PDA

View Full Version : Captain The Ship is Sinking....

YFlex
11th Oct 2006, 15:32
Whoever wrote that song must of had a crystal ball into the future of Caribbean aviation.....A Sad time indeed for all!
It is truly amazing how some can think that Pilots (No.. ALL Employees)can cause the downfall of an Airline with salaries.
"Management has no pride in Great National airlines like LIAT and BWIA!
They have blamed everyone else and have never once looked in the mirror (Past and Present) Well, who next will you blame?
For Shame..Sad times indeed!"
Remember, there are still a few Companies worldwide who value the contributions of their people!
To ALL affected by this "Lifestyle Slashing", I wish you all the best!!:ok:
Regards,
A PROUD West Indian Pilot
"LAND GREEN MAN!!" :eek:

Gooneyone
11th Oct 2006, 20:51
Yep YFLEX, it is a truly sad state of affairs. After years of dedicated service to the region, many employees will be out of jobs. The reason is simply poor management of both companies and the failure of their owners/shareholders to take action.
I know that the LIAT pilots union met with the board of directors earlier this year and spent hours stating the problems they were seeing. I'm sure the BeeWee fellows did the same. Our pleas fell on deaf ears and we are all now faced with paying the price of their inaction.
What a shame - 2 names that will be forever associated with air travel in the Caribbean seem about to be consigned to the dustbin of history.