PDA

View Full Version : 2nd interview SIM

R2000/1830
9th Oct 2006, 17:56
I have a second interview coming in November, would you say that everyone going to it will have done a 747 sim prep prior to going to HK. Or will only a few? I'm doing it because I have never flown a jet but I was just wondering if I'm in the minority doing this.

rampvet
10th Oct 2006, 01:48
R2K:

Out of the 10 guys at my second interview, (DESO) I think only two or three had done B747 sim practice.
I did one hour at Coastal Pacific at CYXX and I'm glad I did. I had no jet time and no heavy airplane time so I felt I needed to get an idea of the speed and momentum of the machine. Gave me confidence going into the sim eval in HKG as well.
Several of the candidates I was with are already flying jets so maybe they didn't feel it was necessary.

Good luck!
RV

shroom
10th Oct 2006, 20:26
Just as a "by the way...":

I had my 1st interview last week (have to call in on Friday to see if I go on...keeping my fingers crossed...) and the two gentlemen who interviewed me told me that I could fly any available simulator, not necessarily the 747. While getting any sim prep is good prior to the interview sim ride, I'm not sure that focusing solely on the 747 is the best thing to do? Just a thought.

extreme P
11th Oct 2006, 00:08
If there is anyway for you to get the sim time do it. VERY important part of the interview.

Jaguar7777
11th Oct 2006, 00:53
You are talking about an investment of $1000-1500 to hire a B747 Classic sim for some prep.

Not much of an investment if you get in, and the time is GOLD if you have no jet time in particular.

I think it made all the difference personally.

Most of the applicants in my group had done some sim training too, about 2/3 i would estimate.

404 Titan
11th Oct 2006, 02:36
Your sim ride will only be in either the B742 or B744. It will "NOT" be in the Airbus or B777.

My advise is do some sim prep. You will most likely be advised in good time which sim to expect.