PDA

View Full Version : Paedophilia OK?

Saintsman
8th Oct 2006, 21:43
In case you don't want to read the thread Its not okay!

I don't know if anyone saw 'Law and Order' on Channel 5 last night, but it was about paedophilia and the internet. I have to say it was very well done and it certainly made you think, especially when you have children of your own.

The story centred around a particular young girl who was filmed in some pretty horrific situations with the results posted for sale on the net. The police eventually found her and the man who was filming and taking part in the abuse was her father.

The father justified his actions by saying that he really loved his daughter and just because some people thought it was wrong, it didn't mean it was. He went on to further justify it by saying it wasn't that long ago that society wouldn't allow mixed race marriage and more recently wouldn't tolerate gays. With millions of people like him around the world (based on the internet demand), child sex would also soon be approved.

I know it was fiction but it certainly made me think.

Paedophilia is probably more common that people would like to admit and, given recent court cases, involves people from all walks of life. Could it ever be possible that it is tollerated?

I know that if anyone abused my girls I would spare no efforts in making sure that they never hurt another soul again. IMO, people who abuse children don't deserve to live but obviously the 'people' involved have other views.

With our European Human Rights laws affecting just about every thing we do these days, could it take someone like a paedophile judge (they have been caught) to challenge the law and argue that as it must be something in their genetic make-up that makes them like children, they are being discriminated against? Lets face it, if he was given a long prison sentence, what would he have to lose?

Its a horrific thought but that sort of thing wouldn't surprise me these days ( he would probably be given Legal Aid too :hmm: )

Put my mind at ease please.

G-CPTN
8th Oct 2006, 22:40
The 'age of consent' is an arbitrary figure. So is 'marriage' (an arbitrary arrangement). Different societies have varying opinions about what is 'right' or 'acceptable'. I believe that some states in the USA have significantly higher ages of consent than some other countries. There is no universal standard of what is 'right' or 'wrong'.
BTW I'm NOT inclined towards child-sex (or sex with animals), but it has been public opinion which has set the standards, so why might it not be public opinion that would alter them?
As an aside, is anal sex with WOMEN still illegal (in the UK)? It USED to be. Now that it is permitted between males, has it been eased for man-woman relationships?
Oh! - and I've never indulged in anal sex either.

G-ZUZZ
8th Oct 2006, 22:42
ummm... in that case, neither have I.

AcroChik
8th Oct 2006, 22:46
I 've not seen the television show you're speaking of.

However, this story is not entirely fiction. It is drawn from real events, save the child was a boy. His real father set up accounts to clear funds that enabled watchers to view his son engage in homoerotic sex acts on line. After some time, the father moved his son to Mexico and continued in the business from there. Other children were also involved. It was the son, himself, who went to the police.