View Full Version : Crew hotel - Bangkok

noflow
9th Oct 2006, 02:27
Any recommendations for a crew friendly hotel? Will be a brief stay to catch early morning flight.

BANANASBANANAS
9th Oct 2006, 03:31
The Amari watergate is very nice. I have used it many times. Its about a 10 minute cab ride from Pat Pong (so I am told!). If you want somewhere even closer to the action I have heard good reviews of the Swisshotel but have never stayed there myself.

Can't help you with anywhere close to the airport as it has moved.:ok:

PIA747
9th Oct 2006, 05:11
I second Amari. PIA uses it, have always had a nice stay with them.

noflow
9th Oct 2006, 06:10
Have all operations been shifted to the new airport?
Looks like they retained the BKK identifier for the new one that I can't spell and came up with a new ID for Muang.

Not looking to be "close to the action" just a reasonably quiet comfortable room.

How is the new airport? Nice as Changi?

Nasi Lemak
9th Oct 2006, 06:28
I'd also recommend the Amari - good central location and used by several airlines. Check out the happy hours at Henry J Bean - the downstairs bar.

The traffic shouldn't be too bad very early in the morning but as the new airport has opened since I was last there I can't help with travel time.

jumpdrive
9th Oct 2006, 10:19
Amari
take it, its the best
have 2 options, the 1 in petchaburi or the 1 in sukhumvit
both ok, and close to everything

Chill
9th Oct 2006, 12:20
QR stays in the Amari Atrium (Petchburi), it's pretty good and has an easy route (straight up onto Rama IX expressway) to Suvarnabhumi (VTBS). There's a Novatel at the airport, but despite being new it's very expensive and the rooms are quite small (so I've heard 2nd-hand).

noflow
10th Oct 2006, 15:55
Thanks for the recommendations.
Hope to run across some of you in the hotel bar.

GlueBall
10th Oct 2006, 16:28
Dusit Thani ...right in the middle of everything. :p