PDA

View Full Version : JCB

Lord Henshingly Croft
10th Oct 2006, 09:08
Dear Chaps,I understand that JCB operate out of Eastmidlands with a G5 and a couple of S76s.Could anybody tell me what they are like to work for,package,pension and the general stability of the flying side of things.
Ta.

Green Cactus
10th Oct 2006, 20:10
What does (quote) "if you don't do what I want, you can leave" tell you?

EMA gossip
11th Oct 2006, 21:06
What do you want to fly the 76 or the 550? If you like working hard they will keep you busy. Word on the street is they have just got rid of their latest fixed wing chief pilot.... MW RIP

gulfstreamflyer2000
12th Oct 2006, 15:03
must read flight more often............ can only remember 2 ads in five years for fixed wing. Maybe I was sleeping the day it was in........:zzz:

JB10
12th Oct 2006, 17:17
From what I hear they only take on captains, no F/O's:*

NutLoose
12th Oct 2006, 17:43
Have had about 4 Gulfstream captains in as many months, rumour has the first officers main job is air hostess..... treated one of their Engineers in everyones eyes dreadfully, leaving one to carry on alone, eventually collapsing with stress............. Chief Helicopter pilot and operations manager left...... sacked another Engineer after accident when rather than use one of their well known products they managed to demolish part of a building with the Gulfstream 550. "Returned" their JAA 145 approval... They main firm appears not to get its head round aviation and treats it all like a tractor facility.... New S76 due soon..

Have just moved into super new hanger facility... JCB family are well known as a ....................... their package I was told was very good, all the add ones, but you sell your soul for it.

EMA gossip
16th Oct 2006, 21:14
Hear another captain is on his way out the revolving door......

Left Boot
18th Oct 2006, 16:16
Don't know about Captain........ more like jumped up FO/hostie. Definitely he got what he deserved. Looks like things will settle down and they'll have a better work environment.

heliwren
18th Oct 2006, 16:31
For what everyone is saying it's a shame the JCB management didn't see through his games. From what I've heard this so called Captain was soley responsible for stabbing his Chief Pilot in the back, so I guess he got what he deserved.
It's a small world - he better watch out :eek:

EMA gossip
18th Oct 2006, 22:10
Yup, the door keeps turning, another one left today....... suffering from stab wounds to the back apparently. Steer clear if you know whats good for you.:eek:

Left Boot
19th Oct 2006, 13:52
I hear that although he claims he was stabbed in the back he was the one weilding the knife. So much for unbridled and unethical ambition.

Stay safe out there. :ugh:

cooldaddy
19th Oct 2006, 15:30
Yup, the door keeps turning, another one left today....... suffering from stab wounds to the back apparently. Steer clear if you know whats good for you.:eek:

Spot on statement!! Shame hey! :D

heliwren
19th Oct 2006, 16:15

Stab wounds! I heard he was the one doing the stabbing.
What goes around, comes around! He'll be missed - NOT

cooldaddy
19th Oct 2006, 20:44
The idiot deserved to go by all accounts. Hope he won't be in GA anytime soon - Like never!

DTY 116.4
20th Oct 2006, 05:57
By all accounts, any stab wounds to this character are entirely self-inflicted.

alright_pal
20th Oct 2006, 15:13
How many of you slagging this guy off no all the details of the whole situation not many of you I'm sure..........or may be it's just mates sticking together.........:=

flightlevelchange
20th Oct 2006, 17:32
Hear Hear alright pal, totally agree,

Nice guy got stabbed in the back by others, all sticking together perhaps I agree

FLC

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
20th Oct 2006, 18:10
If this person has gone then that will be two in two weeks........ and three in a little over a month.

Three aviation managers in about ten months, including the one previously mentioned.

London Derriere
20th Oct 2006, 18:17
Capt F-R, wondered where thou art been?!

Lord HC, are you getting some bad vibes here? Are the words "touch", "don't", "barge-pole" and "with" spring to mind?

There's quite a few on here who do know all the details, listen to them.

Bearhunter
21st Oct 2006, 00:46
What a splendiferous shot in the foot:=

alright_pal
21st Oct 2006, 20:15
You joined Prune just to tell me that..........:D

checklist69
21st Oct 2006, 20:34
You joined Prune just to tell me that..........:D

You too, Pal?

:rolleyes:

Sir Hardly Worthit
21st Oct 2006, 23:03
How many of you slagging this guy off no all the details of the whole situation not many of you I'm sure..........or may be it's just mates sticking together.........:=

The trouble is, 'Pal, that this is a small industry and the truth will out. It is highly unlikely that the whole of JCB's flight department are rogues. I know some of those guys and they are well respected people. JCB's flight department has it's problems but they were never generated from within (except for those caused by the last person to leave). Now the cancer has been excised the body will cure itself. If the last guy to exit was stabbed in the back then he should have no trouble obtaining alternative employment.........we shall see!:rolleyes:

McHover
22nd Oct 2006, 01:09
Can I just reminisce to the days 16+ years ago when they had a positive and very supportive stance towards corporate aviation.

I'm afraid the names of the fixed (HS125) and rotary (109) pilots at the time escape me (was one of the Phil?), however I remember them as gents and pros.

Ahh..., the halcyon days...(?)

McH

alright_pal
23rd Oct 2006, 12:08
So Lord Henshingly Croft you still fancy a job here, maybe if you get one you can enlighten everyone about who sharpens and who throws the knives about that lovely clean hanger..........:ok:

London Derriere
23rd Oct 2006, 12:35
The trouble is, 'Pal, that this is a small industry and the truth will out. It is highly unlikely that the whole of JCB's flight department are rogues. I know some of those guys and they are well respected people. JCB's flight department has it's problems but they were never generated from within (except for those caused by the last person to leave). Now the cancer has been excised the body will cure itself. If the last guy to exit was stabbed in the back then he should have no trouble obtaining alternative employment.........we shall see!:rolleyes:
Careful!!!!!

The staff turnover just recently has been such that the last person to leave is not necessarily the one to whom you refer!

They're mostly a decent bunch of guys with a wealth of flying experience but forced into political games by their masters! The man management attitudes come from the very top (or maybe from his left?)

the only one
23rd Oct 2006, 16:00
Careful!!!!!

The staff turnover just recently has been such that the last person to leave is not necessarily the one to whom you refer!

They're mostly a decent bunch of guys with a wealth of flying experience but forced into political games by their masters! The man management attitudes come from the very top (or maybe from his left?)

Sir Hardly Worthit I've heard is spot on! Rumour is 'the last one to leave' was the one playing games and in the end justice prevailed. Had a taste of his own medicine!! :p Doesn't taste so good does it 'Pal'

gulfstreamflyer2000
23rd Oct 2006, 17:15
From what I hear the "shell" boys stuck together...... Lets hope denziel can pick up the pieces this time and not run off to Spain hiding from his responsibilities and leaving the engineer that was 160 miles away to carry the can for the wing accident.

EMA gossip
24th Oct 2006, 07:54
Careful!!!!!

