PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser HMEC 25-KA in Citations

Crosswind Limits
15th Oct 2006, 11:54
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has used the above ANR headsets in Citations up to the size of a 560XL? Any feedback would be welcome as I'm about to buy one. I'm not happy with the basic Telex ones that seem to be in every Citation that I've flown. Lots of ambient noise and tend to have to up the volume which I don't like doing!

Cheers.

His dudeness
15th Oct 2006, 13:40
Yep, I have the ī25...and I flew with an outfit that used the 45..I prefer the 25, fits better IMO, less pressure on the ears.
I used it on Citations such as C525, C525A, C550, C560 and C650. (I guess the 650 is pretty similar to the 560XL)
I use it on a Challenger 300 now, works great.
I use a VARTA quickcharger with special AA-Size rechargable Batteries, takes just 15 minutes to recharge them. These last about 30 to 40 hours...

Crosswind Limits
15th Oct 2006, 14:19
That's what I wanted to hear! How was the ANR operation? Did it mute most of the ambient noise?

Thanks! :ok:

His dudeness
15th Oct 2006, 20:38
Yes it does mute it a lot - however its just quieter - donīt expect miracles...
The 25KA mutes already just by wearing it - but the ANR - on effect is always a lot better.

The effect that I like most that I feel Iīm less fatiqued after long flights.

BUT I know people that canīt stand ANR headsets - maybe its a individual thing.

Crosswind Limits
15th Oct 2006, 20:54
Thanks again! I've been using DC ANRs for more than 2 years flying pistons and wouldn't be without them!

Johnny Redd
16th May 2009, 22:11
Am about to commit to one of these headsets but fancy having individual volume controls which only come with the 'stereo' version. Problem is that these aren't TSO'd. Whats the advantage of the mono model with a TSO approval compared to my preferred model??? Anyone???