PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar International's Improved Conditions For Some

Z Force
8th Oct 2006, 04:23
I heard a RUMOUR the other day that Jetstar are paying their initial Check and Training pilots around $250,000 plus their commuting costs to get the thing up and running. Also, Emirates got wind some of their pilots were leaving for Jetstar and subsequently gave them a payrise in the vicinity of 20% so they wouldn't depart. Anyone know anymore?

Vorsicht
8th Oct 2006, 06:16
Yes I know some more. The part about EK paying more is absolutey not true, so i suspect the first part may be suspect as well

V

DutchRoll
8th Oct 2006, 06:59
$250K for a JQ check & training Capt?

Geez, I hope mum's the word in JQ on this one. That'll be the same or more than QF mainline pay some of their check & trainers! It sure would make a mockery of QF management bleating about how much cheaper JQ pilots are - if it were true - which I suspect it isn't!

assasin8
8th Oct 2006, 10:26
Looks like QF management have the shovel out again...

3 Holer
8th Oct 2006, 11:48
Z Force don't believe anything you hear at the Cessnock Workers Club, it is always exaggerated by at least 40% :mad:

Aussie
8th Oct 2006, 15:25
YEah ill believe it when i see it in writing!

Aussie

MIss Behaviour
9th Oct 2006, 00:47
250K is one helluva 24carat carrot. I suspect management would be prepared to pay that (prorata) to a select few to get what they want done in a short space of time, then the carrot will go and out comes the stick.
AWA's are a green light for any company to move the goal posts as required. All's fine and dandy when you sign on the dotted line, then you get the stock standard letter which GD has saved to favourites saying something like "......in these challenging times of low cost carriers who are on a different pay scale to Qantas employees......in order for Qantas to have a sustainable future........" then bob's your uncle you're earning considerably less $$$.

max autobrakes
16th Oct 2006, 11:47
Not to mention the South Africans after citizenship.
I heard a rumour that questions are now being asked in Canberra that may shaft this source for JetStar International.
Life as an Airline manager would be so much easier without pesky unions, wouldn't it. :}

propaganda
16th Oct 2006, 20:05
It's the airlines decision where they source their pilots from..not the Gov't.
After all it's an international industy or is it a union with planes...

botero
16th Oct 2006, 22:56
"It's the airlines decision where they source their pilots from..not the Gov't"
Quite true propaganda so long as the 'sourced pilots' have a right to live and work in Australia it is not a problem.
If however they don't then they would need sponsorship and government approval for a visa. I'm guessing the visa would have to pushed by the company under the banner of a skills shortage here so that they can import the labour. The last time I looked I don't think I saw a skills shortage in this area! :hmm:

max autobrakes
26th Oct 2006, 01:12
Quite correct Botero.
However thanks to the '89 dispute ,piloting is still listed on the statutes as a skilled profession in short supply.
Just read other posts refering to the lack of response to the JetStar interpretation of "market forces".
Leverage off that, and voila, possibilities of persons from less stable countries after Aussie citizenship and an instant workforce to allow that great alternative lifestyler to fulfill his mission for Dixon and Oldmeadow. As I've read on other forums and posts, thanks to Johnny Howards WorkChoice Act there really isn't a lack of skilled labour in Australia, only a lack of skilled (slave )labour.:uhoh:

Eagleman
26th Oct 2006, 03:04
Is it true Rick has stooddown as JPC chairman to take a C&T job?

jack red
26th Oct 2006, 03:48
However thanks to the '89 dispute ,piloting is still listed on the statutes as a skilled profession in short supply.

Wake up max, that's the Companies line so they can still operate under CAO 48 exemptions. There's no pilot shortage here in Oz but there is becoming a shortage of pilots willing to pay for ratings and working for sh!te conditions.:ok:

Your comment on slave labour is quite correct.