_holbrook
16th Oct 2006, 20:43
Cue comments about flying videos and rock music.... now... okay now.... now?

Flare_Level_Cushion
18th Oct 2006, 12:47
you suggesting this could encourage recklessness?

Duty Auth!!!

;)

The Helpful Stacker
18th Oct 2006, 13:12
Have you approached the management company of Oasis? They managed to borrow a couple of Mk.7's for one of their videos and from what I heard on the R850 grapevine some of the flying was so hairy they totalled a couple of engines, of course grapevines being as they are this could have been bravado in the face of the enemy (resident Puma/Wessex crews).

Flare_Level_Cushion
18th Oct 2006, 13:14
AFSSI enquiry here we come!

I'll see what I can get from them - Geffen wasn't it?

cheers

M

thelynxeffect
21st Oct 2006, 08:05
dunno if you have seen this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbzKmP9bUqk

I have all the DV footage from the making of this, it amounts to about 4GB though, bit much for an email. obviously it was reduced in quality for youtube. (caution, some folk on this site think it's 'bad practice').