PDA

View Full Version : NEAR&NAIA Integrated ATPL experiences?

tumboseppala
16th Oct 2006, 14:08
Hello you all the people in PPrune. I´ve been looking forward for my ATPL course, and I´ve now been invited to Norway for admission tests in Vigra airport. School is called NEAR, North European Aviation Research and it´s based in Vigra, Norway.

CPL will be studied in USA, at NAIA, North American Institute of Aviation, based in South Carolina.

It should take 9 months to go thru all the theory for CPL, and then I´d be working as a Flight Instructor for 15 months, gathering hours and after that getting my ATPL and MCC theories in Norway.

The thing is, that the school seems very good and nice, and also relatively affordable, but I don´t find any mention about this school from here :ooh:! Does anybody have any experience from this school, or is it just bollocks?

I´m planning to book my tickets for admission tests on 8th of November, and I just wanna know for sure, that this might be the possibility that should be taken.

Thanks to everybody who has anything to say about this program!

regs

//tumbo

Seagull61
16th Oct 2006, 17:00
Hi,
These are one of my choices for Integrated as well. I`ve had some good correspondance from them as well as feedback from a current student in the states. Seems they do exactly what it says on the tin. But I don`t have any first hadn experience as i`m still choosing too!
Good luck and I`d like to know how your testing goes on the 8th.....

jet_jock
17th Oct 2006, 13:30
I graduated their program 1 1/2 years ago, and was very happy with it.
The thing I liked most about it was the practice period after the basic flight training in SC, I worked as a flightintructor in California for almost 14 month and accumulated over 1450 hrs. I now fly small turboprops out of nothern UK and am very happy with the outcome of my training.
I wish you the best in finding the school for you.

Best of luck,
Kris

jet_jock
17th Oct 2006, 13:46
I graduated from the NEAR integrated program about 1 1/2 years ago. I was happy about how things were done at NEAR and felt I got the help I needed to get thru the program. The thing that made me choose NEAR was the practise period after basic training. I spent about 14 month in California as flightinstructor and accumulated almost 1450 hrs. I now fly a small turboprop out of nothern UK and am very happy with the outcome from my training.

I wish ypu the best in finding the school for you.

Good luck! Kris

Seagull61
17th Oct 2006, 17:14
It does look good, and I`m thinking they are the ones for me given my current location.

I don`t want to start another intergrated/modular debate or indeed an a "am I too old". But I`m pushing 30 so I need to work out whether an ATPL at the age of 31 with 250hrs is better then an ATPL with 1500hrs at 33??

Any pointers?

Seagull61
17th Oct 2006, 17:25
Oh and you`re right about the integration. With your 1500hrs or so, you`ll also get:

- JAR-FCL Commercial Pilots Licenses
- JAR-FCL Instrument Rating Airplane
- JAR-FCL Multi Engine Rating
- JAR-FCL Multi Crew Cooperation Credit
- JAR-FCL Airline Transport Pilots License Theory
- FAA Commercial Pilots License
- FAA Instrument Rating Airplane
- FAA Multi Engine Rating
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- FAA Certified Instrument Flight Instructor

Not bad for 65K euros!

tumboseppala
18th Oct 2006, 07:12
Thanks guys for bringing these information for my knowledge also. It seems from manymany different sources that the program is really good and it ainīt bollocks.

Iīm facing my admission tests on 8th of November in Aalesund. What I understood was that tests arenīt so biggie. Just basic english, maths, space orientation. Thereīs also no ranking system so everybody who passes the tests can enrol to course. Iīve been tested couple-of-times here in Finland for some courses that had extremely demanding ranking system and multiple testings, and I passed quite far. Money was the problem back then, but now there might be possibilities to get my fundings together.

Iīm really looking forward for this - now even more enthusiastic, since Iīve got good feedback about the program.

One quoestion conserning money. Integrated course has itīs price, 64.890€ etc. I donīt feel comfortable for paying it straight away, since you never know whatīs gonna happen. Does the program have some payment scheme that you pay fo example 10% advance, 20% when enrolling, 20% mid-course, 20% when youīre ready with CPL in the pocket and rest 30% when enrolling for ATPL-course in Norway. I would feel more comfortable with this kind of scheme. How is it? Do they want everything straight away or paying as the time goes by?

Iīm sorry about my not-so-understandable english. Itīs morning here in Finland, so bit dizzy Iīm trying to figure out my spelling :bored:

Thanks to ya all!

-tumboseppala

Seagull61
18th Oct 2006, 10:23
I`m waiting to hear back about financing as well. I`m thinking of the modular route now, as I can keep my current career going along at the same time which will help with the funding, and the price looks pretty good. Was quoted 23K for all courses including JAA FI Rating (although I have a PPL already).