PDA

View Full Version : Korea to issue airline blacklist in 2007

rollSpoiler
14th Oct 2006, 02:12
THIS is a good one! :D
http://aviation-safety.net/news/newsitem.php?id=1705
––the Koreans of ALL nations who themselves are the contending World Chapions in hull losses and killing their passengers are going to publish a BLACKLIST of FOREIGN ailines.
Talk about MODESTY!!
in case you think I am just badmouthing them go see the stats for yourself:
http://aviation-safety.net/database/country/country.php?id=HL

er340790
14th Oct 2006, 03:40
Presumably this is what is known as 'self-certification'.....?

ATC Watcher
14th Oct 2006, 04:26
Careful not to mix the past and the present.

They are improving fast. and I prefer an old bad airline improving that an old good one deteriorating ( and there are a few of those around)

Also on your data base what is the Air China 767 doing in there ?

747newguy
14th Oct 2006, 04:29
Don't blame 'um. They don't want to see the words "accident" and "Korea" combined again regardless of the circumstances.

I wished more countries would do the same (of course that may include the word "Korea" in the process)

You have to admit, they are trying!
:)

spiney
14th Oct 2006, 06:30
"... contenting World Champions in hull losses and killing their passengers..." - a bit harsh I think... and the stats you quote fail to support your case. I've been travelling as pax to and through Korea for several years now and have been impressed with both KE and OZ on their long-haul, regional and domestic routes. OZ especially have a very modern fleet and there's half-a-dozen Asian carriers I'd avoid before worrying about Korean.

As to the jist of the thread I guess they're 'protecting' themselves from the growth in the region where a number of emerging Chinese and Russian carriers are extending their route networks into Korea - and I guess the Koreans rather they didn't come? Not a very effective strategy since all it serves to achieve is restricting access for Korean carriers in these markets.

SWBKCB
14th Oct 2006, 07:36
Also on your data base what is the Air China 767 doing in there ?

Because it crashed in Korea?

cantilever
14th Oct 2006, 07:46
Improving maybe but still a long way to go!

Do the hull losses outside Korea not count?
How about the 747 out of STN?
:hmm:

captjns
14th Oct 2006, 08:14
How about Russia, Africa, mid-east countries too? They have had their fair share of accidents too. More so in recent years as well.

Mash4077
7th Nov 2006, 16:48
Yes they've gone sometime without making the headlines but they've had some very close calls.
Their present results are driven by a "rule by fear" culture. No open reporting here
It will not be long before they make the news again!