PDA

View Full Version : Citation Jet

velez2
11th Oct 2006, 13:24
My boss is considering to buy as much as possible low time CJ. Can anybody comment this decision (when it comes to operation range and potential customers need its ok but I need some oppinion from operations point of view) and the realiability of this aircraft. Any pilot experience based comments are wellcome too!

Thanks!

velez2
12th Oct 2006, 07:51
Anybody? Nobody??:sad::{:)

unimuts
12th Oct 2006, 08:57
yep check pm

velez2
16th Oct 2006, 12:49
Well here are some answers to the questions asked:

-A/C is going to be used for the average missions of 350 NM (in one direction of course :-) )
-Average number of pax 3 - 4
-yearely utilisation by our company around 200 hrs for the first year with increase probability to 350 hrs per year in the first two years
-aircraft is also going to be commercialy utilised by the exsisting operator

I have one urgent question:
Can anybody tell me how much does the overhaul for both engines cost for the CJ? What is the procedure for prolonging the time till overhaul to 3500 hrs?

Please answer as soon as possible I need this data urgent!

Kilroy Was Here
18th Oct 2006, 08:44
I flew the CJ (s/n-525-027) for a year and a half. The aircraft would cruise at an average 365 KTAS at max recommended cruise power, and at 345 for long range cruise.

With full fuel, Plan to be on the ground 3 hours after takeoff if cruising at high speed, or up to 4 hours at long range power.

Max payload with full fuel is abot two people:hmm:.

It's a blast to fly (I was single-pilot certified) and had a great time jumping around most of north america in the thing:D

PorcoRosso
18th Oct 2006, 22:57
Am flying the CJ1

Same perfs as CJ although better avionics outfit (you gotta love the the Collins proline 21" )
Basically, Kilroys summed it up . Pretty short legged aircraft if you consider more than 4 onboard . (2 pilots + 2 crew )
If you come from the Kingair, you will end up with the same limitations , but it'll take you less time to go there !
Nice piece of kit albeit a bit fragile, methinks... Sun visor (the Rosen ones ) hopeless, Switches are a pain in the XXXX to find at night, and the IMC conditions on the windshield are really annoying ( Well, if the Cessna people wanted these fogging problems on purpose ..they couldn't go further in perfection !!! Any advice welcome !)