PDA

View Full Version : food for staff?

dartagnan
14th Oct 2006, 17:10
I am concerned about food for crew on board.
I have heared of pilots & FA being intoxicated with bad food on board.

since the new restrictions, we are not authorised to bring our own meal and drink on board except 100ml of liquid when the body need 200ml an hour.

what would happen if 2 pilots are incpacited during an approach?what would happen if terrorists put poison in the water (for the tea or coffee)?

How does your airline feed you?

what say the CAA and Balpa about this?

longarm
14th Oct 2006, 22:40
Assuming you are UK based why can't you take your own food? Is it a company rule?

captjns
14th Oct 2006, 23:28
Carriage of food on board an aircraft is not a company issue. When the security alert was issued in the middle of August, all food and drink was prohibited beyond the security check points.

Food prepared at home is healthier and probably more sanitary than the best catered food. So in away you are in control of your own level of quality of food.

Drinks on the other hand still can't be brought through security.

Bon apetit.:)

F4F
15th Oct 2006, 07:41
Thanks Phileas Fogg, I was gonna ask something similar, having just read the very recent post by dartagnan:
2 years later, i still dont have a job...
:ouch:

ICING AOA
15th Oct 2006, 21:48
what would happen if 2 pilots are incpacited during an approach?

The hostess would rapidly make a PA asking if there are any airline pilots onboard by any chance :eek:

boeingbus2002
16th Oct 2006, 10:05
Where are those journos when you need them?!
Surely this is the issue they need to make public and will no doubt make airlines sit up and look. :}
DfT regs still prohibit taking liquids airside, however don't you guys have access to the WHSmiths etc airside where you can purchase drinks?
Also on a similar note, while they will stop you taking milk through, the guy behind me with a crate of milk to sell in boots was allowed. Is this milk from a special cow?! :ugh: