PDA

View Full Version : Congestion Charging

verticalhold
16th Oct 2006, 09:10
Heard on Capital Radio this morning part of a news story about putting a congestion charge on helicopters flying over London. Anybody know anything? Or is it another lunatic idea from the London assembly?

God knows they want rid of us but how the hell will they justify this one?

I spend half my airborne life on that patch and I'm starting to feel persecuted.

VH

SoundByDesign
16th Oct 2006, 09:37
Heard on Capital Radio this morning part of a news story about putting a congestion charge on helicopters flying over London. Anybody know anything? Or is it another lunatic idea from the London assembly?
God knows they want rid of us but how the hell will they justify this one?
I spend half my airborne life on that patch and I'm starting to feel persecuted.
VH

Well at least you don't have to concern yourself with speedbumps, yet ;)

SBD ..

verticalhold
16th Oct 2006, 09:40
SBD;

You obviously haven't seen me fly. I don't need speed bumps to make my flying rough. Ask any of my passengers, those who are in a fit state to reply of course:E

VH

SoundByDesign
16th Oct 2006, 09:46
SBD;
You obviously haven't seen me fly. I don't need speed bumps to make my flying rough. Ask any of my passengers, those who are in a fit state to reply of course:E
VH

Which machine do you Cpt. VH, think i might have seen you YoYo?

& don't worry about the helicongestion charge, Ken's got no Barrage baloons to mount the cameras on :)

SBD ..

verticalhold
16th Oct 2006, 09:54
Could be any one of several. daren't say as my employers think I'm working on the ops manual at the moment. Just stand at Battersea and look for the most shocked and ill passengers. Another clue is the way they tend to kiss the ground and the heli-pad staff when they get off:yuk: :{ :yuk: :{

chevvron
16th Oct 2006, 10:04
Warned you months ago on other threads, but you ignored me as usual!

SoundByDesign
16th Oct 2006, 10:09
Could be any one of several. daren't say as my employers think I'm working on the ops manual at the moment. Just stand at Battersea and look for the most shocked and ill passengers. Another clue is the way they tend to kiss the ground and the heli-pad staff when they get off:yuk: :{ :yuk: :{

don't forget the contingency sick bag as a SOP in your FOM!

SBD ..

Lord Mount
16th Oct 2006, 13:36
Try this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/england/london/6053224.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/england/london/6053224.stm)

LM

Bravo73
16th Oct 2006, 13:56
Here's a link to the report itself:

http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/reports/environment/helicopter_noise_report.pdf

Not read it yet but I suggest that you 'right click, Save as...' because it's 44 pages long! :suspect:

headsethair
16th Oct 2006, 17:14
Have read it - and was one of the people who provided written evidence. Pretty disappointing to see the lack of operators providing evidence - that sort of apathy will bite us all in the bum one day.
There is a concerted effort going on to get some (if not all) commercial and private helis out of London airspace.
Other than BHAB and a few concerned people, I can't see that our "industry" gives a damn.

cyclic_fondler
16th Oct 2006, 21:40
I can sympathise with the residents that have lived near by for years and years but if the residents that have made the noise complaints have only just bought property in one of the numerous aappartment blocks near the heliport then sorry but Mr Sympathy has just left the office.

I don't understand why City don't take helicopters. Battersea have 12000 movements * £300 ( average landing,parking, peak time rate) = an easy £3.6m per year with very little overheads. City already has the ATC and fire cover there and so the only expense they would have is for paint to spray a few "H"s.

I wonder if Ken would refuse to use HEMS if himself or one of his family had a serious accident?;)

PANews
16th Oct 2006, 22:45
Another disapointment is that it is not really 44 pages long! They must have a deal with an office paper supplier, one 'page' was completely blank.

What with the white spaces and the fact that the last few pages are a list of people consulted I doubt it boils down to even 30 pages...

That's barely a sentence from each viewpoint. Hardly comprehensive.

I need to read it through again to see where they are coming from but it seems that the police feature very heavily but only because they seem to be the only group with the statistical analysis to back up what they being doing for their 3,300 hours in the air!

chevvron
17th Oct 2006, 09:17
Old stuff I know, but the heliport has been there since the '50s; how many present day NIMBYs were living there then?