Very true. The facts are that in the last twelve months they have gone through 2 fixed wing chief pilots, 1 helicopter chief pilot, 1 aviation manager, 1 fixed wing captain, 2 helicopter captains, 2 engineers, 1 outside auditor and "lost/returned" there JAR 145..........

Forget the gossip and make your own mind up.... :confused:

the only one
24th Oct 2006, 10:02
From what I hear the "shell" boys stuck together...... Lets hope denziel can pick up the pieces this time and not run off to Spain hiding from his responsibilities and leaving the engineer that was 160 miles away to carry the can for the wing accident.

:confused: I think you mean the ones with "integrity" stuck together. Bullies have no place in the workplace.

cooldaddy
24th Oct 2006, 22:58
Someone’s getting tetchy - Too close to the truth maybe! What a disappointment this guy must have been! :rolleyes:

Bearhunter
25th Oct 2006, 21:00
Pal......Gulfstreamflyer......NOT!

DTY 116.4
26th Oct 2006, 07:44
‘Pal, all this talk of sharp knives, back-stabbing and friends sticking together……

It is significant that this character tendered his resignation of his own freewill a few days before the Chief Pilot was fired and ultimately his resignation was accepted.

Nobody forced him to resign so who stabbed him in the back; his employer in accepting the resignation; his ex-colleagues, whether individually or collectively, in assuming that someone who resigns actually wants to leave?

Maybe he didn’t really want to leave at all; maybe the allegation that his resignation was just a tactic in a callous bid to usurp the CP is correct. If so he was simply hoist by his own petard. How unbelievably stupid that would be. Would his Mummy never have taught him the consequences of playing with fire?

the only one
26th Oct 2006, 16:29
Good luck job hunting :ugh:

Upland Goose
27th Oct 2006, 20:42
Believe me - the operation is cursed!

Mind you, sycophants are normally most welcome, however this time it back-fired big time.

Serving dinner with the floor at 20degs and your mate flying single pilot to the cruising altitude thro' busy European airspace, makes for an exciting career.

Thank God for TCAS and Altitude pre-select!

UG:p

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Oct 2006, 07:18
I was thinking of offering my services on a freelance basis, but I do not live 4.5 mins from the hanger.

Seriously, should I bother...????

Glf

Bearhunter
28th Oct 2006, 10:50
I was thinking of offering my services on a freelance basis, but I do not live 4.5 mins from the hanger.

Seriously, should I bother...????

Glf

Sadly, most of what you read from the balanced people is true. It is also true that sycophants have had and probably will continue to have credibility with the management.
If you know what's good for your health. Seriously don't bother....!!!

Sir Hardly Worthit
28th Oct 2006, 11:03
Upland Goose your information is out of date. I suggest you speak to the guys there as I have.

The scenario of which you speak used to be the case but MW changed many things before he was stabbed in the back by the individual who resigned (see above DTY 116.4). The former Chief Pilot made much progress and the operation was brought very much up to date. Indeed I'm told that all of the changes he made have remained which includes the use of flight attendants and a workable roster.

Don't condemn the flight department because of managerial myopia. As I have said before those guys remaining are well respected and experienced people. The subversive sycophant has resigned and the future looks bright for the operation ........ assuming the management continue to listen to expert advice.

Give the remaining guys at JCB a break and the support to continue improving their lot. I would have no qualms freelancing for them.

Good luck guys :ok:

HW

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
28th Oct 2006, 15:33
Sir HW,

The inadvertent irony at last post of yours makes me smile quite a lot, as it will at least one other poster in particular. :D

P.S. Is it possible that any of the actual folk concerned or involved might read this, as well as the ones who "know them or have spoken to them"? :)

P.P.S. Anyone seen a dog? ;)

paco
28th Oct 2006, 16:23
McHover - was it really that long ago?

The late great John 'Chalky' White was Chief heli Pilot way back in the mid-80s and I helped him out for a while (he never did tell me which way he came in :)).

I believe he was replaced by Ivor Jones. Dunno what happened after that.

Phil

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
28th Oct 2006, 16:33
McHover - was it really that long ago?
The late great John 'Chalky' White was Chief heli Pilot way back in the mid-80s and I helped him out for a while (he never did tell me which way he came in :)).
I believe he was replaced by Ivor Jones. Dunno what happened after that.
Phil

Maybe you lost your memory after that, LOL? It was Ivor Johnstone, not Jones ;)

Of course, there has never been a pilot since anywhere near as good as Chalky White.

paco
29th Oct 2006, 01:06
I knew it was Ivor - something!

Sounds like it's not as much fun as it used to be? Of course, now the kids are grown up and don't all fit in the helicopter at once it must make for more trips. I must say I always found Mr JCB (both of them) quite reasonable, but they didn't get involved in domestics. Now Alton Towers - that was a different story!

Phil

Bearhunter
29th Oct 2006, 08:10
Word is out on the street that PAL has secured itself a position with JCI on the Steel Magnet Contract. EGGW. Watch behind Peter and Colin!!!! :E B.

Sir Hardly Worthit
29th Oct 2006, 08:42
Art, quit the dog-napping, it doesn't pay well.;)

Good luck with your new aircraft.:ok:

HW

McHover
30th Oct 2006, 09:34
Of course... Chalky White...

Thanks Phil for the memory jogger, it was a pleasure to have met and flown with you guys back then.

McH

paco
30th Oct 2006, 11:40
Refresh my memory, then! :)

Phil

Itswindyout
31st Oct 2006, 06:57
Just received an application form for JCB, the big question I am having trouble with is: Why do you want to work for JCB. ?

Bearhunter
31st Oct 2006, 08:39
Just received an application form for JCB, the big question I am having trouble with is: Why do you want to work for JCB. ?

Fixed or Heli same answer.

Upland Goose
31st Oct 2006, 19:16
Sir Hardly Worthit
I am sorry that the gist of my comments missed the mark! The guys that remain have so much to offer - I just hope that things go well for them all.
As for MW, I have known him 30 years, he was a great guy then and still is.
It is true, I am out of date - as of the 30th of June to be exact!
Life goes on elsewhere of course, and that parcel of loyalty we all have within us can be difficult to dispel but the reasons for leaving the feast are still present for some of us!
Doors to manual!
Good luck to the operation!
UG :{
P.S Art - the Pedigree Chum is on offer at Tescos this month - life's a bitch! Or certainly used to be anyway. Doors to automatic!
UG

Bearhunter
31st Oct 2006, 21:28
Kind words-Jason King-HP7. B

gulfstreamflyer2000
31st Oct 2006, 23:12
Pal......Gulfstreamflyer......NOT!

sorry bearhunter but I'm not pal.....

Have to agree with upland goose, some good guys there and others from days gone by that sweated blood for the place. Hope life on the rock is good, don't suppose you found any dogs there?

Sir Hardly Worthit
2nd Nov 2006, 07:43
Sir Hardly Worthit
I am sorry that the gist of my comments missed the mark!

Sorry UG, I am being slow again. It's the advancing years and the constant ear battering from THE passengers! :ugh:

Your were correct in your synopsis of the infight madness and it's still an ongoing battle that is slowly being won. Should be a lot easier for them now that the subversive element has departed. Mind you I believe that the exodus from the feast is continuing!!!

Finally, I agree, MW is a fine chap and I would work with him anytime.

Regards and speak with you soon.

HW

NutLoose
5th Nov 2006, 22:24
I do feel that all the in house problems have done the company no good whatsoever, where as before they had a loyal crew, remember some of the Engineers had been therefore over 20 years........ the result now with the high mortality rate so to speak is that the loyalty has gone, an employee of 20 years plus isn't likely to pack up his bags and dissapear over the horizon at the slightest upset as he has to much to lose and is settled in the area. Hats off to the ones that have stayed, they know who I mean.

On the other hand a new member of staff entering through the companies revolving door is just as likely to carry on going round in it until he is breathing fresh air again......... you no longer have a turnover through natural wastage but one where a new member of staff entering the company is probably well aware of the situation or soon will be and is feeling the water so to speak, if it is tepid or not to his liking he will chose to dip his toes elsewhere.

Having seen the way they treated some members of staff and the effects on others, personally I would rather of had a lobotomy than work there... soul intact.

I did hear a rumour one of the new people due to join the company has decided to now decline the offer? any truth in that one?

Bearhunter
22nd Nov 2006, 20:08
:} I understand it was 2. Both Engineering. One was to be manager , other was to be 76 Eng.
BH.

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
25th Nov 2006, 12:20
So the company is perhaps now finding that they have an "individually severe" shortage of suitable applicants? Hope they sort that soon for the benefit of those still holding the torch.

Sadly, the company is perhaps only reaping what it has been sowing for some time; it's a small world.

thedemolitionman
25th Nov 2006, 21:42
its a real pity JCB have been unable to find or keep S76 engineers. :E

however i do hope things get sorted out for the guys working and flying from the hangar.

Now fully licensed and back in the Army running mobile repair team. less hours, more money, job satisfaction and less chopper washing.
Settled in Uttoxeter.
Member of the Caterpillar fan club.:ok:

Dont drive tugs!:uhoh:

love hugs and kisses! Tally Ho!

NutLoose
26th Nov 2006, 15:06
Glad to see it worked out for you, for what its worth T**y will in all likelyhood be returning back to his Old Hangar working for a Different company based at East Mids, who are moving into it I believe when the roof is sorted.. He is happy with life now away from the company

u are better out of it.

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
26th Nov 2006, 15:23
I wholeheartedly agree with Nutloose and wish you (and all the rest) very good luck in the future!

I'm also very glad, to misquote that famous old poem, to have "slipped the surly bonds of earth.........movers" :ok:

Bearhunter
27th Nov 2006, 20:43
For all those who may wonder there is life outside the company.
I just heard from a friend that the management are making efforts to be nice at the moment. I wonder why? And how long can it last?

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Nov 2006, 20:44
Does anyone know if they need freelance Gulfstream crew. Rated and available. Glf. ???

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
28th Nov 2006, 20:41
Any good at towing? :}

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Nov 2006, 22:45
I am more of a trucker.....but a job is a job....

London Derriere
28th Nov 2006, 23:12
Art E. is referring to a "little local difficulty" involving an expensive aeroplane being towed back into a hangar with not enough people to help the driver reverse park! You can guess the rest but the resultant fall-out was possibly the cause for a few of the "rumours" that are written on here!

NutLoose
29th Nov 2006, 11:02
Art E. is referring to a "little local difficulty" involving an expensive aeroplane being towed back into a hangar with not enough people to help the driver reverse park! You can guess the rest but the resultant fall-out was possibly the cause for a few of the "rumours" that are written on here!

It was being pushed out of the Hangar actually as it would not fit in the hangar they had, so it was nosed in for work but it used to live outside, I do have some pics somewhere of the damage if I haven't deleted them...

thedemolitionman
29th Nov 2006, 13:53
I take it that you are refering to the accident that my husband was fired for .Only two people know the truth as to what really happened that day.My husband is an exceptionally good engineer and is definatly better off away from jcb.Shame the real truth never came out.Bitter?You bet i am.My four children now live without their dad.

London Derriere
29th Nov 2006, 14:22
Yes, that is the incident to which I refer. I think a couple of people were treated appallingly over that matter and, for a number of other staff, was perhaps the nail in the coffin in their decision to leave JCB.

I’m pleased you’ve come out and told the truth about your husband and I’m genuinely sorry for your circumstances. Perhaps your post might make some prospective employees think twice about working for them.

Most large companies these days have an enlightened attitude to man management and recognise that their workforce is their best asset and without a good and loyal workforce, the business would be nothing.

But not Sir A; he believes that his company’s biggest liabilities walk onto the shopfloor each morning and comes from the “Cartwright kicking down the mill door” school of personnel relations.

thedemolitionman
14th Dec 2006, 20:48
I am glad that it was you that said that, not me,they would be asking for their hush money back.I wish that we had known about the high turn a round of staff before my husband agreed to accept the job.Moving my family away from their schools and friends was not an easy decision.Selling our house,We gave up everything for what we thought would be a lifetime post.There is a shortage of licenced techs ,infact my husband was offered work within 48 hours of leaving jcb,albeit contract but the pay was the same and at least he wasnt on 24 hr 7 day a week call out.How are jcb going to fool the next tech into risking everything? They are certainly not doing themselves any favours in the way that they treat their staff.How do they sleep at night?

Bearhunter
15th Dec 2006, 15:41
How do they sleep at night? I have heard that question asked before.
They tend to get a lot of sand in their eyes!!

markysharky
17th Dec 2006, 20:01
Hello Demolitionman,
sorry to hear about what happened & hope things get better for you.
In your opinion, are the problems with the way Engineering staff are treated likely to improve in the future (i.e. with the new managers)- or are things a bit too deep-rooted (from the top) for that?
Hope you don't mind me asking but I was very tempted to apply recently-but having spoken to an ex-employee (mentioned in previous posts) changed my mind immediately! but as there aren't too many Rotary Eng jobs in the East Mids area it's always good to know the score.......

NutLoose
18th Dec 2006, 02:10
Hello Demolitionman,
In your opinion, are the problems with the way Engineering staff are treated likely to improve in the future (i.e. with the new managers)- or are things a bit too deep-rooted (from the top) for that?
Hope you don't mind me asking but I was very tempted to apply recently-but having spoken to an ex-employee (mentioned in previous posts) changed my mind immediately! but as there aren't too many Rotary Eng jobs in the East Mids area it's always good to know the score.......

well it can't get worse.......... I do believe they had taken someone on but he then after hearing things about the place told them he was not coming......... I believe changes are in the air and things may improve, but as they say once you are swimming in SSSS it takes a long time to get rid of the smell.

