PDA

View Full Version : CX interview

flynhigh
14th Oct 2006, 15:29
Anybody going to first interview in canada next month.

rflight2u
14th Oct 2006, 17:10
Yes I will be up there on the 8th

Taylor01
18th Oct 2006, 02:42
Hey I am going up on the 23rd. Would you mind emailing me to let me know how it goes. [email protected]. Thanks alot. Ryan

87-757DRIVER
22nd Oct 2006, 20:13
My interview is on 21 Nov in Vancouver. I was scheduled on 24 Nov (day after Thanksgiving) but they changed it. Are you studying the info located at the www.jetthrust.com (http://www.jetthrust.com) web site? Looks like some good info. Also looking at HTBJ as well as Preparing for the Cathay Pacific Interview, Edition 11 (on order). Let me know if you recommend studying something else.
75DRIVER

cfmoverboost
3rd Nov 2006, 17:24
anybody know of gouges for the interview on specific types? Questions on the 747, 340 etc....

mike halls
8th Nov 2006, 14:07
hello all,

I have an interview being set up for this month or next, just wanted
to know everybody does to prepare for the interview.

mike

Taylor01
8th Nov 2006, 15:44
I hear alot of people interviewing. Anyone know anyone that acutally got hired. I know a gut that worked there about 10 years ago, but I read about interviews all day and hardly noone gets hired. Just wondering is it worth spending the money to get up there if they are not hiring guys from the US. Thanks for the input.

blue_side_up
10th Nov 2006, 04:31
They're definitely hiring US pilots. I had first interview YVR Aug. They were doing 5-6 interviews a day, all week. Figure 25 guys or so. At second interview in HKG there were 9 of us (7 from the US). 5 of us were hired. Hope that gives you some idea, yes it's a high attrition rate!

There's a lot more detail here on PPrune, but if you want my suggestion... Study HTBJ (very important, espcially theory info, like drag curves), have a very good knowledge of CX fleet, some solid prep on their history, and lot's of knowledge about weather systems (esp HKG/Asia area) and aircraft and wing design theory. Some knowledge of the 747-400 and the A340 (both variants) is critical too. Be prepared to answer questions on your current aircraft systems too. The fleet info in Cpt x,y.z is out of date. Get current numbers. An interview prep geared towards pilots would be worthwhile too. You could try pilotcareercentre (I know many who did, and no, I'm not affiliated to them or x/y/z).

Good luck!