PDA

View Full Version : CAA Class 1 Medical

paulriggers
11th Oct 2006, 17:39
Is it possible to have one of the above (ATCO) and somehow be issued with a JAR Class 1 for being a pilot without having to actually go for another medical? As I understand it the CAA one exceeds the standards for the JAR one.

Ops and Mops
21st Oct 2006, 23:36
I asked this question of my AME recently and this is the answer directly from SRG Medical Division at Gatwick.

The holder of a CAA Class One (ATCO) Medical Certificate may be issued with a JAA Class One Medical pertaining to a Flight Crew Licence by attending at Medical Division, CAA Gatwick for an "Extended Renewal". This is to carry out the tests not normally associated with the CAA ATCO Class One examination. (EEG, Bloods, Chest X-Ray etc).

The initial examination has to be done at Gatwick as it is in theory an initial examination for a Flight Crew Class One medical, although only the elements of the "Extended Renewal" will be carried out.

The CAA take their cut again.......:yuk: :ugh:

paulriggers
22nd Oct 2006, 13:36
Did they say if it was the full price of a standard medical or a cheaper rate?

Ops and Mops
22nd Oct 2006, 13:37
You have to pay for the elements they perform. But as the differences are some of the most expensive, it still comes in between 200 and 300 quid.

kui2324
22nd Oct 2006, 14:06
Recently had an initial Class 1 and there was no requirement for an EEG or Chest X Ray.