Have you tried costock?

thedemolitionman
18th Dec 2006, 11:57
Hello Demolitionman,

Unfortunatlly in the short few months i was there i saw a lot of good and bad the good being a strong work ethic and willingness to chip in to get things done at all levels within the Aviation Dept. However this attitude led my downfall.
There was a severe lack of personnel while i was there 1 rotary engineer and 1 Fixed who was also doubling as chief Engineer in my opinion the mapower needs to be doubled as the hours were long and very flexible 55+ hours was not unusual. note (contract was for 39).
Management opinions don't count, Accidents become Gross Misconduct. 20 years served by fellow engineer counted for nothing. Main problems sit at the very top. belive top managment (HQ) scared to rock the cart in fear of losing jobs. :ugh: Very Autocratic. Be aware this position is quite high profile and very close to the family.
Also a large percentage of time is taken up with presentation of aircraft and Helicopters inside and out and by the way they are white.
However i did enjoy my time there and was prepared to stay for a long long time. Their loss!!!!!!!

367outbound
18th Dec 2006, 18:47
btw out of curiosity does anyone know how much they pay FOs and Captains??

markysharky
18th Dec 2006, 22:24
NutLoose,
many thanks for the info., no i've never applied to Costock as I don't have type ratings for their Helis- though I do now work with a Pilot who recently worked there though & speaks highly of them & I remember the Chief Eng from when he was an apprentice at Stapleford!

Demolitionman,
again many thanks for the info., I'm happy at the moment working for another company at EMA so don't really want to move (again) anyway.. but a quoted £16K+ increase on my current salary (if true) was at least worth looking into a bit more- however after hearing about what has gone on & how people have been treated I think the decision to not pursue it was right for the present time - after all everyone can't be wrong!

Marky

NutLoose
19th Dec 2006, 00:24
New Hangar also has a reputed 10 plus close circuit cameras installed and all linked live to the tractor factory, so big brother is watching you all the time........................................ sounds like paranoia in the extreme.....

thedemolitionman for what its worth, do not paint every civilian company with the same brush, they are not, I worked very close by to you and for what its worth we all thought you were treated very very poorly to say the least, Accidents happen and we have all been there, what they did was totally wrong, both to you and your family......... RW still has not forgiven them. Most companies especially family run ones will bend over backwards to help, again been there... I am afraid you picked the one company where the owners remind me of something I stepped in, only far less pleasant..........

One day with luck the B**f**d family may end up on a desert island stranded with and relying on a couple of their employees and I do hope it all comes back in their faces.........

Left Boot
21st Dec 2006, 13:40
New Hangar also has a reputed 10 plus close circuit cameras installed and all linked live to the tractor factory, so big brother is watching you all the time........................................ sounds like paranoia in the extreme.....

Sounds like s**t stirring to me, Nutloose.

Bearhunter
4th Feb 2007, 22:54
Got the job yet?
BH.

Lord Henshingly Croft
17th Feb 2007, 10:55
Hi Currently on a contract and shortly coming to an end,and I have been told that there is new managment at JCB have things become better since the new managment?
:cool:

Bearhunter
4th Mar 2007, 09:48
The door keeps turning!!

Bearhunter
4th Mar 2007, 11:17
Yet another!!! That's 6 losses in 8 mths.

Lord Henshingly Croft
7th Mar 2007, 12:20
Thank you,can you be more specific?And have things got better?

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
3rd May 2007, 06:28
The oil can for that door hinge is out yet again? :rolleyes:

EMA gossip
10th May 2007, 09:03
And turning and turning....... Thank god they use shell oil......:}

alright_pal
20th May 2007, 19:34
so what happened this time then,,,,,, someone else get it in the back:=

Bearhunter
21st May 2007, 12:39
The Knifeman has moved south and is believed to be lurking/working somewhere near Verulamium.:E

EMA gossip
27th May 2007, 09:54
I hear one of the Heli pilots had a bad car accident.:eek: I´m sure everyone will want to wish him a speedy recovery. Get Well soon Paul.

As for the door it keeps turning...... One of the contract heli pilots this time.....

Bearhunter
31st May 2007, 16:47
....Now 7 in 10 months. Wait for the next Flight International ad!!!:}

Bearhunter
13th Jun 2007, 23:17
The pooch told me it didn't like the missed approach!! "Also the boat trip makes me feel sick. Can't I just go direct next time?":}

Herr Reisen
5th Jul 2007, 09:43
I understand that the Company could be looking for G550 drivers. Have things improved?

EMA gossip
8th Jul 2007, 16:51
I hear that bets are being taken on whether the Ops Director will last the summer season.............. :uhoh: Looks like the safety pins have been removed from the ejection seat..... Bet wishes he was back at the bucket and spade job.

Where can I place by £50? Anyone give me evens? :E

NutLoose
9th Jul 2007, 01:11
I believe the US Military may be coming to the Aid of the JCB empire and I quote from the link below :E

Boeing has confirmed officially it is offering a derivative of the Gulfstream G550 ultra-long-range business jet for the US Navy's Broad Area Maritime Surveillance (BAMS) programme, against competition from the Lockheed Martin/General Atomics Mariner and Northrop Grumman RQ-4N Global Hawk unmanned air vehicles. Details of the bid will be unveiled at the show. The BAMS G550 will be able to operate unmanned or manned, and Boeing's bid is expected to emphasise the aircraft's speed, reliability and payload capacity compared with the competing UAVs.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread287694/pg1

Perhaps one just now needs to figure out how to teach the family to pour their own cups of tea and serve their own sandwiches :hmm: BAMS would tie in nicely with the family name too don't you think :8

Herr Reisen
9th Jul 2007, 21:40
I guess the last 2 posts say they haven't. HR.

NutLoose
9th Jul 2007, 23:03
Ignore mine, to be honest it appears to have gone quiet over there..... :)

ewe.lander
12th Jul 2007, 08:22
:ok: Until now you have bored me....... but thanks for the thread above.
I formally accept your bet of £50 on the possible demise of the JCB Ops Director.
Lets say he has to stay until 01 Nov, thats a more than generous definition of the end of summer. You decide where our 2 x £50 are to be held, perhaps in EMA passes & permits or ATC, but somewhere neutral.
As I wouldnt be so low to make a profit out of a fellow Aviation professional my winnings are to be donated to the local Air Ambulance. In the highly unlikely event he doesn't stay I will gladly give you the £50. Fair enough??
Oh, by the way,the JCB team are a cracking good bunch, and your comments are never seen by the people you perceive as the problem - only the coalface. So some of them would also like to match your bet... are you big enough to honour the bet?? Just think of the good the extra money will do for the underfunded Air Ambulance team. What a good idea of yours goss..... :D

Sir Hardly Worthit
12th Jul 2007, 09:48
EMA Gossip, I too accept your challenge.

I will match your £50 so I guess now you stand to lose £100. I suggest we stand by Ewe's suggestion and allow the proceeds to go to the Air Ambulance, a far more worthy recipient than yourself. I await your reply with interest. Are you ready to back up your "so informed" opinion!

I too hear things have changed for the better at JCB. Whilst the owners may be as quirky as before the department has been completely overhauled and will be a desirabl place to work. I suggest anyone considering working with the flight department contact those guys directly instead of taking the annonymous advice of a disgruntled and ill-informed few. You can always decline their offer if you find these rumours to be true.

Fly safe

Sir HW

captain conehead
12th Jul 2007, 15:48
:p Anything that supports the underfunded Air Ambulance gets my support! I know the Ops Director in question, he's a star.

