PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair LPL to DUB - 10th October

Jinkster
11th Oct 2006, 19:54
Anyone in the know why the 0630 and 1030 flight from Liverpool to Dublin was cancelled on Tuesday 10th October - reason told = technical problems

Anyone care to enlighten - also early morning from Luton was cancelled aswell!

Jinkster :(

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
11th Oct 2006, 20:14
Anyone in the know why the 0630 and 1030 flight from Liverpool to Dublin was cancelled on Tuesday 10th October - reason told = technical problems
Anyone care to enlighten - also early morning from Luton was cancelled aswell!
Jinkster :(

Think some RYR aircraft were diverted into MAN just after midnight due to either w/x or operational issues at LPL, so I'm assuming it may have been problems related to number of aircraft available and where they were in relation to crew etc.

sawotanao
11th Oct 2006, 20:56
Cheers AWR, anyone know what the score is with getting a refund on a flight with FR thats been cancelled?
Cheers Sa':confused: :( :uhoh:
.........just done some searching here...looks like i'm in for a long wait for nothing

dwlpl
11th Oct 2006, 22:10
Think some RYR aircraft were diverted into MAN just after midnight due to either w/x or operational issues at LPL, so I'm assuming it may have been problems related to number of aircraft available and where they were in relation to crew etc.

Due to the major work being done on the runway at LPL their is a cut off every night for landings in order for the work to start.

I think that two aircraft went into MAN after the runway at LPL was shut.

Jinkster
12th Oct 2006, 08:46
I heard a possible vicouse rumour - "lack of pilots" :ugh:

Jinkster
18th Oct 2006, 15:41
I have been refunded half of my trip money (Liverpool to Dublin) - where is the rest (Dublin to Liverpool).........!!!! :ugh:

XSBaggage
19th Oct 2006, 01:11
Unfortunately Jinkster you don't get it! Since FR (and most of the other LCCs) only sell you 2 x one way tickets and not a traditional "return" they will only refund you the LPL-DUB sector if that was the cancelled one. If your DUB-LPL (your "return" sector) operated with no problems you will go down as a no-show and FR will pocket the money! Might not sound fair (fare?:) ) but thats the way it goes.

XSB

10secondsurvey
19th Oct 2006, 09:05
I see the OFT has told those 'naughty' chaps at Ryanair to behave a bit better to their pax..

At the BBC news website;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6061504.stm

The actual OFT release is here;

http://www.oft.gov.uk/News/Press+releases/2006/147-06.htm

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
19th Oct 2006, 10:57
Due to the major work being done on the runway at LPL their is a cut off every night for landings in order for the work to start.
I think that two aircraft went into MAN after the runway at LPL was shut.

That happened last nigh/this morning as well.

So if the last flights of the daily schedule are running behind by a certain amount, they have to divert into MAN.

Localiser Green
19th Oct 2006, 10:59
You should be entitled to a refund in the event of cancellation in line with EU Regulation 261/2004:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4409

I had this recently on a bmi flight (last of the day) cancelled when the aircraft went tech and had to fly the following morning instead. Got a refund of 250 Euros (about £160) when I wrote to them quoting the regulation. Not bad for a £25 flight. Made me wonder though, how many passengers in the same boat did not bother to seek the refund to which they are entitled.