PDA

View Full Version : final year uni project help please

pinns84
8th Oct 2006, 14:01
I am a student at Leeds University studying aviation with pilot studies and am currently working on a final year project developing a 5 year business plan for the expansion of an airline. We are looking at expanding as an airline that caters solely for business travelers. The project states we must fly to five continents. I am trying to get some statistics on current business trends as well as predicted growth. I would like to know where the most popular business destinations around the world are and which ones are growing or declining. Can you recommend anyone I should contact? I’ve tried looking through the CAA website for stats but had no luck, does anyone know if this sort of info on there? Any pointers would be gratefully taken.

Thank you very much

ryanair1
8th Oct 2006, 16:56
Hey - sounds like a great project to be working on - similar to mine when I was at UNI a few years ago. CAA website gives very comprehensive stats - apart from the business/leisure split. That info is usually only available by contacting the airlines or airports direct as the CAA will charge you for that info from themselves. The stats on the CAA site are under 'economic regulation', then 'statistics' on the menu left. You should be able to navigate once in, and find the stats you're looking for: trends, growth, pax, cap, aircraft utilisation rates etc etc. Best of luck.