PDA

View Full Version : Tag Aviation

Gulfstreamaviator
10th Oct 2006, 06:21
I am hearing a rumour in the crew room, that TAG aviation decline to offer contractual holidays / vacation to their off shore based crews, because they are off shore.

If this is so, then, (if my memory serves me correrctly,) a large proportion of TAG crews are off shore based, does this suggest a possible recruitment drive, as the off shore crews resign.

Perhaps I would not wish to send my CV to a company that treats its assets in such a way.

Glf

BizJetJock
10th Oct 2006, 11:04
I don't know about TAG specifically, but their reasoning probably goes along the lines of "if you're only working half the year (2 on 2 off), then you don't need holiday as well!":rolleyes:

Silverspoonaviator
10th Oct 2006, 15:41
but from my limited experience a off period of 2 weeks or less does normally atteract a vacation period.

The EU employment law insists on a designated "vacation". but of course these contracts are not within the EU.

I am looking at a contract that is mth on mth off, and NO designated vacation. This is fine by me, but if they are talking 2 weeks off, and then trying to nibble at each end. then NO.

SSav