PDA

View Full Version : Air Babylon

Citizen Fish
12th Oct 2006, 11:56
Anyone read it?
If so, which airline is "Mr Anon" from and is the whole thing a load of old tosh.

787Heaven
12th Oct 2006, 20:02
Yeh i read it at christmas, its a good read, basically a summary of all the things have or are supposed to have happened in the airline industry over the years.

The airline Mr Anon is working for is made up, but i know what you mean sometimes it seems hes a Virgin guy and other times a BA guy.

emmyf
15th Oct 2006, 14:25
loved that book but some of the things are a bit far fetched !! thought they were hinting towards BA at times?

ozskipper
15th Oct 2006, 16:57
I think that was the point - it was a compilation of stories from all different airlines (some current, some gone) and anonymous "sources" told from a single perspective so as not to identify a particular airline.

There are reputations, careers and business revenue to protect, so a lot of the "events" were de-identified :)

I agree that some of it seems very far fetched....

FLYING_HOSTIE
15th Oct 2006, 18:14
Well my car got a mention on the first few pages of Air Babylon ;-)

Its not Virgin, as they dont fly to the destination Mr Anon went to. x

oneroam
15th Oct 2006, 20:16
I read the book whilst on holiday last year and it took all of one day!!

I can relate to many of the different stories told in the book and if you have been flying a number of years then so can you. The things which are mentioned in the book have happened and at times still happen if you can get away with it!! ie changing the baby, not the nappy but the baby itself. I have not done this but seen it done by many crew members back in the 'good old days' mmmmm AIR2000 springs to mind!!!

If you get the oportunity to read it then do as you will have a good old giggle at the situations and I am sure that many of you have been in these situations aswell, I know that I have!!!!! No questions thanks!!!

Enjoy:)

Must read the one relating to the hotel as missed the series on tv but heard lots about it. Anyone with any news om this book?:)

sebby
16th Oct 2006, 02:55
I got it for christmas last year. A good read, yes a lot of it seems far fetched but as mentioned its things that have happened over a long period of time in airlines accross the board squeezed into a single day and some reflections or referrals in that day.

I felt there were perhaps more BA references than any other airlines, but still keeps you guessing and nothing is really confirmed.

emmyf
16th Oct 2006, 09:11
i've got the hotel babylon book as well
wasn't as good and it did put me off staying in a hotel for a while!
it mentions or shall i say hints at most if the expensiveee london hotels. defo worth a read tho.

c_hostie
16th Oct 2006, 18:59
I read that before I became crew, it didn't put me off though it just made me more interested in the job!
I remember the preview saying that all the stories were true but taken from different airlines and all put into one ficticious airline. :ok: