PDA

View Full Version : Asian CCs (including wanabees)

ChocolatBabe
8th Oct 2006, 12:36
Maybe its a good idea to consolidate all the posts about asian airlines and asian CCs who may or may not be working with any asian airlines under 1 thread. :8

For that matter, does anyone out there know any asian by nationality who works for an international airline? If so, do u know if their CC experiences are unique as compared to their Western/ Caucasian counterparts? Hoping to hear something from anyone. :}

I wanna fly too!!

geetha
8th Oct 2006, 14:07
hi there...

there are many asians working for international airlines.
i hav two friends ( both indians) working for international airlines namely Gulf Air and Air France.both of them started without any previous work experience. its not ur nationality but ur personality and attitude towards this job that matters .

all the best:ok:

ChocolatBabe
8th Oct 2006, 15:27
hi geetha. :p good to hear from u again.
i totally agree with u. ideally, that should be the case. but some of my asian CC friends/relatives have some unpleasant experience not because of their nationality, but because of race just because they are not white or blonde. :(

I wanna fly too!!

TightSlot
9th Oct 2006, 11:55
No, guys, I'm sorry. Having a cultural and national specific thread is, in my view, inappropriate, for the following reasons:

I don't accept that "asian", or any other culture cabin crew are different - we are all the same species (human) - what is different is the company that we work for. Company specific threads are all over the forum.

Having an "asian" specific thread means that the door is open for every other cultural, national and special interest group to require access to their own distinct thread. Suddenly, this forum becomes something other than a Cabin Crew forum.