PDA

View Full Version : Attack on 2 fronts

El Kabong
10th Oct 2006, 23:59
I have heard that the boys at NJS have been threatened with the loss of their 717 Qlink contract if they do not agree to a CPI freeze for the next 3 years. This obviously follows on from the negotiations currently on the table with the Qtas 737 drivers.

HMMM, this might be a good time for 2 seperate pilot bodies to be of a like mind. With all of the "Brothers in Arms" talk that I see on this forum, it will be interesting to watch.

Enema Bandit's Dad
11th Oct 2006, 06:49
And just who do they think will replace them?

assasin8
11th Oct 2006, 06:52
There are a couple of A330 guys who didn't show up for their Jet* ground course who may be interested ?
Then again, maybe not.....;)

Whiskey Oscar Golf
11th Oct 2006, 10:21
There seems to be another branch of NJS who are saying the same thing about an AWA renewal. No CPI or one off %'s is a theme running throughout all new contracts . The ginger beers had a few drama's a while back with it too. Where did the 14 146 Pilots go from Feb?

SmallGlassofPort
11th Oct 2006, 20:57
I don't remember NJS guys ever having a pay rise apart from CPI. There wages have constantly been attacked though in recent history.

It kinda makes me wonder. In these 'hard' times for NJS what has been happening to management wages and bonus's. If they detailed their figures, and proved how much they have lost and or gained:} in the last five or so years, it might make it a bit easier for the boys and Girls to swallow.

Interesting times ahead for you.... tighten your belts, or ask politely for a pay rise;)

sprucegoose
12th Oct 2006, 19:54
An annual pay cut for the privilage of working for NJS. Haven't the 717 pilots aready taken a pay cut to fly the 717 AND fund the endorcement? Sad for the pilots involved as they haven't much of a leg to stand on.

cunninglinguist
17th Oct 2006, 09:16
Interesting that not 1 NJS pilot has commented on this, could it be that they are totally shell shocked ?
After the concessions they made last time, I know I would be.
As I used to tell my coleagues ( whilst bashing my head against a brick wall )
" They will just keep taking and taking " and thats all they did for the 12 years I was there.
Stick it up 'em Guys/Gals, who else are they going to get 2 fly the '9 now anyway?? either that or show them with your feet.:*

Roger Standby
17th Oct 2006, 09:21
SmallGlassofPort,

Don't you mean "loosen your belts and ask politely for a pay rise"?:uhoh: :ooh:

Chimbu chuckles
17th Oct 2006, 10:14
I get a daily investment subsciption email thingy...very interesting and non conformist views on various stuff. One thing I found VERY interesting in yesterdays email was "mr and mrs average have not had a real payrise since 1972".

This was in relation to mr and mrs average and their propensity to believe they are 'wealthier' now because their houses have appreciated so much on the back of, among other things, various central banks printing money at a vast rate and various commercial banks lending it out at a vast rate...two of the main factors in the coming housing meltdown...worldwide.:uhoh:

This is something I already knew...you only have to look at what 1 years wages bought in 1970 and compare it to what one years wages buys now to see mr and mrs average have been going backwards at a startling rate.

This is all thanks to Govts (all of them) in that time conspiring to cover up the real rates of inflation by only quoting 'the underlaying inflation rate' which is calculated from a basket of goods which doesn't include the biggest drains on net income...transport, food and house ownership....among other things.

As a result real wages having been going backwards at a rate of probably 5% for 30+ years.:mad:

Interesting that a house my father bought as a QF FO in 1970 for the equivalent of 1 years wages is now 'worth' 2/3rd of GD's last bonus....and about 22 years of a QF FO's wages.

Think about that!!!

Crossbleed
17th Oct 2006, 12:40
Yeah, and I'll bet he could fill up the VK for a lot less than 20 bucks too!...:E :E :E

N2O
17th Oct 2006, 23:22
As a result real wages having been going backwards at a rate of probably 5% for 30+ years.:mad:

Company profits have bucked that trend. Profit as a percentage of GDP have increased since the early 70's, whilst wages have declined. There is a inverse relationship between wages & profits on the second chart Here (http://www.general.amp.com.au/display/file/0,2461,FI99842%255FSI56,00.pdf?filename=olivers_insights_091 105.pdf) [amp.com.au .pdf].
This trend cannot continue indefinitely. Corporations are trying to charge first world prices, with third world cost bases. Eventually wage earners in the first world will be unable to afford these prices.