PDA

View Full Version : DanFly

soconfused
8th Oct 2006, 11:37
Hi Scandinavian people!

I'm looking at the EPST (http://www.epst.com) course who have recently made an agreement with DanFly in denmark to do their training. Was wondering if anyone has any information of experience with DanFly?

Thanks.

per098
31st Oct 2006, 15:31
I did typerating with them last year - belive me , I tell every one
NOTHING worked as it was supposed to
The deal was: price 115000 dkr and 6 weeks training ended up 200000 dkr and over 3 month of training + extra hotel and travel
Realy rude people (after you paid the money) , they said that if we did not pay the extra money they would cancel the program and they did not give a :ugh: about us. We had no choice but to pay.
Also as spice on the mashed potato the danish CAA had realy trubble with them and wanted to shut them down permanently.
I hope this will help you and others to chose other schools, if I would do it now with this experience in mind I would go to this school that do the sim part in Florida. I heard one had the typerating after 2 weeks. Of course a lot of selfstudy before.

737BBJ
1st Nov 2006, 06:07
soconfused,

Since marketing with links to commercial sites are not what you do on this forum, send me a PM and I will ty to put you on track.

assc
11th Nov 2006, 14:15
Dear Readers.

As the CEO of DanFly-Aviation i must admit, that it really hurts to see the things written about the Company. It's important that everybody get the information, that there was a former DanFly which do NOT exist anymore. I started up DanFly-Aviation in septemer 2005, and did NOT have anything to do with DanFly or the people involved in the old Company. DanFly-Aviation is a brand new Flight Academy, and the only thing in common with the former Company is a part of the name. Our organisation is very serious and professionel, and we only have the best instructors etc. We are really working hard on getting our Type Rating students in jobplacement after education, and yesterday one of them, among others, got job in Germany, and its only a few months ago he got his TR. Once again: Please note that DanFly-Aviation is NOT Danfly !! If any should be interested in further information please don't hesitate to call or write us. See www.danfly-aviation.com (http://www.danfly-aviation.com)

Best Regards
DanFly-Aviation

Søren Christiansen
CEO

I did typerating with them last year - belive me , I tell every one
NOTHING worked as it was supposed to
The deal was: price 115000 dkr and 6 weeks training ended up 200000 dkr and over 3 month of training + extra hotel and travel
Realy rude people (after you paid the money) , they said that if we did not pay the extra money they would cancel the program and they did not give a :ugh: about us. We had no choice but to pay.
Also as spice on the mashed potato the danish CAA had realy trubble with them and wanted to shut them down permanently.
I hope this will help you and others to chose other schools, if I would do it now with this experience in mind I would go to this school that do the sim part in Florida. I heard one had the typerating after 2 weeks. Of course a lot of selfstudy before.

albaek03
12th Nov 2006, 12:16
As a student in the “old” Danfly and now also a student in the “new” DanFly-Aviation ApS, I must say that the company has changed a lot since the old days . In the old company the organisation skills wasn’t the best, and that reflected negative on the students.
But this has all been changed with the new owner and also the new organisation of DanFly-Aviation ApS. As a student today, I am very happy to be a part of the new Flight school, and I think that the students today are very satisfied with the instructors and the management.:D

Regards

Dennis Albæk

Nick Figaretto
12th Nov 2006, 22:13
If DanFly Aviation has nothing to do with the late company DanFly, why the almost identical name?

Pedro1
13th Nov 2006, 14:59
I went a few weeks ago to visit Dan-Fly Aviation. I'm
due to start the EPST course in January 2007, so I thought
I'd go have a look at it.

I have to say, I was very impressed with the whole set-up. I
met Søren, and Michael (CFI), who were both great guys and
were very open about all the troubles the past company (DanFly)
had gone through. But as Søren says, the whole management has
now changed, and from what I saw, theyre making every effort
to prepare for the new integrated course. The facilities are all new,
and they are in the process of purchasing many new aircraft for the
training. The accomodation is located at the local Danish air force
base, and while basic, is more than adequate. Food is good too!

I understand the bad impression previous posters may have got from
the old company, but it really is a whole new start now. If I didnt
believe that, then I wouldnt be starting there in January myself!

If you need any more info, feel free to PM me.

POL.777
22nd Nov 2006, 21:14
Why not buy a lottery ticket with one of the RYR approved schools. They need lots of pilots now and in the future.... Fast way to fly medium jets.

per098
2nd Dec 2006, 15:08
I do not give much for that. The contactnames in the webpage are much the same as in the so called "old school" specially "the rude ones".

By the way, one of the "student" replys here is also one of the contactnames. :confused:

If anyone wants to go there anyway, even after all this warningsignals, yeaa, well - do so and good luck.(They are not the only ones providing typeratings).

Miles Above
11th Jan 2007, 15:45
Wow Per098 is right

Type Rating Coordinator
Dennis Albæk
[email protected]

You´re a type rating coordinator and also a student???!?!?! :confused: It´s not very wise to give good credits to a company you work for yourself. Only makes you less reliable if you ask me.

Please explain.

Pragmatic_Dragon
15th Jan 2007, 12:56
Just came back from visiting this "criminal" flight school, and agree with Pedro1's assessment.

