PDA

View Full Version : Torturous Bose headset problem

fernytickles
12th Oct 2006, 04:09
We use the Bose headset in the C560 and get almost constant interference in the form of a rhythmic ticking or buzzing noise in both headsets. We think we've narrowed it down to the little flashing symbol on the clock in the instrument panel as it seems to buzz in sequence with the flash. Does anyone else have this problem? And if so, what did you do to solve it. Apart from removing the clock with a hammer, or changing the headsets :ugh: Its like Chinese water torture :uhoh:
Thanks.

Flugtak
12th Oct 2006, 18:34
I fly Lear45 and B200 and have the same problem, sometimes repositioning your head can stop the ticking (not always practical though!) which leads me to believe that it is outside interference with the noise canceling, also found that wearing headset backwards (i.e. left cup on right ear) can help. I don't think that they are all they are cracked up to be, although they are very comfortable, they do get damaged very easily and we seem to get through no end of them.

LRdriver II
12th Oct 2006, 19:18
Any difference with the windsheild heat on or off?

Miles Magister
12th Oct 2006, 20:50
Have you tried a different headset? I have had the same problem with normal headsets but the Bose ANR one just seem to pick it up more effectively!
I think it is something in causing emp across the intercom circuits but I have no clue as to what it is.

MM

fernytickles
14th Oct 2006, 22:42
Thanks for the replies folks. The aeroplane is going to NBAA this week, so maybe Bose could be encouraged to help out...

Turning the headset round didn't help. I do that regularily as I like the mic to be on the right side and don't really care if the headset is back to front or front to back, the buzzing still continues :(

Vso
15th Oct 2006, 20:53
Hi, we are flying 13 x B200's in Norway, we get the same ticking. Anoying stuff.

If I keep my hand between the headset, and the wall, the ticking dissapear.

I believe some of the ticking, is there because the side window vibrates....

Keep Your hand approx 10 cm out and the ticking noise disappears.

After a while it looks stupid, so I hope next generation Bose is better.

fernytickles
31st Oct 2006, 22:01
Solved! One of our pilots worked out that if you turn the TCAS to standby, the ticking stops. So I guess we're just going to have to live with it for the time being :{