PDA

View Full Version : BA franchise BASE bankrupt?

sky unlimited
22nd Mar 2001, 01:12
Does anyone know something about the rumour that Dutch carrier BASE AIRLINES (a BA franchise company) went bankrupt today?
It is certain that BASE will end the EIN-LHR and EIN-LGW operations from April, 1st on.

Avman
22nd Mar 2001, 13:53
BASE appear to be operating as normal this morning.

Scottie Dog
18th Apr 2001, 10:24
Has anybody heard anything further with regards to this carrier?

According to the CRS systems, the flights RTM-MAN have been cancelled until further notice. Yesterday BA still only shown that flights are suspended until today - 18th - however they are net selling any dates in June or July.

If it is the end then it is a great shame.

Scottie Dog

tech...again
18th Apr 2001, 12:49
BA have now withdrawn their franchise agreement with BASE....

It won't be long....

Avman
18th Apr 2001, 12:58
BASE suspended operations last week pending "re-organisation".

Pointer
18th Apr 2001, 14:54
I'm sorry to here that, well only for fellow pilots.

But seriously, should we greive the loss of a company thats existing on the basis of new F/O's paying FROM +/- 20.000 pounds andUP!!! to get a job that leaves you short of starving? all on the prommise that "with the right hours" the big money is with in reach???

these sort of companys are the reason the big one's are not hiring, because it is cheaper!

its out of ALL our pockets!!!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

JBravo
19th Apr 2001, 02:35
It's also the way these regional airliners survive. And I don't think this will ever end. I only hope for the poor soles that have only flown a few hours after paying 30.000 dollars will get their money back. Or else they're f*cked. No money, and no hours.. I always thought it was a too great risk...