I was told the following by Michael, the CGI:

Everyone who did have to pay extra for their type ratings were paid back.
Only one of the instructors from the old DanFly has stayed with the new organisation. The website has not been updated to reflect this.
The bankruptancy was brought about by a CEO, who abused his position and the school's finances.
Dennis Albaek is/was a student, but stayed on at the school as a temporary employee, because he had significant experience from a previous job that allowed him to do this one well.The last point was what I expected before talking with Michael, plenty of students work in flight schools, and it is not wise to take a black and white approach to his status, making the school sound dodgy.

The first type rating point may be a case of one versus the other, in terms of who to believe, but for my ab-initio training, I have seen nothing to worry me.

I'm due to start out there in June, on the EPST scheme, and believe that they are a completely different organisation to the old DanFly, and that there may have been some jumping to conclusions on this thread.

albaek03
18th Jan 2007, 01:09
The fact that I am the most discussed employee on this thread can only bring a smile to my lips..:)
But anyhow here is the explanation that “Miles Above” was asking for:

I have been working within the military environment for 12 years, the last 3 years I have been working within a NATO HQ being responsible for coordinating all NATO related training of our soldiers from 19 different countries, therefore DanFly-Aviation asked me to help with the B737 Type Rating coordination, and happily I accepted.
Next to my job as the Type Rating Coordinator, I am also doing the Integrated ATPL course with the new students from EPST.

“Miles Above”, you are welcome to contact me if you need a great offer on a B737 Type Rating.;)

If anyone has a question, please fell free to call me or send me an e-mail.

Regards

Dennis Albæk
Student/B737 Type Rating Coordinator
[email protected]

Pedro1
23rd Jan 2007, 13:12
We actually started the course a couple of weeks ago now, and I haven't had any complaints yet.

The instructors have been very helpful, good lessons and offered us help any time day or night. Don't really need it yet, but pretty sure I'll be using them soon. They're all great guys and willing to help us with anything we need. New aircraft are starting to come in, which'll be in time for the start of our actual flying. Living on the air force base is rather strange at first, but once you settle in, it's great to see the F16's overfly every so often and not worry about security! Soren's been very receptive to all our ideas and requests, which is good and bad. Good for us, bad for his wallet :rolleyes:

To be honest, I don't know much about the old DanFly, but as a current student of DanFly Aviation, I'm finding the level of teaching excellent, as well as the general infrastructure, which is ever improving.

ps. What Dennis says is true. He's in our integrated course with our EPST group, but as a DanFly student. I know this because he sits behind me in class and keeps cracking jokes when he should be studying ;)

Conan The Barber
23rd Jan 2007, 14:37
They pop up here, they pop up there. How dandy it is, they declare.

Perchance it is so.

Less people than user names, do we know.

Pedro1
23rd Jan 2007, 15:16
That is some beautiful poetry. I shed a little tear. :uhoh:

The amount of users is the same as the amount of people. The reason we're posting is that this thread gives a rather negative and inaccurate impression of the school. I have seen nothing since I came here that is in accord with the first posts on here. I think we all find it somewhat unfair to portray an opinion about a now defunct flight school, as current fact regarding a completely different school.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would post such positive comments if things were as bad now as they may once have been. And I doubt anyone associated with a school would create multiple accounts just to justify themselves on PPRuNe.

ikon
23rd Jan 2007, 17:41
That piece of poetry was indeed very touchy… :eek:

On 6th of Jan I undertook an integrated course done in cooperation of EPST and DanFly Aviation. So far so good! In my opinion the proficiency of the FTO is outstanding, everyone is very nice and willing to help 24/7. Not to mention the amount of extras we’ve gotten since the course started :D . I think the new DanFly Aviation crew is doing a great job. I haven’t seen the old DanFly but DanFly Aviation is a totally different story and I recommend that FTO to anyone! If you do have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

IKON

PicMas
24th Jan 2007, 13:41
I haven’t seen the old DanFly but DanFly Aviation is a totally different story

???

Very credible sources enriching us with their infinite wisdom.

ikon
24th Jan 2007, 16:16
???

Very credible sources enriching us with their infinite wisdom.

Dear PicMac

Having said "different story" is based on what I have been told by previous (old DanFly) students and than comparison with my own expierience so far. My point was not to enreach you with infinite wisdom but to make it clear that this FTO is very good. However, if you would like me to share my infinite wisdom with you, please contact me in private and I can promise that for a reasonble price I can find some time for you as well:E .
Again, I'm having a great time at EPST/DanFly Aviation!!!

Yours

IKON

PicMas
25th Jan 2007, 10:09
Didn't mean any offense, but honestly; how many other FTO's have you frequented? This board is full of hear-say and seriously lacks substantiated opinions and actual experiences.

As for paying for your wisdom, seems you are the one paying for wisdom at the moment.

I never intended to start a p!ssingcontest, maybe you should reread the comment I quoted you on, admittedly and taken out of context, seems odd doesn't it?

Regards

MAS

Conan The Barber
25th Jan 2007, 19:27
Many a new, or is it a few.

Not so, they proclaim. Yet strangely familiar it remain.

If poetry is close to your heart, remember the words of the Bard.

A ruse by any other name would still smell

PicMas
26th Jan 2007, 07:58
A ruse by any other name would still smell
"Even if you called it crapweed, or stenchflower?"
- The Simpsons