PDA

View Full Version : Are many Pacific Rim airlines hiring US pilots?

Ignition Override
8th Oct 2006, 05:47
We have quite a number of furloughed pilots who said "no" to the company's first recall. A very large number of revenue flights have been cancelled. Rumour has it about 200 had not enough Captains or FOs to operate.
I am simply curious (20 years seniority here on narrowbodies), because most First Officers, all highly-experienced, with whom I have worked lately would like to leave this company if they could. Almost all are about 40 or older. The pay is sharply reduced, along with benefits. It appears that many fuloughed pilots will not return. On the other hand, there is a very fortunate minority here who retired from the military and have two paychecks.

A former DTW Chief Pilot of a major US airline (NWA) is reportedly in charge of pilot hiring at Emirates in Dubai, but most of the growth (and/or turnover?) seems to be in Asia. I worked with a guy years ago who had supposedly worked at Cathay and met another who was with Eva (the FAA said that his Taipai 744 type could not be converted to the US type-rating! But an Aussie was allowed to convert his in L.A.!). On our jumpseat about four years ago we had a guy from Michigan who had flown B-737s in Korea and came back to the US and joined a freight airline.

NG_Kaptain
8th Oct 2006, 15:53
Try shearching PARC or HACS, they are recruiting for ANA subsiduaries in Japan. Hiring 737 and 767 aptains and first officers, type ratings not required.