I match your bet of £50 - just need to know where at EMA to deposit it, hey gang this is developing into a worthwhile thread for a worthwhile charity... lets hope EMA gossip stumps up.....:E

hudjunkie
12th Jul 2007, 18:27
:eek:

Sadly lost all details of my 1999 registration so here I am with a new title,

Oh dear ema dross your sad little rants have been called, its funny how a disgruntled verbose individual can string out 5 pages of nothing.....:{ I too know the Director and Chief Pilot although am not conected with JCB, i have no doubt they are there for the long haul, haha no pun intended. Both chaps are stars and can only do a world of good at JCB. I would like to add my name to the list of Fifty quids to be held.

I see your bet you sad old monkey :ok:

ewe.lander
12th Jul 2007, 22:09
We've got a £200 bet against EMA gossip here...... all for the good of our Air Ambulance guys. Thanks HW, Capt Conehead (are you an ex-freight dog like me????) and Hudjunk (but are you an EVS freak??). Come on Goss, get your support team to match us and lets raise serious money here for a good cause. Let me know where we are depositing the money old chap........:D

EMA gossip
12th Jul 2007, 23:38
I hope the guy does make it through the summer. Good luck to all of the guys, they are not the problem. I'm more than happy to donate £50 to the Air Ambulance on the 1st Nov either way. I don't want to profit from this either. As you say more than a good cause. :D

DTY 116.4
18th Jul 2007, 18:23
Count me in, my £50 is also on the OD's survival. Where do I lodge my stake?

I trust Mr. Gossip has deep pockets!

DTY :)

Bearhunter
18th Jul 2007, 19:48
Most stuff seems to go wrong after the summer break. I guess that is because they have all enjoyed themselves so much! :}

Herr Reisen
17th Aug 2007, 15:07
The betting seems to have dried up!:E

ewe.lander
17th Aug 2007, 19:23
I know..... it's worrying me no end Herr R!! We have £250 so far on 'OD' lasting after Nov 1st (a very generous definition of end-of-summer, think you'll agree) and the 'EMA gossip' fraternity only have agreed to match the first £50!! Not much use to our Air Ambulance friends...... :*

Still, maybe EMAG will confirm he/she will honour all the bets on this??

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
18th Aug 2007, 20:05
Herr Reisen?
Are we related? :confused:

Herr Reisen
19th Aug 2007, 12:14
I have a brother-in-law Herr Lip. But I don't think any distant cousin with a double-barrelled surname. :}

NutLoose
20th Aug 2007, 18:54
There is a flaw in your cunning plan............... it's looking like Adios Air Ambulance as they have ceased to collect funds in the Leicestershire region and its rumoured/reported to have heard the call............ Go west Young Man................................

Bearhunter
24th Aug 2007, 12:24
When is the 550 due to be replaced?

ewe.lander
1st Nov 2007, 22:01
Evening EMA Gossip.....
I officially declare summer over, and can confirm the JCB Flight Operations Director is still very much in post. Could you therefore arrange to settle your bet and deposit the agreed £50 wager you had with me. The Air Ambulance people are briefed and expect the cheque made out to them, they will honour the complete confidentiality you would expect - just annotate the cheque with a 'sticky' as 'The JCB bet'. They will then post to the effect that the bet with me is finished - unless you want to post it.
Thanks, ewe :D

ewe.lander
2nd Nov 2007, 09:51
as you are 'EMA GOSSIP' you will know the Air Ambulance's address but just in case:-
The Fundraiser
County Air Ambulance
East Midlands Airport
Dakota Road
Castle Donnington
DE74 2SA
Airport extension 2989
Barbara apparently is the lady who will take the dosh.......:ok:

Bearhunter
4th Nov 2007, 01:13
AW must be mighty releaved also. It must be a strain at the top.:}

ewe.lander
6th Nov 2007, 18:38
:rolleyes:Come on fella.....honour the bet and pay up!!

(PS Bearhunter, maybe you can help the old chap out with the bet)

Bravo73
6th Nov 2007, 18:46
From EMA gossip's profile:

EMA gossip...................................................... .........Last Activity: 12th July 2007 23:38

It looks like the cad has done a runner, gents... :*

ewe.lander
6th Nov 2007, 19:37
Thanks for that Bravo, I'm not really suprised though, like the others who knock the team in the hanger at JCB its easy to snipe from behind the screen of PPRUNE. I did put a seperate thread entitled 'JCB Charity Bet' but the Mods wanted to keep it as it is for fairness. Shame EMA Gossip cant honour the bet. Thats a total of £250 that our friends at the Air Ambulance have been denied.
Ho hum..... luckily we have the sexiest Jet in UK doing a good job, eat my carbon footprint EMA gossip........loser. :mad:

Bearhunter
7th Nov 2007, 21:10
Sorry old chap don't know Gos!

Herr Reisen
9th Nov 2007, 22:41
You might have the sexiest jet in EMA. But you all must buy "Hello" so you can recognize the passengers. :E

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
27th Apr 2008, 22:48
I hear the engineer's oil can for the revolving door must be now nearly empty.... :eek:

London Derriere
29th Apr 2008, 20:13
Would that be engineer;singular or a misplaced apostrophe? :}

NutLoose
23rd May 2008, 11:47
One hears the Engineer oiling the door is the latest victim............

Bearhunter
28th May 2008, 16:28
Yes. It seems that he has gone down under yet another false allegation!
The revolving doors....:}

Freelance_uk
28th May 2008, 17:09
Is it true the G550 is for sale? I heard rumour it lost an argument with a wall, is this reflected in the price?

joehunt
28th May 2008, 18:20
Well it's the old story ain't it. Treat your staff like dirt then you get dirt in return.

"You reap what you sow."

ALTSEL
29th May 2008, 22:26
JCB= Earth movers...................................................... ..

NutLoose
30th May 2008, 00:43
JCB= Earth movers............................................ ............

Precisely, which made their choice of using a Gulfstream 550 to demolish part of their old oil store even more unusual..... ;)

It's just a shame the results of that and their actions leading up to it showed the company in its real light........ To the detriment of some fine Engineers and Pilots... Swings and roundabouts, one day they will rue the day they lost a lot of the good guys when it really counts...

London Derriere
30th May 2008, 06:59
one day they will rue the day

No they won't; I don't think the "family" even understand the concept that there is even anything possibly wrong with the way they treat staff - regret will not enter their radar!!

Herr Reisen
30th May 2008, 23:06
Have you ever heard the quote:
"Well if you don't like it, leave" ? - AB.
Regards, HR.:ugh:

London Derriere
30th May 2008, 23:25
Oddly enough, I have done! :} And leave, many the staff have done!!!

Staff turnover is a very high ratio there!!

Sir Hardly Worthit
15th Jun 2008, 20:24
I find it a little odd that most of the JCB thread seems to have disappeared! Are there sinister moves afoot? Does someone at JCB have direct input to the moderators? Are things not as impartial as we all believe?

So many questions and so few answers...............

Hmmmmm!

London Derriere
15th Jun 2008, 20:31
We all have direct access to a moderator. :rolleyes: Just pop a PM to them! Or hit the "report post" button.

Perhaps some of the comments directed at someone who was easily identifiable were held to be libellous? And we wouldn't want Danny to get into hot water, would we?

Duck Rogers
15th Jun 2008, 23:35
Spot on LD. As there have been a few personal remarks in threads lately I'll take this opportunity to explain/remind people of a few points.

Some people are under the impression that the internet affords absolute anonymity. It doesn't. If someone feels aggrieved enough to take legal steps there are ways in which they can force the owners and operators of internet forums to divulge ISP's and the like. If we (PPRuNe) can show that we operated reasonably and that the poster was wholly responsible for the libellous post (known as the 'It Wasn't Us, He Did It' defence) then they're on their own.

I would suggest that if anyone really wants to publicise the private life of another they have the option of setting up their own site and doing so. We don't need the grief that goes with it thanks.

NutLoose
18th Jun 2008, 11:49
Quote:
one day they will rue the day
No they won't; I don't think the "family" even understand the concept that there is even anything possibly wrong with the way they treat staff - regret will not enter their radar!!

Ohh I think they will, now they have go rid of their Engineers they will be left standing at the Airport, bags in hands wondering why their Jet can't fly due to some easily fixable snag to be told there is an Engineer on his way from Luton to have a look at it (two hours plus away by the time you sort out what you need) as they got rid of ones that have given them loyal and dedicated service .........

An Engineer travelling up from Luton or anywhere similar isn't going to (and no disrespect to any of them ) the same amount of dedication, urgency and drive as one that the plane "belongs to", so to speak. To them it's just a pain in the Butt as they have had to spend a couple of frustrating hours on the packed motorway to get there and are looking fwd to no doubt worse on the way home.. As well as being totally unfamiliar with the surroundings, set up and tooling in Faulty Hangers, so the job takes even longer..

Herr Reisen
8th Jul 2008, 11:29
Even the Gardener quit and flew off to Sir Elton's patch! :} "Telegraph."

Herr Reisen
23rd Jul 2008, 21:57
Has 5060 gone yet? :hmm:

NJTCF
6th Aug 2008, 20:30
G-JCBB Landed at EMA Aroung 9pm tonight. Direct Flight From SAV.:ok:

NutLoose
10th Aug 2008, 01:57
And the old one turfed back up a few days ago and has been dumped on the wash bay, rumour has it they can't shift it on at the moment, something about it having a damage history perhaps ?

Bearhunter
10th Aug 2008, 22:32
Nutloose. Have you seen the quality of the repair? I think my 5 year old could have done a better job! The market has collapsed however.:ooh:

NutLoose
10th Aug 2008, 23:35
BearhunterNutloose. Have you seen the quality of the repair? I think my 5 year old could have done a better job! The market has collapsed however.:ooh:

Same goes for the market for the JCB then ........Hear a lot of people at the factory are affected, If it just affected a single family then I would not mind, but unfortunately it's affecting those that could least do with it.:(

Lot of dead cash to have sitting outside rotting away nicely........ It's in good company with the 767..

merlinxx
11th Aug 2008, 07:18
Is all this something to do with the sooty bird that married into the empire, the bird who runs a shop selling all white stuff.

I remember the days of the 125 when JCB were held up as one of the very best examples of UK Corporate Flt Depts. Old J.C. would never have allowed this crap!

A very bad example for todays UK Corp Avtn scene.

Skycop
4th Sep 2008, 17:26
Any truth in a little bird singing out that the old revolving door has been spinning again?

baby hormones
10th Sep 2008, 09:27
Hi,

Don't suppose anybody know what rosters these guys are on?

Have not seen them recruit for a while.

Cheers

baby

the only one
11th Sep 2008, 10:06
Roster, you're having a laugh :ugh:

Herr Reisen
14th Sep 2008, 22:27
So who is it this time? :}

Bearhunter
20th Sep 2008, 17:14
The Only One. 'It's such a shame because it's a great job, great company'. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
I think maybe you're having a laugh now!:rolleyes:

the only one
24th Sep 2008, 10:15
Why all the fishing ALTSEL :confused:

merlinxx
24th Sep 2008, 20:43
You lot have been posting so much innuendo with no back up, why not write what you think/know. I knew/worked with the JCB operation of old, have no ctc now. Interested, OK bloody nosey!

Ballymoss
24th Sep 2008, 21:28
Old J.C. would never have allowed this crap!

You're damn right regarding Joey Bamford. It wouldn't have happened in his day. As a kid in Ashbourne, I lived nextdoor to a guy who had been friends with Mr JCB since childhood. He used to pitch up in his roller/bentley to take his old mate out for lunch.Met him once, briefly! The stories I heard from his friend of the JCB business bear no resemblance to what we have today.........but, that's progress

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

London Derriere
24th Sep 2008, 22:34
ALTSEL, may I refer you to post 128? There are such things as defamation laws and this forum is not as anonymous as some may think, hence the veiled comments and "innuendo".

Ask whomever you want to ask in private but you can't seriously expect people to "tell it as it is" without (justifiably) moderator intervention? Any such confirmations or denials of your suspicions are still opinion after all?

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
24th Sep 2008, 23:05
I would suggest the "troubles" go back a lot further than last January.

This thread has already been moderated and some inappropriate posts referring to certain individuals were removed.

If you want more info (second or third hand hand) why not pop round the corner, as you suggested yourself? :rolleyes:

Bearhunter
16th Nov 2008, 21:46
Looks like there is more 'trouble up mill'.

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
16th Nov 2008, 22:08
Well, it has been a while......... :)

Herr Reisen
30th Apr 2009, 12:57
Revolving door is spinning up again!

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
30th Apr 2009, 13:34
I'm disappointed. I was talking to the Chairman only this morning and he never told me about this. I only know it can't possibly be me....

Herr Reisen
31st May 2009, 20:53
They have just recruited another ex-airline guy for the 550. On Initial now. It seems that they appear to be the only ones who are able to hold down the position!? :}

Flypiripiri
8th Jun 2009, 11:14
Does anyone know if this aircraft is now fully crewed or have the contact details of who to send a CV to?

Bearhunter
10th Jun 2009, 22:40
Lucky to have any pilots!
To my knowledge they have lost 10 pilots in the last 2 1/2 years.:E

Deep and fast
11th Jun 2009, 09:46
Are they taking on unrated fo's then? If so what's the package and t and c

D and F

learjet50
15th Jun 2009, 17:55
Hello

I Know several Pilots who were employed by JCB

They were all treated like sxxt

The JCB family are just rude they expect Plilot to be like Factory workers

They deserve what the get

Hopefully no Pilots and they have to travel by scheduled flights

They have lost many Pilots very loyal Pilots due to there attitude

I would not buy a JCB Digger to give the family money

Hope they can go back to Man Managemet school and realise Pilots are not ****e which Is what I Ithink do

I Know there are Pliots out there who will take the Job

God forbid

I will say no more

merlinxx
15th Jun 2009, 18:36
When the Old Man was there, no probs, tis that bint with the shop that's the prob:=

RAFAT
17th Jun 2009, 04:11
I was going through a selection process when Mr JCB passed away, and the aviation department at that time looked solid and content. I got the job, but unfortunately the position was 'deleted' the following day when the Son & Heir announced a 10% reduction of the worldwide JCB workforce.

Reading this thread I was perhaps fortunate, although I was gutted at the time!

Bearhunter
31st Oct 2009, 23:18
I hear that 5060 was sold last week. Somewhat less than the asking price!
Its a buyers market at the moment.:hmm:

cooldaddy
6th Nov 2009, 12:38
What a shame!

I hear another moth has found the attraction of light in distant pastures. That revolving door again!

gazbert
6th Nov 2009, 13:08
I hear that 5060 was sold last week. Somewhat less than the asking price!
Its a buyers market at the moment.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gif

It's now N143G (http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=143G).

markysharky
30th Dec 2009, 17:18
How are things these days in the Rotary world?.......

Bearhunter
20th Aug 2010, 23:01
How is all at the funny farm? :E

Chuck Spanner
26th Aug 2010, 03:39
Quiet in here, isn't it. Maybe it's because all the professional pilots have been shoved through the revolving door?

learjet50
26th Aug 2010, 11:44
Via the revolving door

Oh yes more than once and I am sure told SAY Nothing

Bearhunter
19th Apr 2011, 15:29
Just heard today. Steg has chucked in the towel!! It starts again.:E

jungle drums
19th Apr 2011, 23:21
Well,

If they were smart, they would be chasing HH to give him his job back.....

But they are not smart.

Savannah Jet
20th Apr 2011, 09:10
I read this thread with some amusement, although I work for ATC and corporate aviation is just a on-the-side interest of mine. Always good to hear what goes on (allegedly) in the corp flight ops depts worldwide.

Apparently a Global visited Luton at the end of Feb 2011 on a QTR from Dorval, and reportedly had the reg G-GJCB under it's C- number. (Though I think this may already have been used on a Hawker).

However, I also heard on reasonable authority they have an early G650 del position.

No doubt there are people on here that know more than I, but I thought I'd throw it in.

Cheers

Chuck Spanner
20th Apr 2011, 10:50
I doubt that HH would want the job although he would do it extremely well. I'm not sure he'd want to work with what remains of a destroyed flight department.

I hope whoever will be working with the outgoing incumbent has a stab-proof vest!

DTY 116.4
20th Apr 2011, 15:20
Well done Steg, you are to be congratulated!

For one of your unquestioned qualifications and abilities, to have stayed in post for over four years is a truly remarkable achievement.

Good luck with your next venture and and may you there be afforded the same treatment as that which you bestowed on those so privileged to have been subordinate to you in your present one.

One wonders who RV could possibly pluck from the hat to succeed such a class act.

DTY

Bearhunter
20th Apr 2011, 20:33
Look out Steg! From my experience 'What goes around comes around.'
The industry will be waiting to see where you pop up next.
Go back to the Airline.:}

BIG//40/FL260
26th May 2011, 15:18
So which lucky operator's bagged the Steg then?

BIG

Sir George Cayley
26th May 2011, 22:15
Title says it all.

Wadyaherd?

SGC

Rusty Trombone
27th May 2011, 08:37
So Movement again at the Tractor Flight Department, things where so quiet for a period of time it looked like everything was indeed on track.

Well as the other flight department just down the road has there GV up for sale there may a opportunity for someone there to come and show how a real flight department should be run.
Some say its like watching Ballet unfold when the Team L are together and the aircraft runs like a well oiled machine.
May be junior could join the dancing digger team and also work the burger bar at the county shows. :eek:

BIG//40/FL260
27th May 2011, 19:50
Woodford? Surely not. Is there still a viable airfield there? There can't be much to do there other than stack shelves at the Poynton Morrisons.

BIG

learjet50
27th May 2011, 20:13
NO NO NO

They are using JCB s to Dig up the Airfield to Make way for some Nice Houses

Question

Who would we all like to see

1/Buried under the Houses

2/ Driving the JCB s at the Burial service

There would certainly be lots of voulanteers for No 2 and I Think there would be even more nominees for No 1

My odds would be Mr and Junior L in a comunial Plot

Food for thought this Bank Holiday

Greetings to all

Dawdler
27th May 2011, 20:23
Just as an aside and nothing to do with the discussion really. One Thursday evening in the 1980's as we were packing up the Royal Show, we were treated to a magnificent display of aerobatic flying by the JCB helicopter. I never found out who it was nor whether it was "offical", (It was after the show had closed). I did wonder about the proximity of Stoneleigh to the flightpath of Coventry Airport, (which was busier then than now). I also wondered if he retained his licence ( or perhaps he had already lost it, (Like the guy who "buzzed" the tower at Coventry some years later).

Anyone remember?

Direct BAMES
27th May 2011, 21:55
Poynton, hey? I'd heard that the Brookside Garden Centre was looking for someone to run their miniature railway...

DTY 116.4
27th May 2011, 23:01
I wonder if the clue might be in Dobbie's new address in Berkshire. Perhaps he's positioned himself to jump easily into whatever position his master makes available to him.

DTY

Chuck Spanner
28th May 2011, 13:23
Miniature Railway? Dobbie couldn't run a Hornby trainset. Anyway, Dobbie was a hapless servant who had to do his master's bidding. This guy is Voldemort because he leaves a path of waste and destruction behind him, of which he is well aware.

Take heed all those who think they can control him!

Lootless coot
29th May 2011, 07:29
So which Flight Department is the 'DFO' going to rip the heart out of now? (Or hopefully he's moving away from Aircraft?) At least the Boys & Girls at the JCB Hangar will now get their smiles back........:O

DTY 116.4
29th May 2011, 16:44
Chuck, I think you've missed the point.

Those of us who know the Steg know him as the consummate professional airline pilot, hugely experienced after many years as a popular and well-respected management pilot at Thomas Cook.

After leaving the comfortable environment of the airline he joined JCB where he set himself, or was set, the task of reforming the Aviation Department which he perceived to comprise gash and unprofessional GA personnel.

In this task he has demonstrably succeeded and rather than 'waste and destruction' he has efficiently excised the perceived cancer that was the GA old guard and has invested in crafting a new highly dedicated, motivated, experienced and professional team from his old airline chums.

His work now done at JCB I'm sure he'll be highly sought after to repeat the process elsewhere.

Well done Steg and good luck.

Bearhunter
30th May 2011, 10:24
Luton is the rumour. 2 aircraft. Type unknown.:}

Chuck Spanner
31st May 2011, 04:27
DTY 116.4

Hitler thought he had the final solution, too ....

jungle drums
31st May 2011, 05:17
I will rise to the bait -

Some friends that worked there I truly resent you referring to in the second hand to as gash GA. Many of them tried very hard, truly professional, and were very undeserving of such a label.

But then upon reflection I find your posts better to read when I take your comments as they properly should be read - as a deeply subtle and humorous satire of this individual's reputation, abilities and integrity...

I hope, for your sake this is the way they were written.

Pity the next people that have to share a flight deck with him. Watch your backs..

Victorian Dad
31st May 2011, 14:06
So there is more than one Hitler in the east midlands?

merlinxx
31st May 2011, 18:04
There once was one a FAB also:ugh:

ewe.lander
31st May 2011, 18:14
Ah DTY 116.4?! Give us a radial to go on.........

every little helps..... as they say :cool:

Bearhunter
28th Jun 2011, 07:49
Yes it is confirmed. Off to Tesco Luton. How much destruction can be inflicted there?

DTY 116.4
4th Jul 2011, 12:57
Tesco at Luton, you say. Well that's a bit of surprise! Quite a career change my old Stegasaurus. I'd have thought a bespoke little fine food emporium somewhere like Tarporley would have been more up your street - loads of tasty pies. And I didn't know you had any experience of the supermarket business though come to think of it such a mere detail hasn't been a hindrance before.

Onwards and upwards Steg, if Phil Clarke can make it from shelf stacker to CEO so can you.

Good luck!

Lootless coot
5th Jul 2011, 21:19
well to be fair daventry, he'll be better stacking shelves than trying to fly a S-76...............:hmm:

learjet50
5th Jul 2011, 22:13
Sir

Could you please confirm your comments re Phil Clarke re Shelf Stacker to CEO

If its the same Phil Clarke I Know this is a very offensive remark about him and as far as I concerned not required

Maybe I am reading this all wrong but could you please let me know

PM me if u wish

Gerry

x NEA

G-SPOTs Lost
6th Jul 2011, 18:34
Gerry

A Phil Clarke is the new CEO of Tesco.

Nobody is referring to the Lear driving bearded Zak Dingle Lookalikey residing in the Channel Islands....

Was chatting to him last week, he's definitely not running Tesco although his salary is similar....:ok:

learjet50
7th Jul 2011, 21:38
There is no way the CEO of Tesco can earn as much as Zak in Jersey
Please give him my reagrds next time you speak to he

Regards

Gerry

Lootless coot
16th Jul 2011, 17:35
Now we've cleared that up.....

Is the erstwhile DFO stacking shelves or flying for Tesco's??

Hopefully it's the former, then we call all go and ask him where the marzipan is.........:E

Bearhunter
22nd Jul 2011, 15:33
Does he fly the 76 as badly as the 550 then? I thought he was supposed to be a fling-wing expert! :confused:

DTY 116.4
29th Jul 2011, 15:15
Is there any truth in the tale that his extraordinary abilities are to be put to good use at Tesco's in-house management training facility where he's to teach their potential high fliers the arts of good management and team leadership?

Bearhunter
4th Oct 2011, 09:43
Look out for the Steg and his feral associate! I wonder if Tesco knows it is being 2 timed? BH.:}

Chuck Spanner
6th Oct 2011, 05:40
They probably have no idea, Bearhunter. Like all cancers, they sneek in disguised as something else and do terrible damage before they are noticed. By the time you discover them it is too late.

The sooner Steg and his feral mate are "cured", the better!

NutLoose
12th Oct 2011, 06:24
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/466059-bae-woodford-sold.html

FLYER Forums • View topic - Woodford sold? Remains operational? (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73036)

They trialled the aircraft breaking business before using the Gulfstream and an oil store...

NutLoose
12th Oct 2011, 11:30
> News > Woodford site to be used as film studio - Place North West (http://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/archive/10259-woodford-site-to-be-used-as-film-studio.html)

Bearhunter
21st Nov 2011, 15:49
£42m lost at The Organic Farm and associated businesses since conception. Wow!! (Telegraph. Business News.)
Could have financed another G550 for that!!
Stick to making the yellow perils.
BH.

Art E. Fischler-Reisen
21st Nov 2011, 16:48
I'll bet that's made the earth move for a certain someone.
Must have been like pouring (mineral) water down the drain.......
Not many private companies can hold a (scented) candle to that sort of a loss. :oh:

merlinxx
21st Nov 2011, 20:48
Well she is a bit of a strange bint:ugh:

The Grey Man
9th Dec 2011, 15:26
Is JCB currently looking for pilots or is it a pretty closed shop?

Victorian Dad
10th Dec 2011, 11:39
From my understanding the Revolving door has spun yet again and accepting new recruits at the tractor factory.
For all who try its possibly OK for a while, however if your thinking of being the chief pilot or a captain its only a title you will be told and demanded what to do including attending the dancing digger party by the chief princess.

Ensure you know how to use the Jump seat and seat belts :ok:

The Grey Man
10th Dec 2011, 16:20
How many pilots do they employ?

Bearhunter
28th Dec 2011, 21:46
Should read : 'How many pilots have been employed?'

Beware - Only sycophants survive!:oh:

Jackdaw
10th Mar 2012, 09:15
Advertising again for G550 crew. What's the latest?

Sir George Cayley
12th Mar 2012, 22:07
Don't expect to be landing at Woodford. It's gone pear shaped if local rumours are to be believed.

SGC

Bearhunter
16th Mar 2012, 22:05
Jackdaw................Quite simply, more casualties. :hmm:

rrrs
17th Mar 2012, 13:21
Bearhunter. Your posts presented as fact are not verifiable and "quite simply" plain wrong. Perhaps you no longer have your mole in the department?

Embassy
17th Mar 2012, 19:43
You do have to laugh, bitter ex employees speculating wildly about simple recruitment! Bless!

learjet50
17th Mar 2012, 20:44
I think bearhunter knows a little more than you two about JCB

Watch this space and be prepared to eat your words

Time will tell

TOPFLIGHT
19th Mar 2012, 19:41
Can anyone in the know can let me know the what the T&C's are like at JCB for skippers...roster,time away,salary etc ? Thanks.

leaf hopper
16th Apr 2012, 10:34
Has anybody who applied heard anything yet? :confused:

Artifical Horizon
23rd Apr 2012, 12:50
I heard nothing apart from an electonice acknowledgement that my application had been received.

CaptainProp
23rd Apr 2012, 19:55
I know one, non rated, quite experienced guy who got a "Thanks but no thanks" back from them about a week or two after he applied. Not sure but I think that was about 4-6 weeks ago.

deltahotel
24th Apr 2012, 08:47
Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email 2 days after the closing date.

hval
26th Apr 2012, 07:17
Embassy,

You do have to laugh, bitter ex employees speculating wildly about simple recruitment! Bless!

Perhaps these people are not bitter, just telling the truth; perhaps these people have a right to be bitter.

Black Sheep One
26th Apr 2012, 19:24
Have heard nothing at all - some common courtesy wouldn't go amiss!

London Derriere
26th Apr 2012, 21:30
True ... but this is JCB where the "Cartwright-kicking-down-the-mill-door" style of man management prevails; where employees are considered liabilities rather than assets.

Black Sheep One
27th Apr 2012, 16:06
Perhaps it's a blessing not to have been picked, or even short-listed...

Bearhunter
16th Jul 2012, 16:59
Black Sheep One......I can assure you it was a lucky escape!! Look elsewhere if you wish to retain your dignity as well as sanity. :E

Herr Reisen
16th Jul 2012, 17:34
Bearhunter.....I concur. It was a painful experience being fed their poison.:yuk: